#favoriteconshirts ⁦@SCComicon⁩

https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/stat...22130945609729

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Scott Snyder:

HA! That's great.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Amazing Member

I think that the only outcome from D.C regarding wally will be his "legacy". probably the timeline wiil be fixed someway and people will remember him
    "Oh, the guy that went nuts and killed everyone at sanctuary was actually the flash for sometime.....Nasty"

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Scott Snyder:

Is this why Snyder writes Barry like Wally so much in JL? Well, besides the DCAU, of course .

Astonishing Member

That's the reason basically anyone and everyone does it, yes. It's not really a secret that the majority of writers at DC prefer Wally. Writer preference doesn't usually matter, though, when the editor tells you who can be on the JL and who can't.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Wally on the Justice League could have been really interesting while Barry was on his "Speed Quest". Bringing back the Timmverse relationship he had with Hawkgirl would have been really fun.

Ultimate Member

I can barely follow King's work in the best of times. Why does everyone think he's got Wally as the killer?

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I can barely follow King's work in the best of times. Why does everyone think he's got Wally as the killer?
    Every covers and rumors are literally screaming that Wally killed everyone. I still think Sanctuary’s IA is the real killer. I don’t think that showing two Wally, one with a blue glowing eye and the other with traditional green eye, is innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    That's the reason basically anyone and everyone does it, yes. It's not really a secret that the majority of writers at DC prefer Wally. Writer preference doesn't usually matter, though, when the editor tells you who can be on the JL and who can't.
    Honestly, I'd think Snyder would have enough sway to get whoever he wanted on the JL, but I guess it's probably not as clear cut as that.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, I'd think Snyder would have enough sway to get whoever he wanted on the JL, but I guess it's probably not as clear cut as that.
    king probably called dibs first.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I don't think he is. I don't think he'll be dead by the end of it but I also think his being the murderer is just a red herring. The most likely possibilities do still seem to be that one of his enemies framed him or, more likely actually, Wally's grief was such that it fried the AI, which responded by going on a murder spree.

I don't see him staying dead after they went through all the hooplah of returning him. Wally becoming a villain is more likely but still a long shot. King has expressed affection for the character and I actually don't see him as being that cynical. Does he like to mess with his audience's emotions? Oh, yeah. Very, very much so. But I do genuinely find too much humanity and warmth in his books - no matter how bleak - for him to go for something quite so tacky. I may well be proven wrong but, unlike most on this forum, I'm a gigantic Tom King fan so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt until the series ends and all the cards are on the table. I may be burned and I do actually think that HiC being an in-continuity series is, more likely than not, a real mistake but I'm going to give him the chance to prove me wrong.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I don't think he is. I don't think he'll be dead by the end of it but I also think his being the murderer is just a red herring. The most likely possibilities do still seem to be that one of his enemies framed him or, more likely actually, Wally's grief was such that it fried the AI, which responded by going on a murder spree.

I don't see him staying dead after they went through all the hooplah of returning him. Wally becoming a villain is more likely but still a long shot. King has expressed affection for the character and I actually don't see him as being that cynical. Does he like to mess with his audience's emotions? Oh, yeah. Very, very much so. But I do genuinely find too much humanity and warmth in his books - no matter how bleak - for him to go for something quite so tacky. I may well be proven wrong but, unlike most on this forum, I'm a gigantic Tom King fan so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt until the series ends and all the cards are on the table. I may be burned and I do actually think that HiC being an in-continuity series is, more likely than not, a real mistake but I'm going to give him the chance to prove me wrong.
    King expressed affection for Booster Gold. Look how that turned out

King expressed affection for Booster Gold. Look how that turned out
    Oof. Got me there.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

So, I finally got round to reading Heroes in Crisis #6 (after reading the earlier issues in one sitting - they read much, much better that way) and I actually have a fairly different take on what King is going for with Wally than most of the posts I've seen in this thread, at least. If you take a look at it on a metatextual level - and yes, that is assuming that King is working on this level in the first place - what the book is suggesting is that for all that Rebirth promised a return to "hope" and optimism for the DCU, it was done by hurting Wally West. Johns obviously didn't intend that but by returning Wally while at the same time robbing him of his wife and kids tinged the whole thing with a real sense of tragedy.

This may well end with things even bleaker than before for both Wally and the rest of the DCU but I do think that there is at least a chance that by directly addressing this, King may actually be starting a process that wlll restore much of what Wally's lost. I am obviously being incredibly optimistic and HiC may well end up being even grizzlier than Identity Crisis (though good luck with that) but I do think that the "rehabilitation" aspect of Sanctuary might actually point to a brighter rather than bleaker future for these characters.