Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Technically the first Atom was the Golden Age Atom, Al Pratt.

Ray Palmer was the Silver Age Atom ala Hal Jordan Green Lantern and Barry Allen Flash, and he's the one who coined the Atom's iconic costume and size-changing gimmick.

Ryan Choi is the third Atom who succeeded Ray.
    To piggy back: The only thing that Al Pratt and Ray Palmer have in common is the name of , The Atom. Their power sets are completely different.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Technically the first Atom was the Golden Age Atom, Al Pratt.

Ray Palmer was the Silver Age Atom ala Hal Jordan Green Lantern and Barry Allen Flash, and he's the one who coined the Atom's iconic costume and size-changing gimmick.
    Okay, that's new. I didn't know that.

Apparently, Al Pratt issue isn't in Comixology yet, so no wonde...

Wait, hang on. You mean, the one in the Justice Society is Al Pratt?

311409._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Okay, that's new. I didn't know that.

Apparently, Al Pratt issue isn't in Comixology yet, so no wonde...

Wait, hang on. You mean, the one in the Justice Society is Al Pratt?

311409._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg
    Yes. Ray Palmer Atom wasn't created until the early 60s with the rest of the silver age heroes.

Everything up until then was AL Pratt.

Also while we're on the topic want to mention Atom Smasher, Al Pratts son, another member of the Atom family.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Yes. Ray Palmer Atom wasn't created until the early 60s with the rest of the silver age heroes.

Also while we're on the topic want to mention Atom Smasher, Al Pratts son, another member of the Atom family.
    What did he do, kill his dad or just a rebel? ^^

Mind blown about the Pratts. I haven't picked up JSA and they never mentioned his real name on the preview pages, so I always assumed it was Palmer.

What did he do, kill his dad or just a rebel? ^^

Mind blown about the Pratts. I haven't picked up JSA and they never mentioned his real name on the preview pages, so I always assumed it was Palmer.
    Lol. Not that I know of . Atom Smasher, real name Al Rothstein was part of Infinitey inc. The kids/replacements for the JSA. His power was he could grow big and was really strong. Think he was introduced in the 80s. Maybe late 70s.

I think he was ok. Rocked a Mohawk for a bit. I think he may have gone through a phase in the 90s but I don't think he ever went full on dark side or anything. I think he was part of the JL right before the Morrison run in the 90s as well.

No Al Pratt and Ray Palmer were two totally different generations. And have little in common as the rest of the JSA to the JLA.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Boisterously Confused

Al Rothstein aka Nuklon aka Atom Smasher was Al Pratt's godson, not his biological offspring. Pratt and Firebrand jointly took responsibility for a Cyclotron (Terry Curtis, a minor tragic villain)'s irradiated daughter, and she was Rothstein's mother.

All of this was not exactly a retcon, but added history. Al Pratt debuted in 1940 in All-American Comics, and as far as I know, never had a family of any sort during his original 10-year run. Firebrand, Cyclotron, Mama Rothstein, and Nuklon were all introduced in the early 1980s in Roy Thomas' All-Star Squadron, which set its stories during WWII. Those stories were integrated into the published history of the old Earth-2, and later, the revised history of the Post-Crisis DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Al Rothstein aka Nuklon aka Atom Smasher was Al Pratt's godson, not his biological offspring. Pratt and Firebrand jointly took responsibility for a Cyclotron (Terry Curtis, a minor tragic villain)'s irradiated daughter, and she was Rothstein's mother.

All of this was not exactly a retcon, but added history. Al Pratt debuted in 1940 in All-American Comics, and as far as I know, never had a family of any sort during his original 10-year run. Firebrand, Cyclotron, Mama Rothstein, and Nuklon were all introduced in the early 1980s in Roy Thomas' All-Star Squadron, which set its stories during WWII. Those stories were integrated into the published history of the old Earth-2, and later, the revised history of the Post-Crisis DCU.
    Yes, your right. Thanks for all that.it's been awhile since I read those.

Atom really has a cool extended family. Would be cool if they brought them all together even for just a story line.

So there's Al Pratt. Golden age Atom. Ray Palmer. THE Atom. Silver age. Al Rothstein Nuklon/ Atom Smasher .Second Gen JSA. Ryan Choi. Second Gen JLA. And then there's Damage as well. Grant. Isent he the real son of Al Pratt?

Johns do your thing.

I think he was ok. Rocked a Mohawk for a bit. I think he may have gone through a phase in the 90s but I don't think he ever went full on dark side or anything. I think he was part of the JL right before the Morrison run in the 90s as well.
    Wait, wasn't JSA Earth-2... or was this during that time in Post Crisis where the JSA exist in the main earth? ... or is this Al Rothstein of Post Crisis, a reboot that has nothing to do with golden age?

Wait, wasn't JSA Earth-2... or was this during that time in Post Crisis where the JSA exist in the main earth? ... or is this Al Rothstein of Post Crisis, a reboot that has nothing to do with golden age?
    This is post crisis where JSA was on the same earth.

Yes, your right. Thanks for all that.it's been awhile since I read those.

Atom really has a cool extended family. Would be cool if they brought them all together even for just a story line.

So there's Al Pratt. Golden age Atom. Ray Palmer. THE Atom. Silver age. Al Rothstein Nuklon/ Atom Smasher .Second Gen JSA. Ryan Choi. Second Gen JLA. And then there's Damage as well. Grant. Isent he the real son of Al Pratt?

Johns do your thing.
    I really want to see all the Atom characters together. And yeah Grant is Al's son.

If you look at the family tree of the Atom character it spreads pretty far and wide.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I really want to see all the Atom characters together. And yeah Grant is Al's son.

If you look at the family tree of the Atom character it spreads pretty far and wide.
    a_header.jpg

Atom_(Ray_Palmer).jpg

atomma.jpg

Damage_(superhero).jpg

atomr.jpg

Did I miss anyone?

Dr. Polaris is Grant's uncle.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Dr. Polaris is Grant's uncle.
    Lol. Really??

Lol. Really??
    Yeah I know, why is this not a bigger thing?