Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

A Legion of Super-Heroes book. Any book!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, honestly Billy's just got a book of his own so I'd leave him out of it. Since he's got a title now I'd rather the panel time be spent on Firestorm and Courtney.

I never considered the idea of 'Storm and Stargirl as a team-up.....but it's very quickly sounding very good in my head.

Would you spin that as their generation's "Ollie and Dinah?"
    Yes, thats exactly where I was going...
    Honestly I put billy there as a rival love interest as that story sells well (~_~) then Im reminded of the Dinah/Bruce thing... and maybe thats not such a hot idea.
    I forgot that Shazam is going to see a LOT of action this year (smh. stupid. me) so he's going to mistakenly be tied harder to his own mythos/house.

But... I do think a 3rd would be optimal, a new trinity, among the younger crowd would be a big deal. ESPECIALLY, since they aren't "Superboy, Wondergirl, Robins..."^3 there are enough characters that they (i.e. Young Heroes) don't have to be justice league jr. Edition and they're not titans.
    Courtney is trained by an older crowd the JSA, Firestorm is... going through the ringer right now during doomsday clock. Hmm... I'll give it some thought and come up with a third instead of a duo.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 01-02-2019 at 04:58 PM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Incredible Member

For Bendis' YJ run to be great. Not good enough that its happening, if it ends up being bad, this gen is dead forever.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, honestly Billy's just got a book of his own so I'd leave him out of it. Since he's got a title now I'd rather the panel time be spent on Firestorm and Courtney.

I never considered the idea of 'Storm and Stargirl as a team-up.....but it's very quickly sounding very good in my head.

Would you spin that as their generation's "Ollie and Dinah?"
    I hope not. Otherwise Firestorm would cheat on Stargirl like 3 times and I would keep wondering why they keep forcing them to be together.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I hope not. Otherwise Firestorm would cheat on Stargirl like 3 times and I would keep wondering why they keep forcing them to be together.
    Uhm... is that an ollie and dinah thing? Thats an odd complaint otherwise, still while I'm no shipper I think its a good pairing. Of course... Firestorm is ... odd because he's a gesalt being so there's some weirdness as to who loves
    her etc. That could be a wild arc. Regardless, every relationship has to have drama, and tension which is why people are so quick to read about it.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Uhm... is that an ollie and dinah thing?
    Yup.

They have an odd, almost unexplainable relationship.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    For Bendis' YJ run to be great. Not good enough that its happening, if it ends up being bad, this gen is dead forever.
    While I can't say I am personally gung-ho for this, I do think this needs to bring about some energy the same way Rebirth did.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Yes, thats exactly where I was going...
    Depending on who was in the Matrix, that could be your triangle right there.

I myself am a firm supporter in Martin Stein being part of Firestorm; I think he's actually more important than whoever else is in there with him (he's certainly outlasted everyone else) but if a writer were inclined to use the younger members of Firestorm, like Ronnie and/or Jason and/or Jax, that would be weird enough to satisfy anyone's desire for a twisted up love triangle. Personally I think Martin being stuck in Firestorm's head and having to watch all the teen drama would be a better option, but I'm not the target demographic for most love triangles (Im too old and cranky for that sh*t) so it doesn't matter what I think.

If not the other half of Firestorm....perhaps Blue Beetle? Or Atom Smasher brought in as the ex-boyfriend trying to get back with the girl? Or Sideways, who now needs a home? No reason you couldn't do a love triangle with two girls trying to get the same guy either, though that doesn't seem to go over with YA audiences as well as the M-F-M thing. But maybe Flamebird, or if you wanna get a little crazy, Rose Wilson? Or maybe you use Aqualad, keep him gay, and make it a really different kind of triangle?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member

1. For Dick to return to his old self and go back to Nightwing
    2. For more Batman training scenes in comics, movies, tv series and more
    3. A comic series where Batman fights many martial artists, including League of Assassins/Leviathan members
    4. Birds of Prey animated movie
    5. A solo Vixen comic series
    6. Birds of Prey comic series
    7. Another Batwoman comic series, and CW

A Vixen solo, favourably with a focus on mythology and magic. Let her interact with the League without putting attention to Batman.

Nightwing being written by someone capabel of doing him justice and getting him out of editorial prison.

A better JLO arc.

A good second artist for WW and an improved second arc.

In general a continuity and Legacy for the DCU that makes me feel as if these characters are alive instead of a gargled and jumbled mess.

A new Crisis that leaves us with a universe filled with heroes that are unashamed of being heroes, don't feel conned into being heroes by some tragedy and do it because 'it's the right thing to do' or 'it's fun to adventure'.

It would be a Crisis where the heroes of the DCU finally confront the embodiment of cynicism and despair and Whoop ITS @$$!!!, once and for all.
    And as they leave the broken, beaten and thoroughly defeated foe lying on the ground, the heroes walk away smiling are filled with joy for the first time in ages (and throw in a rainbow, a sunrise, some kids rushing the heroes for autographs and/or doves flying at the end for added effect).
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

The return of the one, true, original Justice Society of America.

My greatest wish is to see all JSA history restored and for them to have their own earth again. When I say "all" I mean the JSA as it existed from the 40s through the modern series by Johns and co. and I exclude the unfortunate New 52 Earth-2 series which I feel is best forgotten and never drawn from again in any way.

I'd like to see the legacy characters from the Johns (and friends) run return too, but I'd like to see it all happen on Earth-Two even if some characters relocate to what we used to call Earth-One (main DCU Earth) as Black Canary and Red Tornado did lo those many years ago.

Now, I don't know how a writer/editor do this and I don't have a suggestion. This is just my greatest wish for DC in 2019.

Dan Didio gets a new job at another company. Pretty sure they could use a guy with his vision over at Marvel.

Green Arrow and Black Canary in a comic together kickin' ass.

Nightwing to just be Nightwing and having fun with it. Hopefully with a kid sidekick.

Power Girl in her own solo again.

Good comics that I enjoy buying.
    Batman - Daredevil

Oh, and Legion of Super-Heroes by Jonathan Hickman and Steve Rude (with Evan Shaner filling in).
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Give John Stewart a solo or mini