Page 99 of 239 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3576

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Maybe Wally could be a gym instructer for the Police academy or something but I think the best fit for Wally would be working as a cop or for the police in some way that fits his personality like Barry as a forensic scientist.
    That actually would be an interesting dynamic where Wally brings them in and Barry process the evidence to secure a conviction.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Maybe Wally could be a gym instructer for the Police academy or something but I think the best fit for Wally would be working as a cop or for the police in some way that fits his personality like Barry as a forensic scientist.
    Pls, no. I get enough cops on real life.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

While his lack of employment was a bit of an issue during the Waid years, it was actually dealt with quite a bit by Messner-Loebs and by Giffen/ Dematteis/ Jones/ Messner-Loebs in Justice League Europe. Being part of the UN-funded JLI gave him a monthly salary, as I recall, (and that might actually have applied in the first few years of Waid's run too as he was still an active member of the JLE) and prior to that, he inherited quite a bit of money and then went through a period of being almost entirely broke as well.

I've always loved that Wally has basically been a full-time superhero since he was a kid but I do think that the main story potential of his having kids would have to do with a full-time superhero needing to come to terms with the more mundane realities of fatherhood and needing to provide (or co-provide) for his family. It was a logical next step for the character that was, sadly, completely wasted.

I don't particularly mind that Johns gave him a profession and mechanic is about as good as any but I do think it was a wee bit too early. Though that, of course, is complicated by the tragedy that became a part of his story after Zoom killed his unborn children - which may have been undone by the end of his run but I still really dislike how Johns always leans into the tragedy angle for characters who really didn't need it.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    I don't particularly mind that Johns gave him a profession and mechanic is about as good as any but I do think it was a wee bit too early. Though that, of course, is complicated by the tragedy that became a part of his story after Zoom killed his unborn children - which may have been undone by the end of his run but I still really dislike how Johns always leans into the tragedy angle for characters who really didn't need it.
    Compared to other characters I don't think it was as big of an issue, especially since Wally acts as a repudiation of the idea of tragedy defining a hero.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That actually would be an interesting dynamic where Wally brings them in and Barry process the evidence to secure a conviction.
    That would be awesome. They would work together not just when theyre in costume. Wally is the more hands on as well so it works.

Compared to other characters I don't think it was as big of an issue, especially since Wally acts as a repudiation of the idea of tragedy defining a hero.
    That is true but I feel like Johns run in general took out a lot of the fun that was infused in Wallys Flash run throughout. There were intense moments like when he was killed by Grodd or being sued by the fire victim but he always had his personality and it didn't seem as intense.

With Johns it just seemed a lot more serious and somber.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

That is true but I feel like Johns run in general took out a lot of the fun that was infused in Wallys Flash run throughout. There were intense moments like when he was killed by Grodd or being sued by the fire victim but he always had his personality and it didn't seem as intense.

With Johns it just seemed a lot more serious and somber.
    I definitely think there was still some levity in there, but compared to past Wally runs it was probably a little more serious and somber.

I didn't mind it, but to each their own.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Smiling Flashes...feels like a rarity these days .

Well, aside from Bart .

Smiling Flashes...feels like a rarity these days .

Well, aside from Bart .
    I know. The Didio affect.

Bart is doing pretty well actually. He has his name, his costume, his personality. And hes not a suicidal murderer which is always good.

The one thing in the Flash family to be happy about.

Why isn't there an appreciation thread for him? Now would be a great time for it since he's in a pretty good place.

Bart is doing pretty well actually. He has his name, his costume, his personality. And hes not a suicidal murderer which is always good.

Why isn't there an appreciation thread for him? Now would be a great time for it since he's in a pretty good place.
    He used to have one before we had to start new threads at the beginning of the year.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Yet. The Name That Shall Not Be Spoken (B-T) is possibly still out there. Who came up with that bit of offal, anyway?

Oh, and if they do make Bart a homicidal maniac they will likely blame Wally for having influenced or some other kind of garbage.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Much to my surprise, Bendis does seem to write a good Bart!
    Granted, I haven't read much of his stuff (Torso and Powers) but he didn't strike me as a guy who could write such a character convincingly.
    I'd like to see him write a flashback with Bart & Wally and see how he tackles that dynamic.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

If anyone wants to read Wally West go pick up the last two issues of Snyder's JL because jeez louise it's about as bad as Johns' run for just pasting Barry's name on Wally's place in the JL. It's downright egregious, almost amusingly so.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    If anyone wants to read Wally West go pick up the last two issues of Snyder's JL because jeez louise it's about as bad as Johns' run for just pasting Barry's name on Wally's place in the JL. It's downright egregious, almost amusingly so.
    I haven't read Snyder's Justice League, but this isn't the first time I've heard people say he straight up writes Barry as Wally.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

He literally says how he has a bunch of quips and loves to quip.