Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

It's weird b/c Vixen is versatile, so she should be and could be everywhere but b/c she is, she's not. It's like one of the reasons DC won't use her is b/c they can't box her in and market her in a specific way.

Vixen is mentioned in this article about the criminal organization Intergang (which is part of Superman's Rogue's Gallery):

https://www.cbr.com/things-you-didnt...out-intergang/
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

In the YJ thread, a poster talked about Vixen appearing on the show deaged.

It's more of a what if so any thoughts?

How old is Mari supposed to be in the comics actually?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How old is Mari supposed to be in the comics actually?
    She looks to be at least pushing 30 in JLA rebirth.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    How is she not powerul enough to be on the league?
    Depends on the version of the League. For the big 6 heavy League that mostly fight cosmic threads, she is kind of under powered, unless you crank her powers up way above the original level.

Btw. if you want to bring up the thing in the pre flash point thing with her using the Superpowers of other heroes, that doesn't really work as an argument for two reasons. For one she only had that ability for a limited amount of time during which her powers were not working properly and iirc lost it later when she got her original animal based powers back. Secondly when doing it, she reduced the powers of the hero, whose powers she manifested, which made this power quite dangerous for her team mates.

Her powers are totally fine for almost every other team including other incarnations of the League.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I wonder how powerful Vixen would be if she mimicked Krypto's powers.
    She would have all of Superman's powers. With her strength being between 40% to 60% of Supes.

I would alao would love to see her take on Grodd's mental powers and becomes the teams second or third telepath
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

As for deaging Mari, I don't know if I'd like that.

Incredible Member

I think it would be interesting seeing a young Mari in general considering she got her totem when she was young. But if they're trying to make her younger than Beast Boy and having him as her mentor then that's a hard no and darn near insulting.

I've read a couple of comics with vixen in the jla and she always seems to be doubting her abilities. I'd hate to keep reviving that problem like cyborgs and I a man or machine issues.

The best way to write Vixen is secondary backup. She should be fulfilling a need the team is missing at the time.

Need super-strength, she got that
    Need super-speed, she got that
    Need energy attacks, she got that
    Need telepathy/telekinesis, she got that
    Need a flier, she got that
    Need a shapeshifter, she got that
    Need someone to breath underwater, she got that
    Need a fighter, she got that

As you can see she a niche character, throw her into a spot and she can easily fill the roll. She can even give herself super-intelligents by mimicking Grodd.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-20-2019 at 07:58 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    I think it would be interesting seeing a young Mari in general considering she got her totem when she was young. But if they're trying to make her younger than Beast Boy and having him as her mentor then that's a hard no and darn near insulting.

I've read a couple of comics with vixen in the jla and she always seems to be doubting her abilities. I'd hate to keep reviving that problem like cyborgs and I a man or machine issues.
    No insult intended, just spitballing concepts really.

I don't think it's necessary for Mari to be younger than Gar in order to allow for an interesting partnership between the two, after all as of YJO he's fifteen with around half a decade of experience as a hero under his belt working alongside some of the most experienced heroes of the age, so I think if you had Mari start out as Vixen using her comics origin (at least pre-FP) then she's likely to only be a year or two older (rookie models are mainly 16-19 IFAIK) at origin and potentially the "junior partner".

Your second point is more of a concern and perhaps one of the best reasons to put her with someone like Gar who appears to embrace insult over planning with his powers.

YMMV of course.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrock Holmes View Post
    No insult intended, just spitballing concepts really.

I don't think it's necessary for Mari to be younger than Gar in order to allow for an interesting partnership between the two, after all as of YJO he's fifteen with around half a decade of experience as a hero under his belt working alongside some of the most experienced heroes of the age, so I think if you had Mari start out as Vixen using her comics origin (at least pre-FP) then she's likely to only be a year or two older (rookie models are mainly 16-19 IFAIK) at origin and potentially the "junior partner".

Your second point is more of a concern and perhaps one of the best reasons to put her with someone like Gar who appears to embrace insult over planning with his powers.

YMMV of course.
    I didn't think you where insulting with the idea, sorry about that. I just meant in general if DC had done this it would have been insulting.

I thought Vixen was a full grown adult in her comic origins. It just odd to think that Beast Boy would be the one to encourage her into being a hero.
    Last edited by Shockingjustice; 08-20-2019 at 12:47 PM.

iunno, it just sounds weird to me to name an teen/underage character Vixen. I rather they don't try to tweak the character so much, just bring her in somewhere between Bumblebee and Black Lightning's age so they can utilize her as faithfully as possible; maybe tweak small story beats if need be.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I would prefer another JLA cartoon with Vixen as a member. Leave Young Justice to the kids.