Page 227 of 239 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 3576
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Hang on, I'm trying to give a s*** about the year of the villian and the dark multiverse........................................ .............nope, not happening.
    Haha!!! You and everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Not surprising. He probably won't be anywhere for at least a few months after Flash Forward.

Speaking of which, the preview for the next issue is out.
    Ok I know this is an important aspect of Wally but I am so sick and tired of hearing Wally moan about his family. It's been over three years. Can we move on already and just have Wally being a super hero and fight villains? Or just focus on something else?

I know I'm not the biggest fan of his kids but I get that other people are and its his kids. But this is just getting annoying already. If I didnt know what Wallys actual personality was or that hes had decades of amazing adventures I would really dislike this sad sack moping character.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Williamson’s answer :

https://mobile.twitter.com/Williamso...00407344824320

It’s interesting to see he can’t even mention if Bart is going to appear.
    Thanks for that. After Flash Forward hopefully cleans up some of the HIC mess and appeases Wally fans somewhat dont expect anything Wally related for awhile. After progressively screwing with Wally more and more since Rebirth they finally went too far with HIC so thankfully that means they are done with that for now but dont expect them to use him for actual good stories or in a good light either. So I think Didio is done with Wally for now.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Ok I know this is an important aspect of Wally but I am so sick and tired of hearing Wally moan about his family. It's been over three years. Can we move on already and just have Wally being a super hero and fight villains? Or just focus on something else?

I know I'm not the biggest fan of his kids but I get that other people are and its his kids. But this is just getting annoying already. If I didnt know what Wallys actual personality was or that hes had decades of amazing adventures I would really dislike this sad sack moping character.
    This has become Wally's "dead mother". They are going to milk it to death like they are doing it with Barry's mother. Poor Barry hasn't moved forward and now the same is happening to Wally now.

Honestly I blame the fans, not DC here. DC made it clear on several occasions that kids didn't fit. You may like the idea but writers couldn't produce anything for the long term. Ever since they were brought in, Wally's character chained to them. His ENTIRE side cast was dropped to focus on the twins, Linda was made into "mother" and nothing else, Wally's all arcs revolved around kids kids KIDS. His Convergence story, Flash War, entire Heroes in Crisis and now Flash Forward revolve around kids. The fans keep saying this somehow moves Wally forward when in fact the guy is CIRCLING through the same arcs over and over again. We get it! He likes his children! Something bad keeps happening to them! Woe is Wally! It's done, MOVE ON.

Just put the kids in future or something. They exist but not in the main timeline. Keep Wally away from them for a while, let him think SOMETHING ELSE. Even if they come back, just give Wally his own space. I want to read about him, not about his kids!

If you ask me, yes, they should go with the TV show Nora West-Allen route.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    This has become Wally's "dead mother". They are going to milk it to death like they are doing it with Barry's mother. Poor Barry hasn't moved forward and now the same is happening to Wally now.

Honestly I blame the fans, not DC here. DC made it clear on several occasions that kids didn't fit. You may like the idea but writers couldn't produce anything for the long term. Ever since they were brought in, Wally's character chained to them. His ENTIRE side cast was dropped to focus on the twins, Linda was made into "mother" and nothing else, Wally's all arcs revolved around kids kids KIDS. His Convergence story, Flash War, entire Heroes in Crisis and now Flash Forward revolve around kids. The fans keep saying this somehow moves Wally forward when in fact the guy is CIRCLING through the same arcs over and over again. We get it! He likes his children! Something bad keeps happening to them! Woe is Wally! It's done, MOVE ON.

Just put the kids in future or something. They exist but not in the main timeline. Keep Wally away from them for a while, let him think SOMETHING ELSE. Even if they come back, just give Wally his own space. I want to read about him, not about his kids!

Totally agree with all of this.

I actually didnt even think.of how the kids not only lessened Wally but Linda as well. She had a strong, prominent, kick ass personality all.her own and then just became a background Mrs mom once they showed up.

Unfortunately it looks like this will still go one as the end of Flash Forward is focused on them once again. Teasing whether Wally will save them.or let them go to save the universe.

Most probably he will sacrifice himself for them or just disappear with them to exist with them outside the DCU. DC probably sees this as the best solution. Getting rid of Wally and also giving him his kids back.

Unfortunately for fans who.just want to read adventures of one of our favorite characters it doesn't pan out.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

It was like 19 issues, half of which were standby for cancellation. What are you even on about?

If you want to blame anyone for Linda slipping into the background then that's on Johns. She was way less prominent starting with his run

Totally agree with all of this.

I actually didnt even think.of how the kids not only lessened Wally but Linda as well. She had a strong, prominent, kick ass personality all.her own and then just became a background Mrs mom once they showed up.

Unfortunately it looks like this will still go one as the end of Flash Forward is focused on them once again. Teasing whether Wally will save them.or let them go to save the universe.

Most probably he will sacrifice himself for them or just disappear with them to exist with them outside the DCU. DC probably sees this as the best solution. Getting rid of Wally and also giving him his kids back.

Unfortunately for fans who.just want to read adventures of one of our favorite characters it doesn't pan out.
    Same happened with Lois Lane. Writers can't write woman when they have a child to look after. It limits them.

Giving back his kids is an easy way to retire him, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    It was like 19 issues, half of which were standby for cancellation. What are you even on about?

If you want to blame anyone for Linda slipping into the background then that's on Johns. She was way less prominent starting with his run
    It was close to two years, what are you on about?

Johns managed Linda fine, not everything has to be about the unbreakable bond they have. Waid did that enough and it's clear Johns wanted to go back to "hands on" superheroics, which I welcomed. I also liked Linda pursuing other career options, wish it stuck for good. A doctor Linda would have been interesting.

I can't believe I just realized Wally's "family" has become his equivalent to Barry's dead mom. What has become of The Flashes ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't believe I just realized Wally's "family" has become his equivalent to Barry's dead mom. What has become of The Flashes ?
    It's a good thing Bart doesn't have any sort of blood family exclusive to him around. Who knows what they would do to them as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The same thing that has happened to most of our beloved DC characters that are not Batman. Piss poor leadership and creative talents.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Spectacular Member

I already started not liking the show as much in season 2 but this last one was way worse.

Boring and uninteresting plot with a bunch of random, obscure characters that were either boring or annoying.
    I had the same reason for losing interest in the show in season 2 before I could believe the excuse that the writing problems with the subplots and characters was simply because the season had 20 episodes instead of 26. However, with the same problems appearing in season 3 I just have to accept that the issues I have with the show is because of the writing and not losing two hours of screen time that could have been used to make interesting plots that don't feel like they could be cut entirely and nothing would be different in the overall plot (either for the season or the series as a whole if we actually get their 10 (or was it 7) season plan) and character development.

Incredible Member

It's a good thing Bart doesn't have any sort of blood family exclusive to him around. Who knows what they would do to them as well?
    I mean, Bart is pretty much a YJ exclusive. He has barely appeared outside of the YJ4 since N52.

Well from today's Doomsday Clock's preview of DC's upcoming plans at least we know Wally will be around. I guess that's pretty good news.

Astonishing Member

Same happened with Lois Lane. Writers can't write woman when they have a child to look after. It limits them.

Giving back his kids is an easy way to retire him, I agree.

It was close to two years, what are you on about?

Johns managed Linda fine, not everything has to be about the unbreakable bond they have. Waid did that enough and it's clear Johns wanted to go back to "hands on" superheroics, which I welcomed. I also liked Linda pursuing other career options, wish it stuck for good. A doctor Linda would have been interesting.
    Doctor Linda was, like, the thing that happened when the kids were around. She was the smart one figuring things out. Which was generally her role in the past, just with a different flavor.

Well from today's Doomsday Clock's preview of DC's upcoming plans at least we know Wally will be around. I guess that's pretty good news.
    I spotted Liberty Belle too! Wonder if it’s the Jesse version.
    Any thoughts on the new costume?

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Doctor Linda was, like, the thing that happened when the kids were around. She was the smart one figuring things out. Which was generally her role in the past, just with a different flavor.
    Linda went to medical school in Johns run but had to drop out after Zoom.

Astonishing Member

Linda went to medical school in Johns run but had to drop out after Zoom.
    I'm not sure what you're getting at. The only thing I'm telling you that they picked up that character thread...when the kids were introduced.
    Last edited by Dred; 12-18-2019 at 06:43 AM.

It pretty much looks like the regular Flash costume with the yellow lighting except with Wallys hair still exposed.
    I honestly hope this is a coloring mistake as I really prefer Wally's current Rebirth suit.

Its just a really nice suit and gives Wally his own look rather than just being a copy of Barrys.

Also is that Jai as the turtle behind him?