Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Vixen definitely needs to be showcased and featured more within DC. Her powers and personality really make her stand out. I also like the idea of her being with John Stewart. I know it seems unrealistic since he is always off-world and space doesn't seem like Vixen's area of expertise, but I still liked seeing them together.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

She arguably had more development in Suicide Squad than in most other comics.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Vixen definitely needs to be showcased and featured more within DC. Her powers and personality really make her stand out. I also like the idea of her being with John Stewart. I know it seems unrealistic since he is always off-world and space doesn't seem like Vixen's area of expertise, but I still liked seeing them together.
    I figure since they made Vixen's relationship with John Stewart work in the Justice League Unlimited TV show, they could make it work in the comics, too. Even if he was in space a lot, John should be MAKING wormholes and teleportation portals to get back home to Vixen every night. LOL

Also, I see it as John being a "soldier" who serves overseas when he is out in space being a Green Lantern. Soldiers who go overseas for a stint have girlfriends, wives and families back home who they go back to. And it's not like Vixen is the type of woman who would be at home pining away for him until he returned...she's got PLENTY of stuff to keep her busy, like globetrotting for modeling shoots, helping out the Justice League or running her charities/business(es).
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 09-01-2019 at 10:32 AM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    She arguably had more development in Suicide Squad than in most other comics.

Other then her relationship with Broze Tiger, her character is kind of boring in SS...IMHO.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Some fan art from around the Internet:

Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Other then her relationship with Broze Tiger, her character is kind of boring in SS...IMHO.
    I feel like she needed more story arcs in SS. I enjoyed her either way but yeah I get where you're coming from.

So apparently Gail Simmon wanted Vixen as a regular on Birds of Prey but was told to keep the team white.

Bullshit...

BANNED

So apparently Gail Simmon wanted Vixen as a regular on Birds of Prey but was told to keep the team white.

Bullshit...
    Wouldn't be surprising giving how poorly DC handles the development of non-white characters. They're just there to add color to the page not drive story--just look at John Stewart in comics vs John Stewart in animation. You'd get the same result regardless of which character of color you pulled out of a hat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    while I will love to see Bronze Tiger and Vixen back together (never liked her with John tbh), I think that would be a cool idea. I was thinking about that myself, how most interracial couple in media are white with x race (usually black), and I think putting Vixen with an all new east Asian male love interest could be cool; it would be interesting to see an interracial couple where the two cultures coming together have little to no eurocentric elements involved.
    Would be a good opportunity to introduce Wind Dragon.

Ultimate Member

Bullshit...
    Huh. Power wise, Vixen seems a little 'too big' for the more street level Birds of Prey anyway, not that I wouldn't love to see her be their powerhouse 'Superman' figure, with the strength of a whale, speed of a cheetah, reactions of a mongoose, flight of an eagle, etc. It might even be kind of perfect to partner her up with some lower powered heroines like Black Canary, Hawkwoman, Katana, etc. and let her be the 'big gun' of that group / event.

Now I want to see a Brave and the Bold teamup between Nightwing and Vixen, just because heads might explode.

A Nightwing/Vixen story would be awesome.

IIRC, Power Girl was also a member of BoP.

Ultimate Member

Bullshit...
    FYI she tried to get Rocket on the team too. She got rejected there too.

Wouldn't be surprising giving how poorly DC handles the development of non-white characters. They're just there to add color to the page not drive story--just look at John Stewart in comics vs John Stewart in animation. You'd get the same result regardless of which character of color you pulled out of a hat
    Yet no one wants to call them OUT on it. Instead we saw fits thrown for books that did have development and DC praised for it's non-white character development.

Or worst you got a book doing it but you have to use someone's name (BATMAN) on it or it struggles to make 18-25 issues. And never gets a second series.

Or in Vixen's case a shot.

Bullshit...
    It does sound like a croc of crap considering how DC had a Japanese woman on there for a considerable number of issues in it's 2011 run, and is prominently featured on some of the covers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    It does sound like a croc of crap considering how DC had a Japanese woman on there for a considerable number of issues in it's 2011 run, and is prominently featured on some of the covers as well.

Different editors and writer.

Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-11-2019 at 05:48 PM.

Different editors and writer.

Well that explains quite a bit. lol