Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

1. For Dick Grayson to get his identity and name back, and stop being the lapdog of Batman & the JLA.
    2. For some of the secondary Titans that have been shunted off to obscurity to get some love (Lillith, Garth, Karen, Mal, Bette)
    3. For Wally West to not be dead and also not be the villain behind H-I-C.
    4. For the return of the JSA in an ongoing with a restored Golden Age history (regardless of where the future takes them).
    5. For the return of a Legion ongoing, that both acknowledges the pre-Crisis history but moves forward with great new stories utilizing the fan favorites.
    6. A History of the DCU graphic novel (a la the post-COIE edition) that definitively establishes the history of the DCU in broad strokes and cleans up the bloody mess we've got now...and published immediately after the end of Doomsday Clock before anybody can screw it up!
    7. For Doomsday Clock to wrap up this year before I end up in an old folks home and forget all about it.
    8. All of Donna Troy's false memories cleared up with the revelation that her adopted-sister-of-Diana rescued-from-a-fire origin was the real one all along.
    9. The long awaited and overdue wedding of Arthur and Mera
    10. For Black Lightning & family to get some love in the comics after 2 successful years on the TV.

1. Singular titles for all books that all share continuity. (Never happen)
    2. JSA back
    3. LoSH back
    4. More Booster and Beetle!
    5. More Firestorm!
    6. Elongated Man to come back.
    7. Plastic Man to get a solo
    8. More New Gods

Movies: No more team up movies but singular movies that share continuity. (it's a theme)

More Elseworlds.

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    2. JSA back
    3. LoSH back
    5. More Firestorm!
    8. More New Gods

Movies: No more team up movies but singular movies that share continuity. (it's a theme)

More Elseworlds.
    I'm for all these ideas but especially bringing Ralph (and Sue) back. I hate the way DC has tossed them into limbo.

1. Undo the damage that Bendis has done with the Super family (I can dream).
    2. Scrap "Ric" and bring back Dick/Nightwing as he's meant to be.
    3. In continuity Super Sons. Not that other one set to replace it.
    4. Bring Artemis and Bizzarro back to Red Hood and the Outlaws.
    5. More fun adventure series like Super Sons. Maybe with Nightwing.
    6. Wally to NOT be dead and NOT be a criminal.
    7. Restore the Titans/Teen Titans to their original cause of helping/guiding young heroes and metahumans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    A new Crisis that leaves us with a universe filled with heroes that are unashamed of being heroes, don't feel conned into being heroes by some tragedy and do it because 'it's the right thing to do' or 'it's fun to adventure'.

It would be a Crisis where the heroes of the DCU finally confront the embodiment of cynicism and despair and Whoop ITS @$$!!!, once and for all.
    And as they leave the broken, beaten and thoroughly defeated foe lying on the ground, the heroes walk away smiling are filled with joy for the first time in ages (and throw in a rainbow, a sunrise, some kids rushing the heroes for autographs and/or doves flying at the end for added effect).

The last part sounds good but a bit cheesy.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    A new Crisis that leaves us with a universe filled with heroes that are unashamed of being heroes, don't feel conned into being heroes by some tragedy and do it because 'it's the right thing to do' or 'it's fun to adventure'.

It would be a Crisis where the heroes of the DCU finally confront the embodiment of cynicism and despair and Whoop ITS @$$!!!, once and for all.
    And as they leave the broken, beaten and thoroughly defeated foe lying on the ground, the heroes walk away smiling are filled with joy for the first time in ages (and throw in a rainbow, a sunrise, some kids rushing the heroes for autographs and/or doves flying at the end for added effect).
    I love it.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I wasn't pulling an "all lives matter" whatever that hell that means. My point is that DC has been screwing up a vast majority of these character for a long time now regardless of what color their drawn. Acting like it is happening to just one character or because of race is asinine. Making more characters to add to the mess or acting like putting more characters of a different race or creed in a book will fix the fundamental issues with management seems dumb to me. The characters are not the problem. I want to buy more books, why the hell else would I be on a comic book forum? I want different perspectives, new and interesting stories with fun well written leads.

I want a Black Lightning ongoing, do I trust DC to do that right?
    I want more Katana, do I trust DC to do that right?
    The answer is no because I don't believe DC is doing their flagships right. Why would I trust them to do smaller characters?
    I think the issue is the crap done to Wally West gets looked over because at least he's being USED. We are seeing the trashing of Wally, Dick, Roy, Donna and so on under the guise of STORY TELLING and being so-called
    leads. So someone could "defend" that mess by saying it's just a story lets see if play out.

Meanwhile most of POC are background, in limbo or minorities in the refrigerator. With crumbs here and there called Silencer & Sideways & Terrific. It gets annoying to realize your top selling minority lead (co-star) book was Duke Thomas's Batman & The Signal. He has been around active for only 3 years. It's not Black Lightning and the guys who have been around 40+ years. Guys who have tv shows.

Then you look over at Marvel-I think that more than anything fuels the fire.
    Miles Morales has done more in 7 years than all of DC's POC together.
    Ms Marvel-where to start with HER? She was suppose to FAIL at issue 7 but will hit issue 60.
    Black Panther-lets not talk about HIM. Or Falcon or Luke Cage.
    Moon Girl-December 2019 she will hit 50 issues. Her book outsold CYBORG even with his CREATOR writing him.
    We have Moon Girl, Shuri & Riri with books. That are NONRETURNABLE-yet NAOMI has to be returnable.
    Lets not forget Image with 10 black lead books.

What is this company's EXCUSE???
    I am talking business not wish list. From a BUSINESS stand point I have issues with DC.
    Why should I buy Naomi when you can't get Vixen right? I don't want to hear-you have to buy Naomi to prove you want diversity. It's not about what skyvolt2000 WANTS.

It's about COMPETITION. Don't let Marvel have all of it without a fight. Give them a FIGHT. And when you get hit get back up and fight back. How many Carol Danvers books have we seen? Vixen & Cyborg should have just as many as someone on 2 tv shows.

Where are the minority lead books lead by those who came before Sideways? Jaime has a movie where is his book?
    Where is Birds of Prey at? Show Marvel how a female lead book lasts 125 issues.
    Where is Booster & Ted Kord's book at? They can be just as funny as Spidey & Deadpool.
    Where is Gotham Academy at?
    Where is Tim Drake solo book? He got over 200 issues for a REASON. He just needs 23 for 250.

DC needs to get it's act together before someone FORCES them and we get New 52 2.0

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Meanwhile most of POC are background, in limbo or minorities in the refrigerator. With crumbs here and there called Silencer & Sideways & Terrific. It gets annoying to realize your top selling minority lead (co-star) book was Duke Thomas's Batman & The Signal. He has been around active for only 3 years. It's not Black Lightning and the guys who have been around 40+ years. Guys who have tv shows.
    Point. I agree.
    I didn't pay attention but did The Terrifics really not sell as high as Signal?
    What happened the last time guys like Black Lightning and Vixen have a starring title?

Mighty Member

My main wish is one well written Wonder Woman arc that I enjoy. Also, I hope the animated films that they have coming are good.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    COMICS: For Blue Beetle and Aqualad to join Young Justice. Jaime gets another solo, without a long, boring first arc. Lorena Marquez to return to the Aquabook. Less new POC characters, more building up the ones that already exist (ie Vixen, Vibe, Black Lightning, Firestorm).
    So much this! I like the fact that DC is trying to be more diverse but please focus some attention on already established heroes like Blue Beetle, Vixen, Bronze Tiger, etc. That was what disappointed me about Bendis’ Young Justice announcement. Jaime, Aqualad, Aquagirl, Vibe, and so many others would have been great on that team. We don’t need new characters who will inevitably be shelved and forgotten by DC. They need to work on building up already existing heroes.

Bring Back Bug!

Sandy Hausler
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    2. JSA back
    3. LoSH back
    5. More Firestorm!
    8. More New Gods

More Elseworlds.
    Sue and him already came back during Gail Simone's last Secret Six series.

BANNED

Hawkman and The Terrifics not cancelled.

The Question gets a bad ass, violent solo book. Preferably not written by Bendis.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Sue and him already came back during Gail Simone's last Secret Six series.
    That was years ago in New 52 though

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    That was years ago in New 52 though
    It's still the New 52 Rest, just a different name with a few shades of paint.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics