Page 60 of 239 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was he a Jay villain...?
    Yeah. I tried to go for the most obscure Flash villain I could think of off the top of my head.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I mean, I think ultimately the point of August in some regard is that he's the opposite of everything Wally is to Barry and re-emphasizing why Barry needs someone like Wally in his life, which is when Wallace becomes the new Kid Flash.
    I don't think Godspeed and Wally have the same relationship with Barry. Godspeed is an equal and Co worker of Barry. Wally, although an equal is more like a son to Barry.

Wally Is like Nightwing to Batman. Godspeed is like Hush.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

That wasn't really my takeaway from it. August seemed a lot more secondary to Barry in the preview, but to each their own.

I don't think Williamson would ever try and pretend August is closer or knows Barry better then Wally does. That's like saying Thawne knows Barry better then Wally does when his entire perspective of Barry and the Flash mythos is colored by his obsession and hatred of The Flash.

Was he a Jay villain...?
    Barry literally said this in the comic. How August knew him before he was The Flash and knew him better than Wally and how he couldn't let Wally see him like he was back then. He was essentially saying he was ashamed of the part of his life before he was The Flash and, because of that, August knows him better. It was part of his absolutely preposterous reasoning for freeing August (as well as wanting August to murder again). That was my least favorite thing about Perfect Storm, but what you are saying would not happen has already happened. This is what Williamson wants August to be -- his permanent mark on The Flash. Someone indelible to Barry's origin and history. And it is a shame, because he is terribly written and redundant as a threat.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I hear ya. I find it annoying as well when someone takes their pet character they created and shove them everywhere and make them the new center of everything.

But I don't think Williamson has really done that yet with Godspeed. Although I agree that year one will probably see that made up in full.

Bringing this back to Wally I don't think they are in any competition. They have very different relationships and dynamics to Barry.

Now that I think about it I think it would be cool to see Wally and Godspeed interact. Maybe try to play the bad uncle and mentor and turn Wally to the dark side. Could be interesting.

Of course it'll never happen with Wally continuing to be utterly screwed with and the whole Flash family being a mess/ having no connection / being pretty much none existent.
    Wally interacting with Godspeed should amount to Wally beating the shit out of him and putting him in jail because he is a serial mass murderer who is remorseless for the murdering.
    Last edited by Dred; 04-01-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Yeah. I tried to go for the most obscure Flash villain I could think of off the top of my head.
    I remembered there being a Golden Age version but I didn't know he was a Jay villain. Cool .
    I don't think Godspeed and Wally have the same relationship with Barry. Godspeed is an equal and Co worker of Barry. Wally, although an equal is more like a son to Barry.
    Oh definitely the relationship is different. About the only thing they have in common is being former Flash partners, but August was a deliberate subversion of that role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Barry literally said this in the comic. How August knew him before he was The Flash and knew him better than Wally and how he couldn't let Wally see him like he was back then. He was essentially saying he was ashamed of the part of his life before he was The Flash and, because of that, August knows him better. It was part of his absolutely preposterous reasoning for freeing August (as well as wanting August to murder again). That was my least favorite thing about Perfect Storm, but what you are saying would not happen has already happened. This is what Williamson wants August to be -- his permanent mark on The Flash. Someone indelible to Barry's origin and history. And it is a shame, because he is terribly written and redundant as a threat.
    Yeah, Williamson's Barry felt a tad off in "Perfect Storm," especially with that stuff you mentioned.

Rag doll DEMANDS a solo series. .
    Rag Doll counts ?
    There was a terrific issue of “Times Past” in Starman where Alan Scott, Ted Knight, and Jay Garrick had to find Ragdoll to end a murder spree he was on. Highly recommend a re-read of that issue! Or read for the first time if you haven’t.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I miss moments like this...and these characters, too.

Yep, me too.
    Heck, I even miss Wally and Chunk.
    Lol.

The Flash family was awesome. The DC family that felt the most like a family.

Too bad they were wiped out in 2009.

The Flash family was awesome. The DC family that felt the most like a family.

Too bad they were wiped out in 2009.
    All of this!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Yep, me too.
    Heck, I even miss Wally and Chunk.
    Lol.
    Loved Chunk. Him and Wally had such a cool friendship .

Also the fact that he started out as a villain and Wally helped him and even turned him into a close friend is an aspect of Wally that rarely gets touched upon.

His compassion for people and his big heart.

Yeah, he's funny, mischevous, adventurous, and sometimes a goof but he's also a real hero.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post

Pet turtle named Sparks. lol.

"Flash's name is Wally West." That's right buddy.

RCO002.jpg

Lol. Chunk and Wally.