Page 40 of 239 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
    Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Unfortunately, CW's Flash is not a really good place for other Speedsters.

Wally being part of Stargirl and under the protection of Geoff Johns is the best thing that could happen until DC decides to treat him with the respect he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post

Wally being part of Stargirl and under the protection of Geoff Johns is the best thing that could happen until DC decides to treat him with the respect he deserves.
    Agreed !!!

Especially with the possibility of him and Dick being friends in this universe.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Well, Geoff Johns has already said Stargirl has its own universe. And I'm really glad that Stargirl and Titans are separate for the moment.

I know Titans is really appreciated but I have big issues with the portrayal of the characters in this show.

Ultimate Member

I dunno, I think Johns is likely responsible for the 'revamp' of Hawk and Dove in Titans

Well, Geoff Johns has already said Stargirl has its own universe. And I'm really glad that Stargirl and Titans are separate for the moment.

I know Titans is really appreciated but I have big issues with the portrayal of the characters in this show.
    I wouldn't be surprised if there's lowkey continuity between the shows like there seems to be with Doom Patrol and Titans.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I enjoyed Titans well enough, but there were some decisions made in that show that I wasn't a fan of.
    It was grim & gritty simply because it could be, and Titans knowingly killing people just doesn't sit well with me either.

That said, if they introduce Wally West I'd be a happy camper!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I enjoyed Titans well enough, but there were some decisions made in that show that I wasn't a fan of.
    It was grim & gritty simply because it could be, and Titans knowingly killing people just doesn't sit well with me either.

That said, if they introduce Wally West I'd be a happy camper!
    Yeah, Titans is such a weird show. I've only seen the first couple of episodes and I've enjoyed the story so far and the cast have shown promise but the "grim and grittiness" and ultra-violence just feel tacked on for no apparent purpose. It's like there's a really good show under there; it just needs a good scrubbing to get the grime off its surface.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Yeah, Titans is such a weird show. I've only seen the first couple of episodes and I've enjoyed the story so far and the cast have shown promise but the "grim and grittiness" and ultra-violence just feel tacked on for no apparent purpose. It's like there's a really good show under there; it just needs a good scrubbing to get the grime off its surface.
    Exactly!
    I'm hoping the second season irons out those kinks.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

You know that thing that Geoff Johns doies, when he takes a character and makes him act completely OOC and then slowly he builds stuff around so the character can become a more recognizable version of him/herself? That's Dick Grayson on that show.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Lol. I like.

Wally finished his plate already so now he's eating Lindas Lady and the Tramp style. Slick, Wally.

I like how they drew Linda also.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    You know that thing that Geoff Johns doies, when he takes a character and makes him act completely OOC and then slowly he builds stuff around so the character can become a more recognizable version of him/herself? That's Dick Grayson on that show.
    Haha, I was wondering if that was going to happen. Even from these early episodes I can tell that this is the direction they're going in.

Also, I really, really like Minka Kelly's portrayal of Dove - I hope we see more of her. Hawk is a bit of a douche but, like Dawn's portrayal here, that's actually comics accurate. Weird that the Titans themselves seem a bit off but they got freakin' Hawk and Dove right, right down to their costumes. Oh, and though I really like their costumes, they only add to the cognitive dissonance of the gratuitous swearing (I have no issue with profanity in general and I'm fine with having it in the show but it comes across as way too desperate teh way it has been written so far) and bloody violence. I have to say, even if it turns out to be a car crash, I'll give Titans this: it's certainly an interesting one.

Oh, and to not totally derail things... even as it stands now, yeah, I would love to see Wally in the show. I would prefer the slightly less dickish version (Messner Loebs rather than Baron, in other words) but young adult Wally would actually fit in pretty well.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Cute .
    Haha, I was wondering if that was going to happen. Even from these early episodes I can tell that this is the direction they're going in.

Also, I really, really like Minka Kelly's portrayal of Dove - I hope we see more of her. Hawk is a bit of a douche but, like Dawn's portrayal here, that's actually comics accurate. Weird that the Titans themselves seem a bit off but they got freakin' Hawk and Dove right, right down to their costumes. Oh, and though I really like their costumes, they only add to the cognitive dissonance of the gratuitous swearing (I have no issue with profanity in general and I'm fine with having it in the show but it comes across as way too desperate teh way it has been written so far) and bloody violence. I have to say, even if it turns out to be a car crash, I'll give Titans this: it's certainly an interesting one.

Oh, and to not totally derail things... even as it stands now, yeah, I would love to see Wally in the show. I would prefer the slightly less dickish version (Messner Loebs rather than Baron, in other words) but young adult Wally would actually fit in pretty well.
    That's comic accurate too .

Ultimate Member

I dunno if I'd say that Hawk and Dove were done 'right'.

They're just people in costumes now, of course with a background of sexual or parental abuse because...reasons?

As much as I've criticized Barry Allen in the past for his characterization, live action does allow for better characterization and depth for weaker origins (depending on the actors). It feels like a needless addition, really.

Assuming that Stargirl focuses on legacy though, we might see some less angst, sexual abuse and pointless murder