Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default The Atom (Ray Palmer) Appreciation 2019

Here’s to hoping a decent writer figures out how to use Ray in 2019!
    10D91CE9-2DCF-4C7A-A3CA-7CB6EB96C954.jpg
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Lol. Nicely put. Although I don't think it should be that hard. But it's current DC so...
    Also, appropriate image.

It was nice to have Atom in Hawkman and Superman the last two months. Although briefly. And drawn by Reis and Hitch no less.

I'm reading the silver age JLA now and they use him pretty well in there. He definitely adds more than Green Arrow or even Batman.

Looking forward to see how they use him further on in the series and into the satalite years.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Lol. Nicely put. Although I don't think it should be that hard. But it's current DC so...
    Also, appropriate image.

It was nice to have Atom in Hawkman and Superman the last two months. Although briefly. And drawn by Reis and Hitch no less.

I'm reading the silver age JLA now and they use him pretty well in there. He definitely adds more than Green Arrow or even Batman.

Looking forward to see how they use him further on in the series and into the satalite years.
    Yes sir! He had some great stuff in the silver age through the 80s and into the 90s .......and then DC pretty much decided to stop using him. I even enjoyed the micro verse story from JLA Rebirth I think it was back in February and March.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Yes sir! He had some great stuff in the silver age through the 80s and into the 90s .......and then DC pretty much decided to stop using him. I even enjoyed the micro verse story from JLA Rebirth I think it was back in February and March.
    He is definitely a top tier hero. Maybe not on Superman and Batman level, or even Green Lantern or Flash. More on the level of Hawkman and Martian Manhunter but still up there.

So makes sense DC was using him as they did all their top heroes in some way or another back then. Once they brought in Choi in the 00's then I guess they were trying to push him more.

I didn't read the micro verse story in JLA. I flipped through it and it seemed to me that even though Ray was there he wasnt in the spotlight so I didnt bother with it.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

He is definitely a top tier hero. Maybe not on Superman and Batman level, or even Green Lantern or Flash. More on the level of Hawkman and Martian Manhunter but still up there.

So makes sense DC was using him as they did all their top heroes in some way or another back then. Once they brought in Choi in the 00's then I guess they were trying to push him more.

I didn't read the micro verse story in JLA. I flipped through it and it seemed to me that even though Ray was there he wasnt in the spotlight so I didnt bother with it.
    I want to say it was issues 15 and 16....don’t quote me on that but there were two issues that were purely Ray Palmer..... which was the only reason I purchased them. They explained why he was in the microverse and how he got there, etc. They were actually pretty good! Then of course they just left him there and forgot all about him, until Carter showed up in Hawkman.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Boisterously Confused

The Atom is one of my faves. An art team can have so much fun with him. I'd really like to see him come back!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Hawkman and the Atom!

Or, Bumblebee and the Atom!

Happy New Year...courtesy of Ray Palmer .

(And Ryan too ).

I want to say it was issues 15 and 16....don’t quote me on that but there were two issues that were purely Ray Palmer..... which was the only reason I purchased them. They explained why he was in the microverse and how he got there, etc. They were actually pretty good! Then of course they just left him there and forgot all about him, until Carter showed up in Hawkman.
    Maybe I'll check it out then. It looked like it had good art also.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Happy New Year...courtesy of Ray Palmer .

(And Ryan too ).
    That's PROFESSOR Ray Palmer to you.

Also since this is the beginning of the appreciation thread there should be some cool pics of the hero.
    brandon-routh-arrow-the-atom.jpg

"It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I think when people think of major League members past the Big Seven, Atom is probably pretty high up there.

If not for Ant-Man getting his own movie I would say he was probably one of the more famous size-changing Superheroes.

I think when people think of major League members past the Big Seven, Atom is probably pretty high up there.

If not for Ant-Man getting his own movie I would say he was probably one of the more famous size-changing Superheroes.

It’s to bad the arrowverse has handled Ray so poorly.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

It’s to bad the arrowverse has handled Ray so poorly.
    Well he was originally meant to be Ted.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I would probably say THE most famous size changing hero. I mean there's not much competition. Maybe Dollman?

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Well he was originally meant to be Ted.
    Really?? Wow. This makes so much more sense now.

It's too bad. The character they are writing would have been a so in character Ted and great exposure for him. Instead we have no Ted and an ooc Ray Palmer. Good job.