Page 219 of 239 FirstFirst ... 119169209215216217218219220221222223229 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 3576
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    He put Cobalt Blue in a Speed Force cage once, as though Speed Force were a Green Lantern ring.
    Well, they did come up with the idea of Speed Force knitting....I mean uniform making.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member

He put Cobalt Blue in a Speed Force cage once, as though Speed Force were a Green Lantern ring.
    A one time use that hasn't shown up before or since, unless you want to wrap it up into the same power as him making his clothes (Which showed up long before the Speed Force with Barry laser beaming Wally's clothes into his original Kid Flash uniform). It's the equivalent of any number of one off dumb power uses that Barry had long before the Speed Force in his myriad comics. Only it was explained with "Speed Force" instead of "Vibrations." Trust me, the Speed Force is not the reason dumb stuff happens. Dumb stuff happens and they use Speed Force as the explanation.

The scene/power usage that kicked off this course of conversation, Wally being unable to be surprised while his powers aren't active and using them "instinctually," was during the WML era. No Speed Force then.
    Last edited by Dred; 12-05-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I'm reading The Flash : 80th years of the Fastest Man Alive, and I thought I had to share Dan Didio's introduction with you guys :

So here we are, celebrating another milestone in the ongoing history of the Flash, our favorite Scarlet Speedster … Or should I say Scarlet Speedsters. Eighty years of the Flash, punctuated by five series volumes, four leading men, and one shared golden lightning bolt. […]

But rather than being a mini version of Barry Allen, Wally ultimately came into his own by finding his own book and joing the Teen Titans. When it became time for him to assume the mantle of the Flash, he was more than ready. Wally launched his own series, leading the way as the prime Flash for nearly two generations, except for a slight interruption when a descendant of the Allen clan moved in to take the mantle.

[…] Barry's return once again seemed to push Wally West back to second-class, and as if that wasn't bad enough, the New 52 era pushed Wally completely out of the DC Universe, until he had to have a Rebirth of his own.

Now all the Flashes run side by side – Jay, Barry, Wally, and Bart together - […].

The Flash is one of […] my favorites, regardless of who is in the costume. They will all be the Flash to me.
    Meanwhile :

https://youtu.be/gGx16xXt6Mw?t=75
    Last edited by Spider-Ham; 12-06-2019 at 06:56 AM.

Astonishing Member

There's a reason Barry's on the cover.

Now all the Flashes run side by side – Jay, Barry, Wally, and Bart together - […]. The Flash is one of […] my favorites, regardless of who is in the costume. They will all be the Flash to me.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS HE SMOKING?!! When was the last time we saw all of them running together?!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I couldn't stop laughing when I was reading that one.

This is pure gold.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Now all the Flashes run side by side – Jay, Barry, Wally, and Bart together - […]. The Flash is one of […] my favorites, regardless of who is in the costume. They will all be the Flash to me.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS HE SMOKING?!! When was the last time we saw all of them running together?!
    Barry's return comic. After that it was all Barry, all the time, **** everyone else.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I'm reading The Flash : 80th years of the Fastest Man Alive, and I thought I had to share Dan Didio's introduction with you guys :

Meanwhile :

https://youtu.be/gGx16xXt6Mw?t=75
    Wow. Thanks for sharing that interview. This guy has no idea what he's talking about. So he read Barons 15 issue run which yes did have Wally being an A hole. But seems to have missed Messner-Loebs and Waids next over 100 issue run where Wally grows and is a very fun, inspiring character with some flaws that also make him a three dimensional character and interesting.

What a load of bulls#it. He nailed it when he said it's all about who you grew up with. Although it really applies to him with his narrow minded bias. Also I noticed he had to throw in his second most hated character that he's trying to destroy. Dick Grayson.

At least the shown pages from Flash War reminded me of how great Wally looked in there.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    At least the shown pages from Flash War reminded me of how great Wally looked in there.
    Porter’s Wally West is truly awesome.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post

Lol. Exactly.

Jay. Hasn't been seen except for two cameos. Otherwise hasn't been around since, well Didios baby, the new 52 erased him.

Wally. We all know about that.

Bart. Hasn't been around since, again, New 52. Just came back a year ago and immediately got shunted out of universe.

So no Dan. It hasn't been four Flashes running side by side. Only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I couldn't stop laughing when I was reading that one.

This is pure gold.
    At least he's trying to be diplomatic even if it's so far from the truth its laughable.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

You guys are reading it way too literally. Jay, Barry, Wally and Bart are all currently being used and published in DC Comics.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

You guys are reading it way too literally. Jay, Barry, Wally and Bart are all currently being used and published in DC Comics.
    I suppose in a literal sense you're correct. The characters are indeed published by DC Comics.
    The REAL issue is DC don't seem to want to give spotlight to any of them other than Barry Allen.
    Let's take a look at how DC are using these characters shall we?

They tried to destroy the character Wally West. Heroes in Crisis is literally an exercise in character assassination. What pissed readers off so much was that they didn't even try to disguise it. Clumsy writing and absurd leaps in logic to try & justify it all. Putrid. It was SO awful Flash Forward was rushed out in an attempt to soothe the masses. We've already been told DC wouldn't give us a monthly Wally book unless the mini sold 70K a month! A ridiculous figure plucked from their collective arses to justify NOT publishing a character with a large support base, whose books when offered sell on par with Barry Allen related titles.

Barry Allen is being portrayed as a character I don't recognise. As a speedster who is supposed to have years of experience, he is often portrayed as a complete rookie. We haven't had a Flash Fact in a decade!

Bart was originally brought back as a completely new character 'Bar Torr'. When that was a great as it sounds, Bart was finally brought back then not seen until BMB started YJ, which proceeded to take all the characters into another universe. Bart has not spoken a word to his cousin or his grandfather since his re-introduction. WHY?? They're speedsters. Do they not have the time??

Jay has a made a couple of cameo appearances and recently turned up as a part of the JSA in Justice League. He hasn't done a damn thing though.

And then you can bring up John Fox, Linda Park, Iris and Jai, Jenni Ognatz, Johnny & Jessie Quick, Max Mercury.... I could continue.
    Dan DiDio and TPTB have decimated the Flash Family since the return of Barry. Instead of embracing everything that was great about the speedster corner of the DCU, they pissed it all away.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

No one is reading it "way too literally".

The guy who went out of his way several times to sabotage every character that is not his favorite doesn't get to say things are "equal". PERIOD.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

Barry stars in the Flash series, Bart is a core cast member in Young Justice, Wally is currently starring in a 6 issue mini-series and Jay is currently being featured in a big Justice League story, with plans for a Justice Society series.

If a character is appearing in comics on a monthly basis, then they're actively being utilised. This is surely what DiDo meant when he said "Now all the Flashes run side by side – Jay, Barry, Wally, and Bart together". Not that every issue of The Flash has all four of them appearing together at the same time in the same panel.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    So he read Barons 15 issue run which yes did have Wally being an A hole.
    The funny thing is there were times Barry was just as bad in his original (and current) run.

But Barry fans such as Didio refuse to acknowledge those times while unrelentingly holding them against Wally. Plus, notice how the whole "people grew up with them" logic only applies to the likes of Wally and Dick in an attempt to disparage their popularity when it's mostly true for every character including Barry.

If a character is appearing in comics on a monthly basis, then they're actively being utilised. This is surely what DiDo meant when he said "Now all the Flashes run side by side – Jay, Barry, Wally, and Bart together".
    It's still a bit disingenuous (at the moment) considering Jay and Wally are currently only being used for what amounts to a single arc. Only Barry and Bart have any sort of stability when it comes to "appearing on a monthly basis".