Page 229 of 239 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 3576
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

If they're going to change Wally's look again, I would really LOVE to see Wally return to the shiny crimson suit, white eyes but go with the Rebirth silver instead of gold.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    If they're going to change Wally's look again, I would really LOVE to see Wally return to the shiny crimson suit, white eyes but go with the Rebirth silver instead of gold.
    Please, no.

The silver is a big signifier of "not-Flash".
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    some people think it's jai as the turtle behind wally.
    Attachment 90424
    Looks like Wally is wearing one of his old costumes just with his hair exposed.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Please, no.

that shipped sailed for wally. so might as well go full walter west/dark flash costume.
    Last edited by deadman322; 12-18-2019 at 09:27 PM.

Astonishing Member

I'd be happy if they gave Wally the Walter West costume. That was a great design. (Mark Waid thinks so too.)

Spectacular Member

I see the image of an ambiguous young person with black hair and in a round green suite that could possibly be an older Jai West. I also see a more feminine looking Kid-Flash running in front, face block; I try to convince myself that it is just Wallace West drawn more feminine than usual. But then notice the ponytail floating above the black hair man's head; is it a ponytail, or is my mind playing tricks on me? Also sees that the DC Wiki lists Jai and Iris among the Flash Family, but that's a case where anyone can edit it and add anything they want - or is it?

It is as this moment where I would play the Hawkey/Ronin gif from Engame, "Don't give me hope."

Mind you, I'm not necessarily a big fan of Wally's twins, but I am a big fan of what Geoff Johns set up at the end of Flash: Rebirth. It is almost a shame that a lot what Johns set up never really came to pass because of the New 52, and Wally's twins were definitely part of that plan. Will we finally get to witness Reverse-Flash's prophecy where one of Wally's twins will ruin his life, similarly to how we eventually got the Reverse-Flash and Zoom team-up that was originally brought up in Rebirth? We can only hope.

Not only that, I want Wally to have a win in the end of Flash Forward. The character doesn't deserve to have his family ripped from him again, its too cruel. Like most people on this forum, I am very nervous in what direction they take Wally at the end of Flash Forward. I'm worried they will take him off-board again, or worse have him sacrifice his family. If the two characters running along the Flashes are really Jai and Iris, then I can breath a side of relief.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    That would be great. The more they can give Wally his distinctive features back the better. Doesn't hurt that they look cool too. I would also keep.aspects of the darker red/burgundy color as well.

Please, no.

Or Wally being his own Flash rather than just copying Barry.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

flash forward 6 variant by in hyuk lee

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    i've enjoyed Flash Forward so far, but if Wally ends up as a replacement for Metron I'm going to be annoyed.

Well, it worked out so well for Batman...

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Or Wally being his own Flash rather than just copying Barry.
    Let's not kid ourselves. There are some pretty ingrained symbols that mean "Flash" at this point. The look, the colors,. the symbols, the boots, etc.

Any of that stuff that's taken away from Wally is a step into making him lamer, not to "grow into his own character".

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    I see the image of an ambiguous young person with black hair and in a round green suite that could possibly be an older Jai West. I also see a more feminine looking Kid-Flash running in front, face block; I try to convince myself that it is just Wallace West drawn more feminine than usual. But then notice the ponytail floating above the black hair man's head; is it a ponytail, or is my mind playing tricks on me? Also sees that the DC Wiki lists Jai and Iris among the Flash Family, but that's a case where anyone can edit it and add anything they want - or is it?

It is as this moment where I would play the Hawkey/Ronin gif from Engame, "Don't give me hope."

Mind you, I'm not necessarily a big fan of Wally's twins, but I am a big fan of what Geoff Johns set up at the end of Flash: Rebirth. It is almost a shame that a lot what Johns set up never really came to pass because of the New 52, and Wally's twins were definitely part of that plan. Will we finally get to witness Reverse-Flash's prophecy where one of Wally's twins will ruin his life, similarly to how we eventually got the Reverse-Flash and Zoom team-up that was originally brought up in Rebirth? We can only hope.

Not only that, I want Wally to have a win in the end of Flash Forward. The character doesn't deserve to have his family ripped from him again, its too cruel. Like most people on this forum, I am very nervous in what direction they take Wally at the end of Flash Forward. I'm worried they will take him off-board again, or worse have him sacrifice his family. If the two characters running along the Flashes are really Jai and Iris, then I can breath a side of relief.
    That's definitely a braid. Maybe since Bart's Impulse again, Irey decides to become Kid Flash... but if so, where does that leave Wallace?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Thats an amazing cover. The art and colors are just so nice. The variant covers have been awesome for most of this series.

Let's not kid ourselves. There are some pretty ingrained symbols that mean "Flash" at this point. The look, the colors,. the symbols, the boots, etc.

Any of that stuff that's taken away from Wally is a step into making him lamer, not to "grow into his own character".
    I agree to a certain degree. There are certain things that are fundamental characteristics to the Flashs look. Lightning motif, some sort of red color. These definitely need to stay in some degree to be a Flash.

But there is also room to put a unique spin on these and other things without discarding the essential Flash look.

I think giving Wally his own distinct look is important now that Barry is back. It was ok when.Wally was the only Flash around. (Frankly even.then I liked that they gave Wally his own spin on.the suit, chrome red, white eyes, ect, to give him his own look despite Barry being gone and him.being the only Flash around) but now that Barry is back and Wally is viewed by some as unnecessary giving him his own look is important. To make him his own person so.hell.have own place rather than an imitation which is extra.

I think there is a fine balance to keeping him recognizably as the Flash as well as giving him his own look.

Making his red darker or chrome and changing the gold to its counterpart silver I think is the right balance. It's not like.they gave him a Cape, turned his suit green and changed his emblem.to a storm cloud.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    . It's not like.they gave him a Cape, turned his suit green and changed his emblem.to a storm cloud.
    Yet.

And that's my point here.

If they need to give Wally an unique look, Said look should be designed beginning with the principle of "how to make an awesome Flash look that's distinctively Wally" and not a "let's distinguish him from Barry". It may sound the same, but it isn't.

Sure, change the design, but the centered lightining insignia, the big yellow boots and crimson-gold color scheme are a must if he is not to be looked at as "second-rate Flash". Honestly, IO wouldn't mind a closed cowl as well.

Astonishing Member

The more alike two characters are, the less reason to actively use both of them.

Sure, change the design, but the centered lightining insignia, the big yellow boots and crimson-gold color scheme are a must if he is not to be looked at as "second-rate Flash". Honestly, IO wouldn't mind a closed cowl as well.
    Unless he's the lead character in the ongoing "Flash" series, then he's going to be the second-rate Flash no matter what. Putting him in a nigh-identical costume, with minor differences that artists are going to frequently get wrong anyway, won't do him any favours.