Page 223 of 239 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 3576
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I think it’s weird the thread has shifted from being angry about the lack of Flash Family (despite 7 Flash Family characters in DC comics this month) to being angry that we are getting a Flash Family story arc (and backup stories) immediately following Flash Forward.
    It's not weird. People are either angry or wary. They were either angry or wary 10 years ago already, and only got angrier or warier 10 years later.

And at this point, no one has the right to expect any different initial initial reaction from the fandom. If DC really wants to get it right, it's their responsibility to it so first. Right now expecting crap from any and all announcements is just common sense.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Ultimate Member

I think it’s weird the thread has shifted from being angry about the lack of Flash Family (despite 7 Flash Family characters in DC comics this month) to being angry that we are getting a Flash Family story arc (and backup stories) immediately following Flash Forward.
    Because DC's antics with not just Wally but a CRAPLOAD of characters who held solos that lasted longer than 6 issues, made popular by tv or movies, have actors BEGGING to play them or currently star on tv shows get screwed over by DC's comic book side.

While seeing new guys show up with A list or formerly A list talent on them or guys being shoved in our faces because they are PETS-nevermind how many of them have piles UPON piles OF UNSOLD books in stores. Because they are not POC, LGBTQ or Inhumans-crybaby stores are not calling for employee's heads over 1-2 unsold copies.

So yeah Wally fans have dealt with this for almost 10 years. One crappy story in what SHOULD have been Wally's 750th issue of Flash-is not going to make up for the last 10 years or HIC.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    It's not weird. People are either angry or wary. They were either angry or wary 10 years ago already, and only got angrier or warier 10 years later.

And at this point, no one has the right to expect any different initial initial reaction from the fandom. If DC really wants to get it right, it's their responsibility to it so first. Right now expecting crap from any and all announcements is just common sense.
    There's a reason fans respond the way they do. We're conditioned this way. It's not like we haven't been fed bullshit Flash solicits before, either. HiC was nothing but bullshit solicits meant to obfuscate the reaming they were giving Wally.

Astonishing Member

It sounds like you’d all be furious if Wally doesn’t appear in Flash #750 and even more furious if Wally does appear in Flash #750.

Not more furious, no. Less furious, but still upset if they still shaft Wally despite including him.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

It sounds like you’d all be furious if Wally doesn’t appear in Flash #750 and even more furious if Wally does appear in Flash #750.
    Furious is too strong a word.

That said, if not a proper showing at the bare minimum (which is unlikely. We'll probably get another "oh, when I was Kid Flash" flashback bullshit), it's meaningless and changes nothing.

DC is free to pleasantly surprise me, but so far they've shown no intent in doing so, so that's that.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I do think there's a decent chance that we'll get a story about Wally back during G3, when he was the Flash. It might also include Wally's version of the Rogues. That's about as much as we can expect, though.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Yeah I think we will get the 90s cover, 2000s as a tribute to Johns if we are lucky and one classic era covers (I bet on Derington) will include him as Kid Flash.

Now the tribute stories, that I’m unsure about. Almost certainly Wolfman one will be about Barry (he hates Wally) but the rest is up for grabs. Johns has the most potential to write about Wally from the line up but I bet his story will be more about Captain Cold than Wally Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Almost certainly Wolfman one will be about Barry (he hates Wally)
    He doesn't. He hated writing him on Teen Titans, but that was because he felt he could create no challenge to him due to his powerset.

That said, yes, it'll probably be Barry.

I think at this point one shouldn’t expect them to do something with Wally anywhere.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I will be shocked if Wally gets a decent look-in here.
    Pretty sure it'll be as Barry-centric as DC can manage.
    Wally's time as the Flash has pretty much been all but erased from continuity.
    His tenure as the title holder hasn't been mentioned ONCE since Rebirth.
    Hell, when he finally came back, it was as Kid Flash for Christ's sake!!
    Now if the company has gone down this path over the last decade, with TPTB unchanged - what makes anyone think a milestone issue number will make a lick of difference??
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    He doesn't. He hated writing him on Teen Titans, but that was because he felt he could create no challenge to him due to his powerset.

That said, yes, it'll probably be Barry.
    And it's almost definitely going to be a tribute to Crisis.

Besides Johns we have Manapul who...never done (&avoided) anything with Wally in it so that leaves Moreci....If I recall correctly, Moreci sneaked Wally into his New Talent Showcase one-shot, he seems to be a fan.

The Flash Age itself is going to be a mess though.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Moreci also wrote that great team up issue with Wally and Dick in Nightwing 20.

It was a really good issue so I'm hoping he is writing a Wally story in there.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Besides Johns we have Manapul who...never done (&avoided) anything with Wally in it
    But isn't that editorial's fault?

Manapul has been pretty open about how he wanted to bring Wally in, and even tried to sneak an appearance, when he was on the book. But he was told "use Barry Allen, that's it" by editorial. He also seems to be a pretty big fan based on other interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    But isn't that editorial's fault?

Manapul has been pretty open about how he wanted to bring Wally in, and even tried to sneak an appearance, when he was on the book. But he was told "use Barry Allen, that's it" by editorial. He also seems to be a pretty big fan based on other interviews.
    Editorial is always at fault make no mistake. But he doesn't care about Wally either. I don't hold my breath. We're gonna get the bare minimum stuff.