Page 41 of 239 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They're just people in costumes now, of course with a background of sexual or parental abuse because...reasons?
    You know, the abuse thing does make some sense for an angry fella like Hank.

My problem is with them just being people in costumes: if your heroic identities are not passed down from an higher entity, or you haven't been bitten by a radioactive bird, or you don't fly.... who the hell would pick "Hawk and Dove" as their hero identities? Why? What were they trying to accomplish?

Siegfried and Roy, but birdier?

I've seen neither of them observing birds before.

I've seen neither brother showing a particular fondness of bird-life, at all.

Not to mention the pairing: Hawk and "Dove"? Not Hawk and Falcon, or Hawk and eagle, but Hawk and Dove? When they introduce themselves they go "Hi, I'm the Hawk and she is my food?"

They could literally name themselves "The Quarterback and the Ballerina" and seem cooler (with more practical costumes, too).

The fact that there is a Hawk and Dove because they chose to call themselves that is a serious blow on the suspension of disbelief, specially in a show with that tone.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Heroes in Crisis :

Astonishing Member

I'm sure they won't be using this moment purely to depress and upset me while further throwing Wally down a garbage chute.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Full image

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Full image
    Damn my statement didn't even last 12 hours before coming to fruition.

Incredible Member

Full image
    This doesn't even make sense, he didn't even know he had kids until Flash war. Just Iris and Linda

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    This doesn't even make sense, he didn't even know he had kids until Flash war. Just Iris and Linda
    This is going to either be a dream/vision/hologram that Barry is experiencing to make Barry feel guilty and sad about Wally.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

It is retcon. They think wally wasn't depressed enough in that moment, new52 style gritty and angst needs to be added in. By they i mean king.

Astonishing Member

It is retcon. They think wally wasn't depressed enough in that moment, new52 style gritty and angst needs to be added in. By they i mean king.
    They're definitely not retconning the conversation in that moment. It's just a dream/hologram. This is going to serve as a vehicle for Barry to blame or hate himself for what happened because that is the primary value of Wally's death, creating another vector of Angst for Barry.

BANNED

Full image
    Something tells me that we have to get Linda Park into this tale in one way or another...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Heroes in Crisis :

To quote a certain movie: “Grab your torch and pitchforks.”

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

It's clearly not a retcon. King has said many times that he coordinated with Williamson for Heroes in Crisis and its lead-in and the whole point of Williamson's Wally arc was to reveal to him that he had forgotten his kids.

Incidentally, doe sanyone else remember in the later parts of Chained Lightning that Abra Kadabra had removed Linda from the time stream to, effectively, weaken Wally by robbing him of his anchor to reality? I know he had something to do with Wally's disappearance and/ or return during DC Rebirth but I can't quite remember what because, well, Abnett's Titans just wansn't all that memorable. Do you guys think he may actually be responsible for Wally's kids and perhaps even have something to do with Heroes in Crisis? Time travel is involved somehow and Kadabra is from the 64th century, after all.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

It's 100% a retcon from DC Rebirth, Wally never asked about his family, not a single time.

https://comicnewbies.com/2016/05/26/...-west-rebirth/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It's 100% a retcon from DC Rebirth, Wally never asked about his family, not a single time.
    It's most likely Wally reliving the moment in the simulation chambers which accounts for the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

https://comicnewbies.com/2016/05/26/...-west-rebirth/
    I'd consider this an embellishment, not a retcon.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)