Page 22 of 239 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post

And in case you missed it, the preview of The Flash Annual #2 : https://comicsverse.com/flash-annual-2-preview/
    I know it's probably just a missing 'amount of time passed' thing (plus have some flu/bad cold symptoms), but I can't see Barry holding Wally's Rebirth Flash costume without thinking:

Geez, did Barry just whip the suit right off of Wally? (also "I wonder if it will fit?")

And then

I thought Wally's suit was made of pure Speedforce?

Also:

Where, then, is Max (last seen in Flash: Rebirth, I think)?

If in fact Wally is done justice with (not dead and not a murderer) I might just go back and buy the trade for this and the one for Flash War... using some judicious pieces of paper to block out the more gruesome scenes.
    Last edited by Kyer; 01-29-2019 at 06:12 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

So have finally caught up on the thread and I think I came up with a reason why Didio might okay King's keeping Wally alive:

More ways to kill him off.

I came to this conclusion because I also am a survivor/outcast of ComicBloc with a long memory and despite having Wally back (thank you, Geoff Johns for the Rebirth book!) no sooner is he back then he gets killed... how many times? I swear it seemed every Titans story was Wally getting killed. If there was audio we could probably turn up the sound and hear Didio cackling in the background like Darth Sidious. Or the Master making more and more creative ways to off Captain Jack Harkness.

In better news: June 4th is Amazon's date for the next Waid's The Flash reprint and according to the sales blurb we are getting close the The Underword story. I loved that one. Great art as well as a romance story -- and I'm usually not a huge fan of romance stories.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Well they do have control over my favorite super hero as well as other favorites of mine .
    Same here yet it's hard to care about the current comic versions.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    So I’ve heard of a Page of HiC #5- The ONLY Wally page:
    spoilers:
    Booster notices something odd about Wally’s body. It’s five days too old according to him. So time travel is obviously involved.
    end of spoilers
    I suspected that time travel would read it's ugly head in this story.

The real question is now this: will they use time travel to prevent the events at Sanctuary from happening or use time travel to do a partial reboot of the DC universe?

The timing for all these books getting cancelled is very suspicious and there are usually continuity changes when these Crisis events happen.

Astonishing Member

Guys, if you're replying to something in spoiler tags, and your reply makes the nature of the spoiler obvious, then use spoiler tags yourself.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I suspected that time travel would read it's ugly head in this story.

The real question is now this: will they use time travel to prevent the events at Sanctuary from happening or use time travel to do a partial reboot of the DC universe?

The timing for all these books getting cancelled is very suspicious and there are usually continuity changes when these Crisis events happen.
    There is no way this leads to a reboot of any level. If things had worked out it'd of Doomsday Clock would be close to wrapping and then Heroes wrapping a few months later. That's one too many reboots. If anything it'll be a launch for a new title or relaunch of an old one.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Wally West should never had been brought back.
    It's painfully obvious that other than Geoff Johns and Brett Booth, nobody really gives a toss about the character.
    It's MORE obvious still, that DC had absolutely NO IDEA what to do with him once he had returned.
    Why he couldn't have simply been a supporting character in Barry's book for the first couple of years is beyond me.
    They could've written some wonderful stories with Wally and Barry bouncing stuff off one another, trade Flash Facts etc. and while doing so, gauged interest in launching a second Flash title.

Instead, we got Wally in the Titans book - which was pretty much a mess from the outset, where he did nothing of substance other than die twice, was given a pacemaker and was written as being so afraid of Deathstroke he literally ran away (this is the same character who has outraced death itself, fought gods, etc.) leaving a piss trail behind him.

I should've known better than to get my hopes up. I'm more mad at myself than DC.

Kill him, rape him, rape and THEN kill him - OOHH! Here's something you haven't done to a legacy character yet!! Cut his legs off!!!
    I don't care anymore Dan. Do as you will.
    Hopefully, the tide will eventually change again and we will be given a great Wally West Flash book to read once more.
    Until then, I'll be here in my pile of back issues.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    It's painfully obvious that other than Geoff Johns and Brett Booth, nobody really gives a toss about the character.
    It's MORE obvious still, that DC had absolutely NO IDEA what to do with him once he had returned.
    Why he couldn't have simply been a supporting character in Barry's book for the first couple of years is beyond me.
    They could've written some wonderful stories with Wally and Barry bouncing stuff off one another, trade Flash Facts etc. and while doing so, gauged interest in launching a second Flash title.

Instead, we got Wally in the Titans book - which was pretty much a mess from the outset, where he did nothing of substance other than die twice, was given a pacemaker and was written as being so afraid of Deathstroke he literally ran away (this is the same character who has outraced death itself, fought gods, etc.) leaving a piss trail behind him.

I should've known better than to get my hopes up. I'm more mad at myself than DC.

Kill him, rape him, rape and THEN kill him - OOHH! Here's something you haven't done to a legacy character yet!! Cut his legs off!!!
    Hopefully, the tide will eventually change again and we will be given a great Wally West Flash book to read once more.
    The vast majority of writers like/prefer Wally. It is never in their hands.

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    Yeah the killer is Wally, its heavily implied in HiC #5.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Even if there is another twist and Wally isn't the killer I just don't care. This event isn't a story I am at all invested in and any twist or curve doesn't change that. I feel it has been a disaster. It highlights so much about what I detest about modern comics and events. Of course they will keep making these stories because people will continue to buy them. It is just sad.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    spoilers:
    Yeah the killer is Wally, its heavily implied in HiC #5.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Does it tries to at least explain why he did that? I get that he was unhealthily attached to a reality which hadn't happened, and I understand that it could mess up anyone. But Wally West, while he isn't my Flash - I started reading comics thanks to Flashpoint, so I'm Barry and Wallace all the way- is a great hero, with a storied history. Surely he wouldn't have been broken up and ending killing dozens of peoples who had nothing to do at all with his suffering? Or is it the mystery now : why did Wally went completely nuts and killed the DC Universe ?
    end of spoilers

BANNED

spoilers:
    I think a alternate Wally could be responsible for the tragedy or maybe it's jay somehow coming back unhinged who did the killings. in flash rebirth zoom does hint at one of Wally's kids doing something horrible to him.
    end of spoilers

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

I would love to see Barry West coming back as a villain. Never liked that dude.

Didio just did his best Randy Marsh impression after reading your ideas for him.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

As always I agree with you.
    Sadly I've stopped believing in this DC and for the first time in my life I've lowered my pulling list to two regular series plus Doomsday Clock.
    I've no more interest in what they're doing to my loved characters: Wally, Roy, Donna, Dick, Garth, Guy, Kyle, Helena, Connor. Only Young Justice characters seem to have a chance even though I'm not confident at all.
    I'm on my pile of back issues too, ready to jump in again when my generation of characters will have some deserved respect.