Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 136 to 149 of 149
  1. #136
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Attachment 80297

    Sword of the Atom from Brave and Bold
    Now I wanna go rewatch that episode.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  2. #137
    Astonishing Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Attachment 80297

    Sword of the Atom from Brave and Bold
    coll, and what's even cooler is ray's hair.

  3. #138
    Astonishing Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,629

    Default


  4. #139
    Incredible Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    927

    Default

    I've seen a couple references to Ray and Jean having a child in New 52. I read The Atom Rebirth issue where Ray mentioned an alimony check to Jean, but don't recall any reference to a child there (apologies if I missed it). I read a few issues of Agents of S.H.A.D.E., but it didn't work for me. Don't think I've read anything else with Ray since New 52. In which book/issue is the child mentioned?


    My first exposure to the Atom was in '70s era Justice League of America comics (read fairly recently for the first time). Also read some of the Atom comics and Hawkman comics and Atom and Hawkman comics. I liked that friendship. And, while I don't recall any personal closeness, I like Atom riding arrows fired by GA. Seemed like Jean's affair came out of nowhere, to service the plot, rather than being built up to (presumably because he didn't have a series then, though I may have missed a relevant issue before that that indicated marital problems or infidelity on the horizon). Have only read scattered appearances of him, really since Crisis.

    Not really a big fan of the microverse concept.

    No interest in reading him in Suicide Squad or as a teenager, but can anyone tell me if Power of the Atom is any good?

    EDIT: Also, Ray and Barry's practical-v-theoretical science rivalry never made any sense to me, and didn't really seem too in-character for Barry's earlier self - less certain after Iris' death.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-25-2019 at 10:23 AM.

  5. #140
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I've seen a couple references to Ray and Jean having a child in New 52. I read The Atom Rebirth issue where Ray mentioned an alimony check to Jean, but don't recall any reference to a child there (apologies if I missed it). I read a few issues of Agents of S.H.A.D.E., but it didn't work for me. Don't think I've read anything else with Ray since New 52. In which book/issue is the child mentioned?


    My first exposure to the Atom was in '70s era Justice League of America comics (read fairly recently for the first time). Also read some of the Atom comics and Hawkman comics and Atom and Hawkman comics. I liked that friendship. And, while I don't recall any personal closeness, I like Atom riding arrows fired by GA. Seemed like Jean's affair came out of nowhere, to service the plot, rather than being built up to (presumably because he didn't have a series then, though I may have missed a relevant issue before that that indicated marital problems or infidelity on the horizon). Have only read scattered appearances of him, really since Crisis.

    Not really a big fan of the microverse concept.

    No interest in reading him in Suicide Squad or as a teenager, but can anyone tell me if Power of the Atom is any good?

    EDIT: Also, Ray and Barry's practical-v-theoretical science rivalry never made any sense to me, and didn't really seem too in-character for Barry's earlier self - less certain after Iris' death.
    I enjoyed Power of The Atom. You can probably find most of them in a dollar bin. When you finish that there are two one shot specials that lead to zero hour. Then check out Teen Titans by Dan Jurgens. All of them are fun reads and made me love Ray Palmer.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, & Ant-Man (Scott Lang).

    Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Guardians of The Galaxy, Absolute Carnage, Justice League, & Shazam!

  6. #141
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,827

    Default


    from DCU Heroes Secret Files #1 (February 1999)

  7. #142
    Incredible Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    927

    Default

    Hmm, I seem to recall him being referred to as 6'0" in comics. Still, not like his weight. That one's repeated so often, I don't think he's allowed to gain or lose any weight.

  8. #143
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Hmm, I seem to recall him being referred to as 6'0" in comics. Still, not like his weight. That one's repeated so often, I don't think he's allowed to gain or lose any weight.
    Must be all the shrinking .

  9. #144
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Must be all the shrinking .
    Keeps him in great shape.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  10. #145
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,851

    Default

    Sigh........ like many of my favorite DC characters.......... not being used at all
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, & Ant-Man (Scott Lang).

    Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Guardians of The Galaxy, Absolute Carnage, Justice League, & Shazam!

  11. #146
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    19,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Sigh........ like many of my favorite DC characters.......... not being used at all
    At least "not being used at all" is better than some of the ways certain characters have been (ab)"used" these days.

  12. #147
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    At least "not being used at all" is better than some of the ways certain characters have been (ab)"used" these days.
    Very true!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Doctor Strange, & Ant-Man (Scott Lang).

    Current Pulls: Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Guardians of The Galaxy, Absolute Carnage, Justice League, & Shazam!

  13. #148
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Sigh........ like many of my favorite DC characters.......... not being used at all
    At least I think he's still active as The Atom instead of it just being 100% Ryan, like I think Orlando was setting up in his JLA run.

  14. #149
    Astonishing Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,629

    Default


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •