Page 173 of 239 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 3576
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Nah, the Flash is and has been a mess for a good decade but DC still puts out plenty of fine comics. I actually think they're doing really well now with stuff like Wonder Comics, Morrison's Green Lantern, the Superman line and Doomsday Clock, plus those twelve-issue maxiseries by Tom King from the past few years are all pretty brilliant - Mister Miracle especially.

DC is all over the place as a publisher (pros: ending double shipping, good quality paper, actively expanding beyond the Direct Market; cons: editorial tripping over one another, a few random $5 comics for a literal couple of extra story pages, censorship and meddling from the suits) but I really don't agree with the notion that they aren't publishing any good to great comics.
    Superman line is a hit or a miss. Bendis's writes superman well and has built a world around superman. But, superfamily as whole sucks now. Bendis can't write lois, jon or clark as a father well.doomsday clock seems like it will have less of an effect. Morrison's green lantern is good, i agree. I read a couple of issues of dial h. It was ok. They are saying naomi is great. I haven't gotten around to it yet.
    I kind of liked the double shipping. The stories were told in much faster pace.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Rudy definitely works.
    Rudy just seems like villainish name. Maybe i am being weird because of "rudy jones" aka "the parasite".

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I think by the end of this series people will see we're not treating Flashpoint, New 52, Rebirth and Heroes In Crisis as separate stories with Wally West in them," Lobdell explained.
    I'm sorry? Just where was Wally in the New 52 again? Or does he mean the other Wally?
    And the less I'm reminded of Flashpoint and how Wally was treated in that mess the better.

Actually, the only Wally West story listed by Lobdell that was not horrific was Rebirth.

While I want that cover in Issue #1, will be using the same philosophy with Fast Forward that I used with HIC....wait until either it shows itself to be horrible or the ending to decide whether will snap up the trade or not. Am not spending $24 plus tax on what might be HIC Mark II. I'd rather spend money on the Baron trade and (hopefully) a Messner-Loeb one. Also waiting for the next book with Waid's Flash because I want the Dark Flash story arc in my hot little hands. Got to spend wisely.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

That podcasts just made me more scared for Wally. What Lobdell did with Ric was pure lethargic crap, and he campaigned for it. And now the title is firmly in the gutter. WTF? How are they giving this guy more work.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-25-2019 at 10:43 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    They should rename wallace west to ace west "a regular ace among speedsters".
    Personally, I would've been fine with "Walter."

I found this.

https://www.gofundme.com/billmessnerloebs

Amazing. Messner deserves better.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Also waiting for the next book with Waid's Flash because I want the Dark Flash story arc in my hot little hands. Got to spend wisely.
    That's from Morrison & Millar's run. I hope it will be released between Waid's Book 6 and 7.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    That's from Morrison & Millar's run. I hope it will be released between Waid's Book 6 and 7.
    No, Black Flash is Morrison & Millar (technically just Millar). Dark Flash is Waid's last arc.

And Morrison and Millar's run has already come out. It actually came out before they even started collecting Waid's run.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by LLSmoothJ View Post
    Personally, I would've been fine with "Walter."
    No. I have fond memories of Walter. Walter in Dark Flash was the 'I made a mistake' West that HIC wishes it could be.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    No, Black Flash is Morrison & Millar (technically just Millar). Dark Flash is Waid's last arc.

And Morrison and Millar's run has already come out. It actually came out before they even started collecting Waid's run.
    Correct. And a damn fine read that trade is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    I found this.

DC needs to put out his stories in trades asap and give him a decent percentage of the profits!
    Also, falling between the gap between getting government aid and not is hell. Not surprised he's getting more help from his community and friends than 'Uncle Sam'.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    That podcasts just made me more scared for Wally. What Lobdell did with Ric was pure lethargic crap, and he campaigned for it. And now the title is firmly in the gutter. WTF? How are they giving this guy more work.
    Purely on the basis that he is buddies with Harras. Note that prior to New 52 and the hiring of Harras as EiC his work at DC was virtually non-existent.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I found this.

I've given a couple of times, but need to give again.
    The bloke shouldn't be in the position he is.
    Stories like Bill's should make Americans ashamed of themselves.
    Health care should be provided to everyone - REGARDLESS of their credit rating.

The comics medium is a funny place. Writers and artists reach a certain age and it seems they're deemed no good at their craft anymore.
    And yet, there are books on the shelves right now that are either poorly written or drawn, but hey! They're the next new and exciting thing!

I would be wrapt to read some new Wally West Flash stories from Bill Messner-Loebs.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I found this.

This is horrifying.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Sounds terrible.

I would.think after the huge negative back lash they would try to sweep HIC under the rug. But from what your saying it sounds like they are leaning into it.

Well guess this is going to be a nope for me if true and will continue to not pick up any DC comics. Can't say I'm surprised.
    if it's high selling they will lean to it
    and if the trade or HC ends up high selling they will keep using it as a benchmark
    The backlash will only matter if the sales flop

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Correct. And a damn fine read that trade is.
    Morrison and Millar's run are both extremely underrated. They had some fantastic arcs in there.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!