Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Considering how costly the Atom live-action suit is, a more traditional Atom probably would have been cheaper anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering how costly the Atom live-action suit is, a more traditional Atom probably would have been cheaper anyways...
    Yes sir! He didn’t need an iron man suit.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Yes sir! He didn’t need an iron man suit.
    Yeah and it's not like they really go together, shrinking and high tech suit, or have any relation. Now that I know it was supposed to be Blue Beetle it makes sense.

It would actually have worked really well. Utilizing Ted's smarts to make a suit rather than just a good fighter. I think that they went with the suit and the tech because it's kind of similar to the new 52 design they had at the time. So maybe they were trying to push that awfulness as well.

I'm just glad they kept the shrinking. It does look pretty cool.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I would probably say THE most famous size changing hero. I mean there's not much competition. Maybe Dollman?

Really?? Wow. This makes so much more sense now.

It's too bad. The character they are writing would have been a so in character Ted and great exposure for him. Instead we have no Ted and an ooc Ray Palmer. Good job.
    I would say Bumblebee and Wasp are in the top 5 of size changing heroes.

Yeah they were going to use Ted but then Berlanti started a Blue & Gold script that has been in development hell since what Arrow season 2 or 3? I think. They started teasing Kord Industries and stuff too before.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Yeah and it's not like they really go together, shrinking and high tech suit, or have any relation. Now that I know it was supposed to be Blue Beetle it makes sense.

It would actually have worked really well. Utilizing Ted's smarts to make a suit rather than just a good fighter. I think that they went with the suit and the tech because it's kind of similar to the new 52 design they had at the time. So maybe they were trying to push that awfulness as well.

The Arrowverse version of Ray is so powerful it's unreal to me. Not saying he's at all weak but he had such a power buff for the show. He goes from size manipulation with a bit of density manipulation to that plus a super suit that can fly, shoot energy beams, has lasers, super strength, help breath in space and probably some other powers I'm forgetting.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    The Arrowverse version of Ray is so powerful it's unreal to me. Not saying he's at all weak but he had such a power buff for the show. He goes from size manipulation with a bit of density manipulation to that plus a super suit that can fly, shoot energy beams, has lasers, super strength, help breath in space and probably some other powers I'm forgetting.
    With all those powers you might say he's the Superman of that universe.

But seriously with all those powers plus him being super smart he should be the leader of that superhero universe.

But they had to make him a bumbling joke so there goes that.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

With all those powers you might say he's the Superman of that universe.

But seriously with all those powers plus him being super smart he should be the leader of that superhero universe.

But they had to make him a bumbling joke so there goes that.
    I was about to say they don’t even have him use his suit much anymore. He’s just made to be an idiot man child.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

I was about to say they don’t even have him use his suit much anymore. He’s just made to be an idiot man child.
    Did the suit break or something? I haven't watch any of the Arrowverse shows in a while.

Did the suit break or something? I haven't watch any of the Arrowverse shows in a while.
    I think it’s probably financial because legends is the lowest rated show. I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets cancelled.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

I think it’s probably financial because legends is the lowest rated show. I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets cancelled.
    People have been saying that since season 2.

They started teasing Kord Industries and stuff too before.
    Poor Kord Industries, always getting broken into while it's CEO continues to remain off-screen .
    Supposedly the suit costs so much to replace that they might be trying to cut down on using it in-case they break it and need to get a new one.

Or it could just be that Legends is becoming less and less of a Superhero show in each subsequent season. They barely ever wear their costumes.

I wonder if they still would gone with an Iron Man-styled suit if they had kept him as Blue Beetle.

Boisterously Confused

I think when people think of major League members past the Big Seven, Atom is probably pretty high up there.

If not for Ant-Man getting his own movie I would say he was probably one of the more famous size-changing Superheroes.
    I feel the same way. I used to think an Atom live-action would be tough because it's hard to convey the weight-changing ability without some kind of exposition (IMO, The Vision has this same problem with density control). However, after watching Ant-Man I came to the conclusion that it can be done.

Poor Kord Industries, always getting broken into while it's CEO continues to remain off-screen .

Supposedly the suit costs so much to replace that they might be trying to cut down on using it in-case they break it and need to get a new one.

Or it could just be that Legends is becoming less and less of a Superhero show in each subsequent season. They barely ever wear their costumes.

I wonder if they still would gone with an Iron Man-styled suit if they had kept him as Blue Beetle.
    I think they would have and it would have worked. It would highlight Ted's genius instead of just a guy doing martial arts.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I forgot where I first heard of The Atom. I think it was random, during New 52, where people talked about him because he didn't show up until later. So the first version I read about him was this one.

DIG018774_1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

He's also one of those characters where I have to ask... okay, which version is this one, again? Which one is the original? Ray or Ryan?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I forgot where I first heard of The Atom. I think it was random, during New 52, where people talked about him because he didn't show up until later. So the first version I read about him was this one.

DIG018774_1._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

He's also one of those characters where I have to ask... okay, which version is this one, again? Which one is the original? Ray or Ryan?
    Technically the first Atom was the Golden Age Atom, Al Pratt.

Ray Palmer was the Silver Age Atom ala Hal Jordan Green Lantern and Barry Allen Flash, and he's the one who coined the Atom's iconic costume and size-changing gimmick.

Ryan Choi is the third Atom who succeeded Ray.