Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

COMICS: For Blue Beetle and Aqualad to join Young Justice. Jaime gets another solo, without a long, boring first arc. Lorena Marquez to return to the Aquabook. Less new POC characters, more building up the ones that already exist (ie Vixen, Vibe, Black Lightning, Firestorm).

MOVIES: Shazam & Joker being well recieved and successful. Announcements for future projects (ie Batman, Flash, Aquaman 2, Shazam 2...etc).

STREAMING: Young Justice gets more seasons, more live action/animated shows/movies announced.

MISC: Super Hero Girls to get a proper push on CN, More surprises from the Arrowverse. A new DC video game, that's hopefully not Batman related.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    COMICS: For Blue Beetle and Aqualad to join Young Justice. Jaime gets another solo, without a long, boring first arc. Lorena Marquez to return to the Aquabook. Less new POC characters, more building up the ones that already exist (ie Vixen, Vibe, Black Lightning, Firestorm).

MOVIES: Shazam & Joker being well recieved and successful. Announcements for future projects (ie Batman, Flash, Aquaman 2, Shazam 2...etc).

STREAMING: Young Justice gets more seasons, more live action/animated shows/movies announced.

MISC: Super Hero Girls to get a proper push on CN, More surprises from the Arrowverse. A new DC video game, that's hopefully not Batman related.
    Definitely a yes to this. It would be nice to get new ones but work needs to be done on the old ones, A LOT of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I want Bendis or Priest on Nightwing.

Return of JSA
    This. Though I'll take anyone on Nightwing if they respect the character and can move him forward into his own territory instead of trapping him on the edges of Batman's world.

Honestly, at this point Nightwing getting his due is top of my priority list, with Cyborg getting the same following a very close second.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Better representation with characters of color
    So much this!

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Solo ongoing for John Stewart and Vixen.

Aqualad to be treated and written way better in the comics. Also to establish a connection with Aquaman and Mera.
    And all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Please respect the characters.

That's all.
    And also all of this.

I also want to see something done with Firestorm and Stargirl.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

After the 6 issue mini-series is over, I hope that DC gives Zan & Jayna an ongoing book, or places them in another book in a regular basis.

The return of pre-New 52 DC. I know it's not gonna happen, just being honest.

There are many things I want from D C Comics this year including...............

Jonah Hex by Jimmy Palmiotti & Justin Gray Omnibus vol.1

JSA with Wesley Dodds the Sandman in it.

Global Guardians get their own mag.

Mark Shaw Manhunter returns somewhere like Suicide Squad.

LOSH with a mixture of old and new characters.

Baixi Bat-Man picks up where New Superman left off with his own mag.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 01-01-2019 at 06:18 PM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

For 2019 I wish the people in charge of publishing at DC would pull their heads out of the arses and bring back the sense of fun to the DCU.
    Also I want them to remember 'legacy' is NOT a dirty word!

Bring back Wally West as the Flash.
    Bring back the speed family - Max, Bart. Jesse, Jay, Johnny, John etc.
    Treat the legacy characters with some respect!

Embrace your publishing history instead of trying to erase it!!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Id wish to see the Justice League Unlimited cartoon as the basis for the DCUniverse. . . and from there it can fracture and break down, reshape and continue.
    Just all the heroes brought into one massive JLU would be interesting and probably somewhat inevitable at least at somepoint.
    You can tell a good number of those serialized fun stories
    that impact the wider universe legitimately

I also want to see something done with Firestorm and Stargirl.
    Glad its not just me. What did you think of my idea of having a book with Firestorm,Shazam, and Stargirl?
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Mighty Member

Better representation with characters of color
    Dude, don't All Lives Matter my post. DC needs to do better by their characters of color way more than their white characters. Period.

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS TIMES A BILLION. No sh## all characters need to be done well. But DC needs to go to greater lengths as far as developing and treating their minority characters with much respect. Because guess what? Wonder Woman, Hal, Superman, Red Head Flash, Batman, etc can always bounce back from whatever. But Duke, John, Vic, Katana and countless others don’t have that same privilege unfortunately. DC has been giving their poc characters the short end of the stick for decades. Let us be vocal about that instead of pulling an “all lives matter”
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

BANNED

News update of Batman: Arkham game
    More Superman in Media
    The Joker movie is terrific.
    Wonder Woman 1984 lives up the the original.
    DC animated films
    Less Harley Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS TIMES A BILLION. No sh## all characters need to be done well. But DC needs to go to greater lengths as far as developing and treating their minority characters with much respect. Because guess what? Wonder Woman, Hal, Superman, Red Head Flash, Batman, etc can always bounce back from whatever. But Duke, John, Vic, Katana and countless others don’t have that same privilege unfortunately. DC has been giving their poc characters the short end of the stick for decades. Let us be vocal about that instead of pulling an “all lives matter”
    I wasn't pulling an "all lives matter" whatever that hell that means. My point is that DC has been screwing up a vast majority of these character for a long time now regardless of what color their drawn. Acting like it is happening to just one character or because of race is asinine. Making more characters to add to the mess or acting like putting more characters of a different race or creed in a book will fix the fundamental issues with management seems dumb to me. The characters are not the problem. I want to buy more books, why the hell else would I be on a comic book forum? I want different perspectives, new and interesting stories with fun well written leads.

I want a Black Lightning ongoing, do I trust DC to do that right?

I want more Katana, do I trust DC to do that right?

The answer is no because I don't believe DC is doing their flagships right. Why would I trust them to do smaller characters?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I wasn't pulling an "all lives matter" whatever that hell that means. My point is that DC has been screwing up a vast majority of these character for a long time now regardless of what color their drawn. Acting like it is happening to just one character or because of race is asinine. Making more characters to add to the mess or acting like putting more characters of a different race or creed in a book will fix the fundamental issues with management seems dumb to me. The characters are not the problem. I want to buy more books, why the hell else would I be on a comic book forum? I want different perspectives, new and interesting stories with fun well written leads.

I want a Black Lightning ongoing, do I trust DC to do that right?

I want more Katana, do I trust DC to do that right?

The answer is no because I don't believe DC is doing their flagships right. Why would I trust them to do smaller characters?
    Pay it no mind, the two views are very unlikely to see eye to eye without it becoming a classroom setting.

I agree with you, I DO think they need better writing.... I'm ALSO displeased with the diversity they offer. I mean I pick up every Mr.Terrific title the spew out, but I never feel they're very good.

I'm not a fan of Vixen or Cyborg... (~_~) I'd really rather have static shock over black lightning (who's pretty medium too).

John Stewart, Jax Firestorm, and I guess Duke... are all derivatives that you can barely talk about without stirring up dissension.

I'd like to see.... The people referenced in the Superman story featuring: Muhammad X

"Natasha names a few black superheroes Superman has never heard of, but are apparently well known in the black community, such as Rush & Silence, Stoneyard and Underground. Indeed, the heroes named here have yet to appear in any DC Universe comic"

It'd be nice to have books with them actually appear... but you are right in that it would be a waste if they left me feeling the way I feel when I read mr.terrific... empty.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Extraordinary Member

COMICS:

My wish for DC is that Wally West is revived and either gets his own solo ongoing or is at least a co-lead in a long-awaited Flash Family book. On that note, I wanna see a revival of the Flash family in general. Not new versions of them, mind you, but I just want to see them come back. I'm talking Jay Garrick, Johnny Quick, Jesse Quick, Max Mercury, etc. That, of course, would also depend on my next wish...

For Doomsday Clock to keep up the quality and wrap up with the restoration of the JSA and the Legion to continuity.

FILM:

To see Shazam received well and news on Flash and Batman solo films. To see more news about Wonder Woman '84 and James Gunn's helming of Suicide Squad.

TV:

That Swamp Thing, Stargirl, and Doom Patrol all get a positive response just like Titans seems to have been getting.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 01-02-2019 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Glad its not just me. What did you think of my idea of having a book with Firestorm,Shazam, and Stargirl?
    Well, honestly Billy's just got a book of his own so I'd leave him out of it. Since he's got a title now I'd rather the panel time be spent on Firestorm and Courtney.

I never considered the idea of 'Storm and Stargirl as a team-up.....but it's very quickly sounding very good in my head.

Would you spin that as their generation's "Ollie and Dinah?"
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.