Page 92 of 239 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    HA!! I'd LOVE to see Bart travel back to interact with 'playboy' Wally! THAT would be a fun read and a great way to play the characters off one another.
    I really think that Wally has some of the best character development in comics. There are eras to different personalities, while probably not planed it makes him come across as growing through the ages.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Waid originally imagined Bart as young, rambunctious Wally but even moreso. He always wrote them like two brothers who act like they hate each other because they're so alike. But even he kind of got away from that and played into Bart's funnier, obviously more impulsive side of things. Bart would probably just call him an idiot or a jerk and run off because playboy Wally wasn't near the speedster Waid Wally was.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

2019-05-05 10.05.51.jpg

2019-05-05 10.06.43.jpg

StI'll my favorite Wally suit.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Loved the teaming up between Wally and Barry during Blackest Night.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Loved the teaming up between Wally and Barry during Blackest Night.
    It was cool. And we got Bart in there too. Just add Jay in there and would have been amazing. Four Flash generations together at once.

Back right before New 52 when things still looked promising for the Flash franchise.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    It was cool. And we got Bart in there too. Just add Jay in there and would have been amazing. Four Flash generations together at once.

Back right before New 52 when things still looked promising for the Flash franchise.
    Would have loved to see that but Jay was tied up with the JSA mini during blackest night. Blackest Night was probably my last favorite DC event and then like you said things went to **** from there
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    HA!! I'd LOVE to see Bart travel back to interact with 'playboy' Wally! THAT would be a fun read and a great way to play the characters off one another.
    This reminds me of the sins of youth event in JLA and YJ where Wally became a kid again and Bart became the adult. It was a fun read. I should really re read it. It's been awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Would have loved to see that but Jay was tied up with the JSA mini during blackest night. Blackest Night was probably my last favorite DC event and then like you said things went to **** from there
    I guess I'll get to that when I read Johns JSA. Been meaning to get to that forever already.

Blackest night was really good. And the last great event before DC went on the road to its death.

This reminds me of the sins of youth event in JLA and YJ where Wally became a kid again and Bart became the adult. It was a fun read. I should really re read it. It's been awhile.

I guess I'll get to that when I read Johns JSA. Been meaning to get to that forever already.

Blackest night was really good. And the last great event before DC went on the road to its death.
    It’s so good! You’ll love it! It’s in my top 3 DC runs.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

Nightwing New Order was the best Titans book since Wolfman, imo. The only comic that ever treated that generation like adults.

Taking the wrong lessons from Barry with that costume .

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Nrama: In Heroes in Crisis, it was revealed that Wally is going through something pretty important and bad. Will your book be dealing with that after “Year One"?

Williamson: Oh, I can’t say anything yet.

I think we’re close to some stuff. I think in the next month, there will be more information that people can get excited about, but I can’t talk about that yet.
    Well, we just have to wait a few weeks to see what’s coming for Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Nightwing New Order was the best Titans book since Wolfman, imo. The only comic that ever treated that generation like adults.
    I loved this series. Dont usually like heroes becoming bad stories but this was done very well.

The Titans got a great showing here. Liked Wallys suit in here . Lois was also really cool as a Blue Lantern.

Would love to see a sequel to this.

More shitting on him no doubt.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

You know, I've been thinking, and I kind of feel that the one person who could actually save Wally West is Brian Bendis. With Wonder Comics, he has been allowed to do his own thing, usually with long-neglected characters, and though they're in-continuity, they're not as subject to the whims of what's going on with the rest of the DCU at any point. Plus, I know many hate his work but I think he is a natural fit for the character, both personality-wise and that he is good at solo books with well developed supporting casts. Just imagine, a Wonder Comics Flash Family book by Bendis and Lee Weeks, starring Wally, Linda and the kids (though the latter should be depowered, at least at first) backed up by Impulse, Jesse Quick, Jay Garrick, Max Mercury, even XS. Have the Wally in HiC revealed as a time remnant or whatever, have the "real" Wally come back with his classic shiny suit and at a point in his life where Geoff Johns left him at the end of his run (married with twin kids - though maybe toddlers, rather than babies) and, bam, Bendis could pick up from when things were last truly good for the character. It doesn't have to be Bendis, of course, but Wonder Comics seems like the most natural home for Wally West at this point in time.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Well, Williamson sounds optimistic, if nothing else...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    You know, I've been thinking, and I kind of feel that the one person who could actually save Wally West is Brian Bendis. With Wonder Comics, he has been allowed to do his own thing, usually with long-neglected characters, and though they're in-continuity, they're not as subject to the whims of what's going on with the rest of the DCU at any point. Plus, I know many hate his work but I think he is a natural fit for the character, both personality-wise and that he is good at solo books with well developed supporting casts. Just imagine, a Wonder Comics Flash Family book by Bendis and Lee Weeks, starring Wally, Linda and the kids (though the latter should be depowered, at least at first) backed up by Impulse, Jesse Quick, Jay Garrick, Max Mercury, even XS. Have the Wally in HiC revealed as a time remnant or whatever, have the "real" Wally come back with his classic shiny suit and at a point in his life where Geoff Johns left him at the end of his run (married with twin kids - though maybe toddlers, rather than babies) and, bam, Bendis could pick up from when things were last truly good for the character. It doesn't have to be Bendis, of course, but Wonder Comics seems like the most natural home for Wally West at this point in time.
    I think he basically wrote Barry as Wally in Flash's appearance in his Superman run (and even made a joke about it thanks to a coloring error), so I wouldn't rule it out.

Then again, if Snyder prefers Wally and couldn't do anything with him (since you would think he would've wanted DCAU Flash instead of Barry on his League roster), I'm not sure if even Bendis has the kind of pull to help Wally.