Page 83 of 239 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'm calling BS on all of what happened in HiC. This can't be really Wally, he's too experienced at this point to even "accidentally" cause something like that, let alone try to cover his tracks OR frame someone else for it. Haven't we read enough stories where heroes appear to do terrible things in some big event story and then in the very last issue it turns out to not be the case. We went through that with Secret Empire not too long ago, did fans not learn anything from that event. That wasn't the "real" Steve Rogers and I'm thinking this wasn't the "real" Wally West either.
    I really hope you're right. Wally isn't as important to DC as Steve is to Marvel though.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    I'm only reading this Doomsday Clock and The Green Lantern, so I wasn't aware of all of the tie in-stuff.

The biggest thing they need to do to salvage his character is have him erase the cover-up.

Heroes come back all the time, so that part is an easy fix, and the deaths were accidental, so in theory the returned might forgive him that.
    Erasing the cover-up would pretty much invalidate the whole mystery and make the deaths and Wally's guilt the only things remaining of the story. I doubt we're going to see that.

Honestly I think the biggest mistake was that they made this a murder mystery in the first place. What's been good about the series has been seeing the characters' talking about their problems and trying to deal with them. All the flashback scenes to how they were handling their crises have been interesting, the other parts not so much. Had King stuck with that I think we could have had a much stronger series. Hell, we could even have had the deaths in the first issue and then have the rest of the series be scenes that led up to the deaths with the final issue dealing with the aftermath. We would still have four characters Wally, Booster, Harley and Ivy who weren't shown among the dead in issue 1 so the mystery could still be there for the readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'm calling BS on all of what happened in HiC. This can't be really Wally, he's too experienced at this point to even "accidentally" cause something like that, let alone try to cover his tracks OR frame someone else for it. Haven't we read enough stories where heroes appear to do terrible things in some big event story and then in the very last issue it turns out to not be the case. We went through that with Secret Empire not too long ago, did fans not learn anything from that event. That wasn't the "real" Steve Rogers and I'm thinking this wasn't the "real" Wally West either.
    Actually, in Secret Empire, the Hydra-Steve WAS the real Steve Rogers. The one that's Captain America now was created by the Cosmic Cube.

Marvel just tries to have it both ways. At the outset, readers were assured that Hydra Steve was NOT a fakeout, but with all the backlash they did a pretend walkback about it and treat Cube-Steve as if he is and has always been the real one.

It's sort of the nonsense they do with Jean Grey where they treat her as though she both is and is not the Phoenix that died in Uncanny X-Men #137.

Anyway, as far as Wally is concerned, the confession issue really gets into the character's head enough that I can't imagine that could have been anyone else but the real Wally. There are too many details that only Wally would know such as the fact that he had kids in the pre-Flashpoint reality.
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 04-25-2019 at 07:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Actually, in Secret Empire, the Hydra-Steve WAS the real Steve Rogers. The one that's Captain America now was created by the Cosmic Cube.

Marvel just tries to have it both ways. At the outset, readers were assured that Hydra Steve was NOT a fakeout, but with all the backlash they did a pretend walkback about it and treat Cube-Steve as if he is and has always been the real one.

It's sort of the nonsense they do with Jean Grey where they treat her as though she both is and is not the Phoenix that died in Uncanny X-Men #137.

Anyway, as far as Wally is concerned, the confession issue really gets into the character's head enough that I can't imagine that could have been anyone else but the real Wally. There are too many details that only Wally would know such as the fact that he had kids in the pre-Flashpoint reality.
    Unless they retcon it and say the Wally we've been following since Rebirth only thought he was the real Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    Erasing the cover-up would pretty much invalidate the whole mystery and make the deaths and Wally's guilt the only things remaining of the story. I doubt we're going to see that.

Honestly I think the biggest mistake was that they made this a murder mystery in the first place. What's been good about the series has been seeing the characters' talking about their problems and trying to deal with them. All the flashback scenes to how they were handling their crises have been interesting, the other parts not so much. Had King stuck with that I think we could have had a much stronger series. Hell, we could even have had the deaths in the first issue and then have the rest of the series be scenes that led up to the deaths with the final issue dealing with the aftermath. We would still have four characters Wally, Booster, Harley and Ivy who weren't shown among the dead in issue 1 so the mystery could still be there for the readers.
    I think the story would have been much better if they had stuck with the premise of heroes exploring PTSD through therapy and not made it a violent murder mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the story would have been much better if they had stuck with the premise of heroes exploring PTSD through therapy and not made it a violent murder mystery.
    I agree.
    Now it just comes across as tacky.
    The potential story in that is wasted.
    It would've been best served, IMO, in a Vertigo or Young Animal comic that can go all 'slice of life' without having to hang it on a superhero conflict.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post

Ben Reilly had all of Peter Parker's memories too. And we all know the editorial mess that was.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    Unless they retcon it and say the Wally we've been following since Rebirth only thought he was the real Wally.
    Let’s pretend the real Wally got lost in Hypertime/Speed Force at the end of Flash War and Walter West took his place.

Ultimate Member

Well, at least they killed all the heroes that sought help for mental treatment. That counts for something, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Let’s pretend the real Wally got lost in Hypertime/Speed Force at the end of Flash War and Walter West took his place.
    Heh. I just wrote about Walter West in one of the other threads thinking it was a fun little wink at a past long gone, and then I open this thread to see his name. And here I thought I was thinking outside the box

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Thank you WallyWestFan, it is truly hilarious x)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenzel Kim View Post
    Heh. I just wrote about Walter West in one of the other threads thinking it was a fun little wink at a past long gone, and then I open this thread to see his name. And here I thought I was thinking outside the box

Brett Booth joined the fight :

https://twitter.com/Demonpuppy/statu...70847661875200

Love this guy.

Astonishing Member

King wasted a good concept and it will be a long time before we see an actual comic about heroes overcoming PTSD through therapy. DC will blame the fans for 'not getting the story' or the concept instead of the execution.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Brett Booth joined the fight :

https://twitter.com/Demonpuppy/statu...70847661875200

Love this guy.
    Um... what was he supposed to be talking about? 'Cause when I clicked on the link they were discussing some mental delinquents posting death threats to King. Which, is totally not cool.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)