Page 77 of 239 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by LLSmoothJ View Post
    Actually I would compare Didio to be the comics equivalent to Vince Russo. Just like how Russo was rumored to be a undercover agent from WWE who sabotaged WCW from within, I'm starting to believe that Didio is an agent from Marvel trying to do the same to DC.

And yeah, I'm just about done with DC at this point.
    Bro I'm telling ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I'm holding back a lot of what I want to say, but this is certainly not the dang thread to justify ruining Wally for Barry's sake. Not after this, not after all Wally has already been forced to give up so Barry can shine.
    I don’t think this ruins Wally though. That’s my point. Break him and rebuild. Flash B goes no where fast. Barry is their main Flash, Barry personally bores me but they have made that position clear. I’m personally done fighting against that. So now I’m at the point where rather then see Wally just spin his wheels as a useless B Flash, I’m open for some out of the box, impactful, change.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-24-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I’m usually the last person who would ever say this. But I’m gonna have to say it. We need another reboot.
    It's not that simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    It wont make this go away, this only goes away when DiDio does
    Yes, but the person who replaces him must have a passion for comics. If not, he could be even worse than Didio

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I don’t think this ruins Wally though. That’s my point. Break him and rebuild. Flash B goes no where fast. Barry is their main Flash, Barry personally bores me but they have made that position clear. I’m personally done fighting against that. So now I’m at the point where rather then see Wally just spin his wheels as a useless B Flash, I’m open for some out of the box, impactful, change.
    I don't think there is any change coming. Certainly not in this series.

They have one more issue -- 20 pages -- to wrap up everything. After the last 8 issues, they aren't going to just tack on a happy ending.

Wally has already committed suicide and is just waiting for the 5 days to elapse and getting his story out there to Lois before it does.

None of Wally's motivations make any sense. If he was feeling depressed and alone because Linda no longer remembered him, then he should have taken comfort from those who DID remember him like Barry and his friends on the Titans.

I'm going with Patrick Gerard's assessment that I posted earlier that Dan DiDio is just a troll who likes pissing off fans to keep them interested.

Heroes in Crisis seems to be trending on Twitter, so he's getting the publicity he wants. We'll see if it leads to a backlash a la Nazi-Captain America.

Honestly, I didn’t hate it. It was sad, certainly tragic, but also the most high stakes and interesting thing done with Wally in a long time. Which yes, is crazy and so away from anything we have ever seen Wally done. But do you know what, I’m ok with that. Things with Wally need to be different if he’s going to coexist with Barry.
    Not sure if I've ever disagreed with you more. Sabotaging a character to this degree just so they can coexist with another character is completely lost on me. I'd rather they just not use the character than use him this poorly.

Astonishing Member

Buddy, this is not the place. It is the Wally Appreciation Thread. Not the Wally should kill himself and change everything about who he is and what he represents so that Barry can stand out more thread. Supporting ruining Wally is the literal opposite of supporting Wally

Buddy, this is not the place. It is the Wally Appreciation Thread. Not the Wally should kill himself and change everything about who he is and what he represents so that Barry can stand out more thread. Supporting ruining Wally is the literal opposite of supporting Wally
    This. King’s Version has more in common with Nick- The Vessel of Lucifer on Supernatural- than Wally
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

This just shows how big of a mistake it was for Wally to remember his family, but not have them around.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Not sure if I've ever disagreed with you more. Sabotaging a character to this degree just so they can coexist with another character is completely lost on me. I'd rather they just not use the character than use him this poorly.
    Well I don’t think they they are purposely sabotaging Wally. If someone said let’s burn Bludhaven to the ground so Nightwing can’t go back there and has to do something else, you’d probably light the first match. Barry is not going anywhere, they have invested too much in him at this point, its Wally that is going to have to change for his own befit.

Again your missing the the point, it’s not that so Barry can stand out more but so that Wally can. Barry is not the one that gets the short end of the stick in this Flash A Flash B situation. So ya, why not break Wally and then try something different. Even if it’s sad, painful, and extreme. What that hell are we clinging onto here as Wally fans.

Astonishing Member

Nothing is way, way better than this. Why eat garbage when you can refuse to eat? Why frame it as changing wally utterly because of Barry? This is not the place to talk about how Wally shouldn't be Wally.

Stop regurgitating this idea that the best course of action is to make another character and slap Wally West on it. We went through this in the new 52.

Fantastic Member

Again your missing the the point, it’s not that so Barry can stand out more but so that Wally can. Barry is not the one that gets the short end of the stick in this Flash A Flash B situation. So ya, why not break Wally and then try something different. Even if it’s sad, painful, and extreme. What that hell are we clinging onto here as Wally fans.
    If the choices are do nothing or break his character, I'd gladly take the former every time.

Well that sounds boring.

Astonishing Member

Boring is better than misery and ****.

I don't know about that, not in this medium at least.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 04-24-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    If he was feeling depressed and alone because Linda no longer remembered him, then he should have taken comfort from those who DID remember him like Barry and his friends on the Titans.
    I think that's a bit unfair. Obviously I don't know if you are a parent or whatever, but he didn't just go through a breakup and get ghosted by his ex.

His family was completely wiped out of existence, and the person he built that family with doesn't remember him at all.

That would be utterly crushing, and expecting someone to just talk about it with some buddies doesn't seem viable.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum