Page 63 of 239 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I've used advance search for the words "fail", "failed", "Titans" and "Rebirth", but can't find the Tweet. Did he actually use the word "fail"?
    Can't say with 100% certainty. He may have said "they thought it wouldn't work", "they weren't confident in it" or something along those lines. The meaning was pretty clear, though.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Can't say with 100% certainty. He may have said "they thought it wouldn't work", "they weren't confident in it" or something along those lines. The meaning was pretty clear, though.
    That already changes things. "X expected Y to fail" has much stronger connotations than "X wasn't confident in Y".

Spectacular Member

i think booth deletes his replies to fans. well at least he did with the reply to one of my tweets.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Truer words were never spoken .

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I don't where this came from, BUT I LOVE IT!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I don't where this came from, BUT I LOVE IT!
    The Flash #51.
    The last issue of Flash War.

Spectacular Member

after lazarus contract i'm not fond of bring up wally's heart.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    after lazarus contract i'm not fond of bring up wally's heart.
    In this case, the story is really really good

Born to Feel.

RCO001.jpg

One of my favorite issues where a flight attendant gets blown out of a plane and Wally jumps out from 1000's of feet in mid air and saves her.

So different and it was done so well.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

It's one of the best self contained, single issue stories The Flash has ever had. Just behind the likes of #0 and DCU Rebirth. Also really hammers home Wally's outlook when he's putting on the suit: Nobody Dies. It's a rule!

There was a lot of neat stuff going on in that issue. The tangent tie in to Invasion, Wally literally being hired by the FBI because there was a superhuman madman terrorist threat and Wally was the only public hero you could just...ring up and ask for help. One of my favorite things about Wally, the world was in touch with him in a way they weren't with anyone else. 90% of the dialogue in the issue was inner monologue, which is one of Wally's traits that stands out amongst most superheroes (I think only Peter Parker is really comparable, historically, in that style for a character). Just all around aces.

----

In other Wally news, or lack thereof, he continues to be completely absent in anything after HiC. Prepare for the worst.
    Last edited by Dred; 04-15-2019 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    It's one of the best self contained, single issue stories The Flash has ever had. Just behind the likes of #0 and DCU Rebirth. Also really hammers home Wally's outlook when he's putting on the suit: Nobody Dies. It's a rule!

There was a lot of neat stuff going on in that issue. The tangent tie in to Invasion, Wally literally being hired by the FBI because there was a superhuman madman terrorist threat and Wally was the only public hero you could just...ring up and ask for help. One of my favorite things about Wally, the world was in touch with him in a way they weren't with anyone else. 90% of the dialogue in the issue was inner monologue, which is one of Wally's traits that stands out amongst most superheroes (I think only Peter Parker is really comparable, historically, in that style for a character). Just all around aces.

----

In other Wally news, or lack thereof, he continues to be completely absent in anything after HiC. Prepare for the worst.
    Yeah you covered all the other cool stuff going on in that issue in depth. Lol.

Yeah. I just don't care anymore. A little over a week until the sh*t hits the fan.

RCO001.jpg

One of my favorite issues where a flight attendant gets blown out of a plane and Wally jumps out from 1000's of feet in mid air and saves her.

So different and it was done so well.
    Has Messner-Loebs run has been collected yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Has Messner-Loebs run has been collected yet?
    No. Waid's just started getting collected like a year or two ago.

Which is a shame because Messner-Loebs run was really good and really helped define Wally and had him grow and evolve.

Waid really built Wally up from him.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 04-15-2019 at 12:38 PM.