Page 49 of 239 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
    Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Always nice to read your opinion on HiC, Ilan !

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Ditto! And if all turns out well, I'll be going back and getting the Flash War Trade while waiting for the HIC one.

Wally's grief was such that it fried the AI, which responded by going on a murder spree.
    I don't know why this makes me giggle, but it does.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Thanks, guys!

And you may giggle, Kyer, but wait until that comes to pass!
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

Wally West optimism. I remember having that. It's been so long. Still hurts to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    So, I finally got round to reading Heroes in Crisis #6 (after reading the earlier issues in one sitting - they read much, much better that way) and I actually have a fairly different take on what King is going for with Wally than most of the posts I've seen in this thread, at least. If you take a look at it on a metatextual level - and yes, that is assuming that King is working on this level in the first place - what the book is suggesting is that for all that Rebirth promised a return to "hope" and optimism for the DCU, it was done by hurting Wally West. Johns obviously didn't intend that but by returning Wally while at the same time robbing him of his wife and kids tinged the whole thing with a real sense of tragedy.

This may well end with things even bleaker than before for both Wally and the rest of the DCU but I do think that there is at least a chance that by directly addressing this, King may actually be starting a process that wlll restore much of what Wally's lost. I am obviously being incredibly optimistic and HiC may well end up being even grizzlier than Identity Crisis (though good luck with that) but I do think that the "rehabilitation" aspect of Sanctuary might actually point to a brighter rather than bleaker future for these characters.
    Kinda hard to have a Bright Future if you’re a Shock Value Corpse in the story like Roy, but I admire the optimism
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

So, I finally got round to reading Heroes in Crisis #6 (after reading the earlier issues in one sitting - they read much, much better that way) and I actually have a fairly different take on what King is going for with Wally than most of the posts I've seen in this thread, at least. If you take a look at it on a metatextual level - and yes, that is assuming that King is working on this level in the first place - what the book is suggesting is that for all that Rebirth promised a return to "hope" and optimism for the DCU, it was done by hurting Wally West. Johns obviously didn't intend that but by returning Wally while at the same time robbing him of his wife and kids tinged the whole thing with a real sense of tragedy.

This may well end with things even bleaker than before for both Wally and the rest of the DCU but I do think that there is at least a chance that by directly addressing this, King may actually be starting a process that wlll restore much of what Wally's lost. I am obviously being incredibly optimistic and HiC may well end up being even grizzlier than Identity Crisis (though good luck with that) but I do think that the "rehabilitation" aspect of Sanctuary might actually point to a brighter rather than bleaker future for these characters.
    I hope so. Optimism is what we need right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Wally West optimism. I remember having that. It's been so long. Still hurts to think about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Kinda hard to have a Bright Future if you’re a Shock Value Corpse in the story like Roy, but I admire the optimism
    Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    I hope so. Optimism is what we need right now.
    Oh, it's not easy to be optimistic but it helps that I'm a much bigger Tom King fan than most here.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Oh, it's not easy to be optimistic but it helps that I'm a much bigger Tom King fan than most here.
    I'm a huge King fan. Been singing his praises forever and believe he still hasn't reached his potential.

That said, HiC mandates are visible, the disservice it does for DC is obvious, and this story may set King's career a step back.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I'm a huge King fan. Been singing his praises forever and believe he still hasn't reached his potential.

That said, HiC mandates are visible, the disservice it does for DC is obvious, and this story may set King's career a step back.
    Yeah, this is my biggest fear as well. King I have a fair amount of faith in, Didio (certainly when it comes to Wally) not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Aw, man. Bless 'Ringo. His Flash was his earliest work so it wasn't as polished as his later stuff but, man, such energy and classic superhero optimism. He's still missed.

This kind of reminds me of Scott McDaniel as cartoony and stylized modern Superhero art.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Love 'Ringo's Flash work.
    It shouldn't work, with Wally's big exaggerated jaw and chin but it just DOES.
    I'm still gutted I'll never see any new work from him. Taken WAY too soon.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Currently reading The Flash #113.

Can't stop laughing at the idea of a city influenced in every aspect by Wally.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._QL80_TTD_.jpg

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Currently reading The Flash #113.

Can't stop laughing at the idea of a city influenced in every aspect by Wally.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...._QL80_TTD_.jpg
    I loved this issue . I finished re reading Race against time a few weeks ago and it was pretty good but this issue was my favorite. And I mean one of my favorite Wally issues in general.

If anyone asked me why Wally is so great I would point them to this issue. The humor and Wally's personality is just so fun to read. His lines and dialogue just had me smiling and laughing.

I was actually going to post about this issue weeks ago but looks like you beat me to it. Too slow I guess.

916609.jpg
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 03-19-2019 at 02:58 PM.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Incredible Member

Next Wednesday, we'll see Wally most likely revealed as the murderer. A hero who has surpassed his mentor and elevated the Flash role enough that mainstream media had confidence enough to make the Flash the next big hero. Next week we'll see him revealed as the murderer with some boring testimony that is so simple but is meant to be 'profound'.