Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Well I'm impressed.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I wonder how many sounds they can memorize?
    Good question...
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Incredible Member

Since some people believe that Vixen isn't powerful enough to be on the League and too powerful for a team like birds of prey, what other teams could she join? Would a team like the Power Company be more her style? The team eas pretty diverse in terms of background history and abilities.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Since some people believe that Vixen isn't powerful enough to be on the League and too powerful for a team like birds of prey, what other teams could she join? Would a team like the Power Company be more her style? The team eas pretty diverse in terms of background history and abilities.
    How is she not powerul enough to be on the league?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    How is she not powerul enough to be on the league?
    Some had thought that all the other JL members had better versions of her power, with super speed and super strength and what not. I think she can fit but if she's overshadowed by other JL members I was wondering where else she could go.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    How is she not powerful enough to be on the league?
    She's got more power than tons of Leaguers, such as Batman, Hawkman, Elongated Man, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Atom, etc. Sure, she's 'not as strong as Superman,' or 'not as fast as the Flash,' but neither are *most* of the League, and they somehow muddle through it.

She's absolutely fine, for League potential, IMO. Not everybody needs to punch at Superman/Martian Manhunter/Shazam/Captain Atom's weight levels.

BANNED

She has added value from her connection to the Red, which is a magic entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    She's got more power than tons of Leaguers, such as Batman, Hawkman, Elongated Man, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Atom, etc. Sure, she's 'not as strong as Superman,' or 'not as fast as the Flash,' but neither are *most* of the League, and they somehow muddle through it.

She's absolutely fine, for League potential, IMO. Not everybody needs to punch at Superman/Martian Manhunter/Shazam/Captain Atom's weight levels.
    I wonder how powerful Vixen would be if she mimicked Krypto's powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    It's odd, because I've also seen comments from people who think Vixen is overpowered. But for the people who think Vixen is not powerful enough to be on the Justice League, they might want to really think about it. Anyone who has the powers of the ENTIRE animal kingdom within themselves is a powerhouse. That goes for Vixen, Best Boy and Animal Man. Plus, like SecretWarrior said, Vixen's also got that "magic" touch to her powers which allows her to enhance/boost the animal abilities she mimics.

That could be a cool story element, though, for the future; someone in the comics underestimates Vixen because they think she is just someone who can bark like a dog or wash herself like a cat and that's about it, and she surprises them and shows them just how powerful and terrifying she can be.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 08-16-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    It's odd, because I've also seen comments from people who think Vixen is overpowered. But for the people who think Vixen is not powerful enough to be on the Justice League, they might want to really think about it. Anyone who has the powers of the ENTIRE animal kingdom within themselves is a powerhouse. That goes for Vixen, Best Boy and Animal Man. Plus, like SecretWarrior said, Vixen's also got that "magic" touch to her powers which allows her to enhance/boost the animal abilities she mimics.

That could be a cool story element, though, for the future; someone in the comics underestimates Vixen because they think she is just someone who can bark like a dog or wash herself like a cat and that's about it, and she surprises them and shows them just how powerful and terrifying she can be.
    People don't understand that she uses animal abilities on a superhuman scale. Writers don't even understand how her powers work sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    People don't understand that she uses animal abilities on a superhuman scale. Writers don't even understand how her powers work sometimes.
    Which is frustrating...

I will also always be pissed about how they made Vixen lose against Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I assume it's because it's very easy to get lazy with animal powers. (Fast like Cheetah, Strong like gorilla, fly like a bird etc..)
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I assume it's because it's very easy to get lazy with animal powers. (Fast like Cheetah, Strong like gorilla, fly like a bird etc..)
    Incidentally makes for an easy and fun character in most superhero RPGs, because most of them have a list of animal stats as potential adversaries / threats, and you can just hop through them and give your new animal-power character the strength of the strongest (usu. elephant or whale), speed of the fastest (cheetah), dexterity of a monkey, flight like an eagle, poison like a spider, swimming like a shark or dolphin, etc., etc. and have a nicely rounded character, since animals are generally so versatile (with an assortment of super-senses, night vision, tracking by scent, sonar, and movement types, like fish swimming and eagle flying and insect wall-crawling, as well as whatever thick skin defenses alligators and rhinos get, hard to hit agility mongooses get and the damaging effect of lion's claws or shark's bites or whatever, plus some freaky options like electric eel shocks, spider webs, spitting cobra venom sprays, etc.).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Incidentally makes for an easy and fun character in most superhero RPGs, because most of them have a list of animal stats as potential adversaries / threats, and you can just hop through them and give your new animal-power character the strength of the strongest (usu. elephant or whale), speed of the fastest (cheetah), dexterity of a monkey, flight like an eagle, poison like a spider, swimming like a shark or dolphin, etc., etc. and have a nicely rounded character, since animals are generally so versatile (with an assortment of super-senses, night vision, tracking by scent, sonar, and movement types, like fish swimming and eagle flying and insect wall-crawling, as well as whatever thick skin defenses alligators and rhinos get, hard to hit agility mongooses get and the damaging effect of lion's claws or shark's bites or whatever, plus some freaky options like electric eel shocks, spider webs, spitting cobra venom sprays, etc.).
    Not to mention some of those can get a magic boost. She could fit in so many settings. What can even show support for her when she's not even showing up in other books?
    Last edited by Shockingjustice; 08-17-2019 at 12:35 PM.

As others have stated, Vixen's power-levels and abilities make her JL potential for sure.

Beyond the JL though, I can see her being apart of the Outsiders, Shadowpact, and the Global Guardians. I think she has been a member of or worked with each of these teams at some point in the past.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!