Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    So apparently Gail Simmon wanted Vixen as a regular on Birds of Prey but was told to keep the team white.

Bullshit...
    can you source this, so I can put this on blast

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    can you source this, so I can put this on blast

Jump to 8:30...

Just noticed i misspelled Gail Simone name...sorry.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-11-2019 at 06:24 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

So apparently Gail Simmon wanted Vixen as a regular on Birds of Prey but was told to keep the team white.

Bullshit...
    You must have seen that YouTube video "Top 10 Surprising Things About The Birds Of Prey: Part 2" video. And I have a sneaking suspicion that someone at DC Comics personally does not like Vixen, I just don't know who it is. Because Vixen gets passed over for a lot of stuff.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 09-11-2019 at 07:08 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

This article claims that Spider-Man could beat Vixen in a fight, but to me, the writer's logic is extremely flawed. I've seen other people use the same flawed logic on other sites:

https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-dc-heroes-beat/

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    This article claims that Spider-Man could beat Vixen in a fight, but to me, the writer's logic is extremely flawed. I've seen other people use the same flawed logic on other sites:

Saying Spider-man can beat Kraven the Hunter, thus he must be able to defeat Vixen. Show extreme ignorance when it comes to Mari.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    while I will love to see Bronze Tiger and Vixen back together (never liked her with John tbh), I think that would be a cool idea. I was thinking about that myself, how most interracial couple in media are white with x race (usually black), and I think putting Vixen with an all new east Asian male love interest could be cool; it would be interesting to see an interracial couple where the two cultures coming together have little to no eurocentric elements involved.
    For another idea, what about Cisco Ramon (Vibe)? They have history as members of Justice League Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    while I will love to see Bronze Tiger and Vixen back together (never liked her with John tbh), I think that would be a cool idea. I was thinking about that myself, how most interracial couple in media are white with x race (usually black), and I think putting Vixen with an all new east Asian male love interest could be cool; it would be interesting to see an interracial couple where the two cultures coming together have little to no eurocentric elements involved.
    I will always be here for a blasian pairing after seeing those dating apps statistics.

But more than that, I too have always felt if interracial couplings are being done we need more than just the minority x white person pairings so that would be interesting to see in comics. I think Silencer was the only DC book showcasing that type of relationship recently.

I remember researching characters who could be a part of a supporting cast for Vixen and I came across this asian hero, I forgot his name but his hero name and power had something to do with light or the sun, anyway in his civilian life he is an actor.

Bullshit...
    You think this is a lie b/c I hope it is, my girl keeps getting slighted and there needs to be a good excuse for it, but the only good enough excuse would be someone having it out for her and I don't want this character dealing with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    It does sound like a croc of crap considering how DC had a Japanese woman on there for a considerable number of issues in it's 2011 run, and is prominently featured on some of the covers as well.

Yeah but asian people are considered the acceptable minority, so maybe that was the excuse for Vixen but not for Katana.

But idk I feel Gail Simone has used this excuse before.

This is bullshit and this writer shouldn't even attempt to fix their fingers to even type in Vixen's name if they don't even know the basics of her abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    For another idea, what about Cisco Ramon (Vibe)? They have history as members of Justice League Detroit.
    They do have history but I do like Cisco with Cynthia Reynolds.

Unfortunately for me, I don't seriously ship Vixen with anybody.

Each time I thought I liked a pairing with Vixen it has been a result of the situation the writer has put her (and the person she's with) in.

That JLA issue where Vixen and Arsenal are helping each other, those couple of panels in Injustice with Vixen and Red Hood, any interaction with her and Animal Man, but outside of those specific moments it's just eh *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    I remember researching characters who could be a part of a supporting cast for Vixen and I came across this asian hero, I forgot his name but his hero name and power had something to do with light or the sun, anyway in his civilian life he is an actor.
    I think you might be talking about Striker Z though he's a stunt man not an actor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Striker_Z

Vibe x Vixen would be unexpected but there is some good material you could mine from it.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-12-2019 at 11:31 AM.

Did you all see the December 2019 solicit for #Far Sector #2 (that book about new Green Lantern Sojourner Mullein)? If not, the cover to that issue has a cool but very minor visual related to Vixen.

Did you all see the December 2019 solicit for #Far Sector #2 (that book about new Green Lantern Sojourner Mullein)? If not, the cover to that issue has a cool but very minor visual related to Vixen.
    Please, please tell me this takes place in the future and she John and Mari's daughter.

Please, tell me this...please.

Please, please tell me this takes place in the future and she John and Mari's daughter.

That would be very interesting if that was true.

Gonna wish that into existence then...lol
    Screenshot_2019-10-01-22-34-09~2.jpg

No it doesn't take place in the future ...which is good cause I need her to interact with other characters in the future. Tbh, I'm tired of diverse characters being put in outliers like imprints, dc kids, etc.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    No it doesn't take place in the future ...which is good cause I need her to interact with other characters in the future. Tbh, I'm tired of diverse characters being put in outliers like imprints, dc kids, etc.
    For the most part that is the only way they get development or even SNIFF a shelf without needing someone else's name on the title.