Page 228 of 239 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 3576
    Astonishing Member

Also, I don't remember who was saying it but earlier in this thread there was the assumption that "something big" was going to happen for Wally because Flash Forward #4 fell on the same day as Doomsday Clock #12.

That was certainly not the case. All we got was a minor cameo. Wally was less than trivial to Doomsday Clock.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    This has become Wally's "dead mother". They are going to milk it to death like they are doing it with Barry's mother. Poor Barry hasn't moved forward and now the same is happening to Wally now.

Honestly I blame the fans, not DC here. DC made it clear on several occasions that kids didn't fit. You may like the idea but writers couldn't produce anything for the long term. Ever since they were brought in, Wally's character chained to them. His ENTIRE side cast was dropped to focus on the twins, Linda was made into "mother" and nothing else, Wally's all arcs revolved around kids kids KIDS. His Convergence story, Flash War, entire Heroes in Crisis and now Flash Forward revolve around kids. The fans keep saying this somehow moves Wally forward when in fact the guy is CIRCLING through the same arcs over and over again. We get it! He likes his children! Something bad keeps happening to them! Woe is Wally! It's done, MOVE ON.

Just put the kids in future or something. They exist but not in the main timeline. Keep Wally away from them for a while, let him think SOMETHING ELSE. Even if they come back, just give Wally his own space. I want to read about him, not about his kids!

If you ask me, yes, they should go with the TV show Nora West-Allen route.
    If DC can make stories for Superman where he’s teaching his son how to use his powers, then they sure can do a similar thing for Wally West and all of you know it given the whole Super Sons series and other Jon Kent tales.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Well from today's Doomsday Clock's preview of DC's upcoming plans at least we know Wally will be around. I guess that's pretty good news.
    I hope you're right.

I was so happy to see Irey as the new Kid Flash and Jai as the Turtle. I'm pretty sure Didio won't allow it to happen but it was great.

I also finished Flash Forward #4 : Fantastic issue. The purest form of a Wally West story. Aaaaaaand I'd love to have an ongoing with Lightspeed meeting her Wally

Astonishing Member

Also I think it's a bit disingenuous to say the kids are Wally's "dead mom." Barry's dead mom was created to make angst for him. Wally's kids were created to create another avenue of happiness and growth for him and to introduce the next step in the family -- as is natural for The Flashes and Wally considering what he embodies (and, as a side note, to make the Flash family a little less generically 1950s, though no one seems to ever consider Wally's kids when they wax progressive about how important diversity is with other characters). They got twisted into this as a consequence of Barry's return and Wally's erasure. And we've had a total of, I'd say, 2 arcs that involve being sad about them. The awfulness that was Heroes in Crisis (admittedly terrible enough to exceed anything done with the milquetoast dead mom angle) and half of Flash War. Unless you want to count the fallout of Blitz but no one's complaining about the quality of Johns' Flash run, I hope.

Maybe I'll be wrong and, like many people fear, these kids are about to get whisked off/killed as a consequence of this arc to continue the angst trip. But as of now Flash Forward could just...be a story about saving loved ones. Something we used to applaud The Flash, and Wally, for being about.
    Last edited by Dred; 12-18-2019 at 07:48 AM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I hope you're right.

I was so happy to see Irey as the new Kid Flash and Jai as the Turtle. I'm pretty sure Didio won't allow it to happen but it was great.

I also finished Flash Forward #4 : Fantastic issue. The purest form of a Wally West story. Aaaaaaand I'd love to have an ongoing with Lightspeed meeting her Wally
    So can we say its likely today's Doomsady Clock spoiled Flash Forwards ending and the kids are coming back? Also wonder what the significance of Wally going back to the more traditional yellow and red look means?

Today's Flash Forward was ok. Was nice to see Wally with Linda again even though it's not the real one. As well as reasserting that she is his one and only.

I was hoping this issue would be more about Wallys own journey rather than just saving another multiverse world. But I guess the next issue will start that now that hes with the kids.

I was hoping Wallys personal journey in all this would be more of redemption or somehow fixing and erasing HIC and having Wally move on and able to act like his old self again. But it looks like the end result of all this will be more of just him getting the kids back. Could be worse I guess.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

So can we say its likely today's Doomsady Clock spoiled Flash Forwards ending and the kids are coming back? Also wonder what the significance of Wally going back to the more traditional yellow and red look means?

Today's Flash Forward was ok. Was nice to see Wally with Linda again even though it's not the real one. As well as reasserting that she is his one and only.

I was hoping this issue would be more about Wallys own journey rather than just saving another multiverse world. But I guess the next issue will start that now that hes with the kids.

I was hoping Wallys personal journey in all this would be more of redemption or somehow fixing and erasing HIC and having Wally move on and able to act like his old self again. But it looks like the end result of all this will be more of just him getting the kids back. Could be worse I guess.
    I hope he gets the kids back. This whole Flash Forward storyline seems to be building up to Wally being forced to save the Multiverse or his children.

Astonishing Member

Doomsday Clock didn't show anything to do with the kids. Wally only appeared once, in a giant splash page. So Wally will exist but who knows about anything else.

Also, to the thread at large, I dunno. I just melted at the splash of Wally finally hugging his kids again today. Maybe I'm a big ol softie, and I'm sure it's a lot easier to accept when you like the idea in the first place, but the familial happiness is so fundamental to me in The Flash. Even with Booth art it hits the right tone for me. Maybe it means nothing if you hate the kids, I just don't understand how you don't like it.
    Last edited by Dred; 12-18-2019 at 12:13 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Doomsday Clock didn't show anything to do with the kids. Wally only appeared once, in a giant splash page. So Wally will exist but who knows about anything else.
    some people think it's jai as the turtle behind wally.
    RCO034-1576662486.jpg

Astonishing Member

Oh, huh, good catch. That's a weird pull considering it always seemed to be hinted at that Turtle Jai would be a villain but hey.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post

Also, to the thread at large, I dunno. I just melted at the splash of Wally finally hugging his kids again today. Maybe I'm a big ol softie, and I'm sure it's a lot easier to accept when you like the idea in the first place, but the familial happiness is so fundamental to me in The Flash. Even with Booth art it hits the right tone for me. Maybe it means nothing if you hate the kids, I just don't understand how you don't like it.
    It's also nice to see Wally will not only be around in DC's future plans but might even play a part in it. Seeing Donna and Dick back as Nightwing is also nice

I agree it was nice to see Wally happy. As much as I dont like the kids it was a nice change from seeing how miserable they have been making Wally the past few years to actually see him happy. Although let's see how long it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    RCO034-1576662486.jpg
    I dont know if I'm looking too much into it but at first I thought the speedster cut off was Wallace but if you look by the arm it kinda looks like a brown braid flying back. Irey as Kid Flash maybe??
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

I just feel like there's clearly some good stories to tell about Wally being a dad. Sure, it's not the same as the all time great stuff, but if we just kept retreading the stuff that was good we'd have never even gotten Wally in the first place, you know?

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

RCO034-1576662486.jpg
    Not only that, but the Kid Flash there may be Iris. What we see of the body looks like a feminine drawing, and there're no signs of the black outlines of Wallace's costume.

Also wonder what the significance of Wally going back to the more traditional yellow and red look means?
    It might mean 3 different things:

• The colorist made a mistake (most likely)
    • Someone at DC sees my posts at CBR and elsewhere and finally understood that the lack of yellow boots signifies lameness on a Flash.
    • That's not Wally.

Now, HEAR ME OUT on this one:

The main Flash in that image, which we're all assuming it's Barry, has a somewhat different design. (Emblem, belt and boots). I don't think Gary Frank would make mistakes in drawing exactly what diferentiates Flash costumes from one another at this point, so that Flash might be Wally (or someone else). Now, if the main Flash in the pic happens top be Wally, the one with flowing hair would have top be Bart (redhead, I know, but that can e either a mistake or lighting).

Considering that there's probably gonna be a time-skip for 5g, that makes some sense.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

RCO034-1576662486.jpg
    It’s so Jai.

I think Irey is in front, and that you can see one of her braids.

All-New Member

could that Flash be bommerang's son? He's been rumored to take over as the flash during 5G

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Not only that, but the Kid Flash there may be Iris. What we see of the body looks like a feminine drawing, and there're no signs of the black outlines of Wallace's costume.

It might mean 3 different things:

• The colorist made a mistake (most likely)
    • Someone at DC sees my posts at CBR and elsewhere and finally understood that the lack of yellow boots signifies lameness on a Flash.
    • That's not Wally.

Now, HEAR ME OUT on this one:

The main Flash in that image, which we're all assuming it's Barry, has a somewhat different design. (Emblem, belt and boots). I don't think Gary Frank would make mistakes in drawing exactly what diferentiates Flash costumes from one another at this point, so that Flash might be Wally (or someone else). Now, if the main Flash in the pic happens top be Wally, the one with flowing hair would have top be Bart (redhead, I know, but that can e either a mistake or lighting).

Considering that there's probably gonna be a time-skip for 5g, that makes some sense.
    But... Bart has brown hair. I mean, it could be, wouldn't be the first time that happens. But...

And yeah, that one in the kid flash costume is a girl with a brown braid. Could be Irey, but... wasn't she a redhead, like Wally?

(No Red Hood in the Batfam side T_T. Huh, or Robin. Or Red Robin/Whatever)
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-18-2019 at 04:06 PM.