Page 211 of 239 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Don't worry. It's too obvious at this point, even for us.

And I definitely don't see Lobdell or Booth trying a HiC 2.0 after last year's shistorm.

And this cover might be misleading : Yes, we can believe that Wally is shattering the world ... Or he could be trying to save it, avoiding it to collapse.
    I hope that’s the current DCU he’s holding and he destroys it! Because it continues to be dreadful.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I've been pleasantly surprised by Flash Forward. I hope it continues as I've really missed reading some fun Wally West stories.
    So February looks like it's going to cost me @ $200. Ouch!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I hope that’s the current DCU he’s holding and he destroys it! Because it continues to be dreadful.
    You think that he does something to undo the Flashpoint? That would bring back the kids, free the other speedsters (Max Mercury, Jesse Quick, Jay Garrick) from the Speed Force (both things that were set up 40 issues of Flash ago), and cause a ripple effect that would be felt across the other books in the following months. A lot of the Titans would end up aged back up to where they used to be (Nightwing already has been, he's mentioned losing nearly two decades of memories).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno. I see your points but also just see that they went out of their way to establish the "dead" Wally Artemis was talking to wasn't real so there was still an opening there. But you never know.
    As you said, we never know.

But I'd be surprised if they brought him back given they never really treated him like his own character. His true purpose just seemed to be that of the character who died. I mean, Zatanna had more of an individual character arc than Wally. Given the way they unceremoniously killed him off, I was not a fan of them milking his death and the teases in S3.

I'd hate to think a DC Legacy show with all those babies would ignore Wally's kids.
    It is pretty disappointing that for a show that respects characters' comic history even if they don't exactly follow it, that didn't seem to extend much to Wally.

Like, I didn't have a problem with Wally being inferior. But them only actively using the inferiority to make fun of him throughout "Bloodlines" and be the only reason he died while the other speedsters survived came across too much as "he isn't even good enough to be the Flash" for my tastes. Plus, they have Don and Dawn so they don't need Iris/Jai.
    Last edited by Rend20; 11-17-2019 at 12:20 AM.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I've been pleasantly surprised by Flash Forward. I hope it continues as I've really missed reading some fun Wally West stories.
    So February looks like it's going to cost me @ $200. Ouch!
    I believe the artist has said there won't be a book coming from this because the sales figures weren't what DC wanted. But I figure Wally will be rolled into the next event.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    As you said, we never know.

But I'd be surprised if they brought him back given they never really treated him like his own character. His true purpose just seemed to be that of the character who died. I mean, Zatanna had more of an individual character arc than Wally. Given the way they unceremoniously killed him off, I was not a fan of them milking his death and the teases in S3.

It is pretty disappointing that for a show that respects characters' comic history even if they don't exactly follow it, that didn't seem to extend much to Wally.

Like, I didn't have a problem with Wally being inferior. But them only actively using the inferiority to make fun of him throughout "Bloodlines" and be the only reason he died while the other speedsters survived came across too much as "he isn't even good enough to be the Flash" for my tastes. Plus, they have Don and Dawn so they don't need Iris/Jai.
    It does seem kind of unfair that it's Kaldur who gets to be the first member of the Team to take over for their mentor when that's Wally's whole shtick.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You think that he does something to undo the Flashpoint? That would bring back the kids, free the other speedsters (Max Mercury, Jesse Quick, Jay Garrick) from the Speed Force (both things that were set up 40 issues of Flash ago), and cause a ripple effect that would be felt across the other books in the following months. A lot of the Titans would end up aged back up to where they used to be (Nightwing already has been, he's mentioned losing nearly two decades of memories).
    This is exaclty what I though when they mentionned the "surprise ending". It could totally lead the way to the Hypertime Crisis/Metal 2 or whatever.

Sigh, I really hope they have plans for Wally and not just FF #6 and then: k bye, sales were bad. See ya till HiC2.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I have a suspicion that December will show the rollout of DC's new timeline, which stands a good chance of restoring most of the characters that Flashpoint removed. If they retroactively say that Flash Forward contributed to that restoration. But ultimately, all I care about is that the characters who were removed come back.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Unfortunately, Flash Forward #3 was far from good. It’s not bad either, it’s just empty :/

At least, next month, Chunk will be back.

Astonishing Member

The JL Vampire fighting stuff was all kind of whatever. The Wally + Roy stuff was good.

I think "all kinds of whatever" pretty much sums this mini up for me.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-20-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Unfortunately, Flash Forward #3 was far from good. It’s not bad either, it’s just empty :/

At least, next month, Chunk will be back.
    Really? I loved this issue. The best one yet. Was super fun

Wally kicked all kinds of butt and him in the vampire earth was really fun.

Just some awesome Wally moments. Saving everyone from the ship. Beating vampire Superman. Beating vampire Batman. Getting into the batcave.

Other moments I really liked were his fight with vampire Barry. His interaction with Roy. And that ending with Roy was also pretty deep with him not being the victim.

I really really liked this issue. After all this I would love Lodbell on a Wally ongoing.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Between Lobdell and Booth, FF#3 read like it was straight out of 1997. Except we were getting great Flash content back in '97, so that's probably a bad comparison.

I know Brett Booth loves Wally, and that's great, but he's still unable to draw legs, so it's weird that he's on a title starring a character who runs a lot. Wally's thighs were bigger than his chest cavity in a few panels.

Incredible Member

I loved this issue, too. I liked more the adventure on Earth-23, but here Wally felt more like himself, thinking about helping all that people and saying he has been throughout a lot of hard things to die now, plus his jokes were funny. I just wish Earth-43 Roy had survived.
    Last edited by Batgrayson; 11-21-2019 at 10:38 AM.