Page 236 of 239 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239 LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 3576
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Yes. The fact that Wally would create a Kid Flash costume for himself is problem number one;

Yes. The fact that her needs to be told so by Barry is problem number 2.

Absolutely NO ONE said that.

They are being assholes, the costume is not the cause of it. Both are symptoms of the same problem.

What are you talking about? The assohleness of everyone else towards the fab5 generation is not a theory, it's on the page. Neither is the KF costume Wally is wearing. The reason the costume is what it is is also not a theory: this has been confirmed, ages ago, by te very guy who designed it.
    In-universe the costume has only been attached to Wally’s Flash identity. In universe nobody has disparaged Wally’s costume or indicated that they would respect him more if his costume had yellow accents and covered his hair.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    In-universe the costume has only been attached to Wally’s Flash identity. In universe nobody has disparaged Wally’s costume or indicated that they would respect him more if his costume had yellow accents and covered his hair.
    Oh for ****'s sake, are you really confused by this or just trying to be annoying? Because if it's the second option I'll just move on.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Just because you dismiss everything from The Return of Barry Allen on doesn't mean everyone else does.

And not wanting to see the character regressed to the "Flash-wannabe" stage (including his characterization during that time) is perfectly logical, especially given the primary reasons he was seen as such don't exist in the new timeline. Having Wally being treated as an incredibly poor imitation of Barry to only build up how great Barry is doesn't seem to be something Wally fans in general would be interested in.
    I’M NOT DISMISSING ANYTHING. All I did was share my personal viewpoint as a longtime Wally fan and why I kept saying `to me`. That’s all. Obviously you disagree and are outraged by this topic. I have said my peace and now I am done. Keep on raging on and enjoy your holidays.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

No, the character is just treated like a second-rate speedster with his time as the Flash completely whitewashed from continuity.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Second rate speedster is false. He is dubbed the most powerful. He is the fastest.

Astonishing Member

Oh for ****'s sake, are you really confused by this or just trying to be annoying? Because if it's the second option I'll just move on.
    I try to keep a civil and neutral tone. You previously said that you didn’t mind Wally being a secondary Flash in the real world, you only want him to be Barry’s equal within the fiction. Within the fiction no character has expressed the opinion that Wally’s costume choice makes him a lesser hero. Your issues with the costume appear to be about how the character would be viewed in the real world, rather than within the fiction.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The costume, no, but Justice League members like Aquaman did call Wally Barry's sidekick in that annual that features the League and Titans together (Wonder Woman also calls Nightwing Batman's sidekick). If the idea is to reintroduce Titans' position in the world after going missing for so long and then have the League respect them again at the end of the story, they didn't do it right and it didn't last long, especially after the later stories where Titans have to follow the League's order. These stories established how the world inside the story view them.

My prediction of the Flash Forward finale, considering its solicitation, is that Wally will make the choice to save his kids over saving the Earth and that'll set some things up for Crisis 2020. Well, dammit...

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    My prediction of the Flash Forward finale, considering its solicitation, is that Wally will make the choice to save his kids over saving the Earth and that'll set some things up for Crisis 2020. Well, dammit...
    Wally basically became a god and is heading to become a Superman figure so I'm pretty sure he will find another way to save everyone.

That being said, yes, it might cause a brand new Crisis.

We will see !

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperfectFlash View Post
    Good and I hope his decision destroys whatever abomination we currently have in the DC universe.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I try to keep a civil and neutral tone
    So do I, but you keep repeating stuff that has been addressed multiple times without even addressing what you're replying to. For instance, from the post you replied, we have:

they are being assholes, the costume is not the cause of it. Both are symptoms of the same problem

Yes, when I say that all I care about is how Wally is treated "in universe", I mean both that I don't give a **** to other media and that, in universe, I want him to be recognized as as the Flash (which he isn't), act like the Flash he always was (which he doesn't) and look like the Flash as well (which, again, he doesn't).

These are super-hero comics, and uniforms are part of the characterization: if you put Wally in a purple unicorn suit, even every other character shouts "oh my God, this purple unicorn theme is the best uniform ever" is not gonna make it so.

This is not hard to understand. This has been explained in numerous different ways thanks to you posting the same thing again and again and again regardless of what clarification you been given. You do not "sound" like a stupid person, so the only conclusion I can reach is that you're trying to deconstruct my speech by infinite annoyance and semantics discussion. It's not gonna work (something else I said way back by now).
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Wally basically became a god and is heading to become a Superman figure so I'm pretty sure he will find another way to save everyone.

That being said, yes, it might cause a brand new Crisis.

We will see !
    I hope so... As for the ending of the miniseries, DiDio teased, "There's a reveal at the end that's so important that will make Wally a very integral character in DC moving forward."

I’m just trying to be optimistic...
    Last edited by TheImperfectFlash; 12-24-2019 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Good and I hope his decision destroys whatever abomination we currently have in the DC universe.
    Ric Grayson and the Donna Who Laughs

Oh, but I sure would like to ssee him more than "every couple of years". But there are ways to do so: there are guest appearances and team books and story opportunities aplenty. Wally's scarcity and moppiness are a mandate. We know that.
    Totally. I was thinking of the 90s when it was Wally and Kyle, yet we still saw Barry and Hal in their original forms still, every 1-2 years.

If DC had published pre-Crisis miniseries in the 90s for Flash, GL, Superman and Batman, that'd have been great all around. They didn't for the very same reason DC shelved Wally with the New 52 - branding.

Now - if they did a Wally West miniseries every 1-2 years set during his prime years? That's work, provided it was good. In fact I'd be fine with that approach for just about any character. Tell good stories when they're ready, versus 20 pages of filler every month.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    No, the character is just treated like a second-rate speedster with his time as the Flash completely whitewashed from continuity.
    Agreed on the former, but to me the second just doesn't matter. Waid's Flash (followed closely by Johns' run) is just about the high water mark for 1990s DC. They're reprinting them now, and that will likely continue for years to come.

Most of DCs greatest runs have been erased, retconned or reassigned either through Crisis or the retcon era we live in. Does it make them any less? Not to me. Waid's and Johns' runs are classics. They will outlive current continuity.