Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I could see Dr.Psycho and Silver Swan as antagonists. There is also Poison Ivy.

I could also see them just creating their own like the CW did.

Does she have any specific villains in the comics?
    I think I’d prefer if they created an original villain for Vixen. I wouldn’t want her sharing rogues with someone else.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I think I’d prefer if they created an original villain for Vixen. I wouldn’t want her sharing rogues with someone else.
    Yeah borrowing from other heroes' rogues rarely ever works and is often a sign the writers and editors have no faith in the character.

Did Vixen actually need a new thread created?

True, I don't want Vixen sharing toys or having other heroes forced to share their toys with her but some of the villains who I think Vixen should have in her rogues gallery are from the batman animated series that the comics haven't yet introduced (except one).

And you guys know how I feel about Poison Ivy, I would definitely want her in a Vixen series as an antagonist for Vixen in costume and an ally outside of the costume.

So a bit of a war for me.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 01-05-2019 at 03:04 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

True, I don't want Vixen sharing toys or having other heroes forced to share their toys with her but some of the villains who I think Vixen should have in her rogues gallery are from the batman animated series that the comics haven't yet introduced (except one).

The mods have been closing down some old threads to help the site's speed.

Mighty Member

I think Fauna Faust and Queen Bee could be good villains.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Ultimate Member

Queen Bee's a neat choice, in that she's not a traditional 'rogue' of anyone specific (unlike Deathstroke or Gorilla Grodd, who started out as Titans and Flash villains, specifically).

Going with her themes, specific foes could include those associated with pollution (like Chemo) or big-game hunting / trophy hunting (like Deathstroke used to do, before leveling up to 'the most dangerous game'). Someone who considers himself 'the ultimate hunter' could view Mari as 'the big score,' since she's metaphorically every type of animal you could hunt, all rolled into one.

And you guys know how I feel about Poison Ivy, I would definitely want her in a Vixen series as an antagonist for Vixen in costume and an ally outside of the costume.

Floronic man could fill the plant based villain niche nicely. Especially since he’s not tied to another franchise.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Mighty Member

It’s amazing how many villains in the DCU aren’t claimed by anyone. I like Sutekh’s idea as a big game hunter type villain for Vixen. Kinda like Kraven.

I wanted Vixen to be a part of a superhero trio between her, Black Orchid and Deadman. They represent each of the sources- the Red (Vixen), the Green (Black Orchid), and Rot (Deadman). They also could represent the Freudian Trio (Id, Ego, Superego) with Deadman being the Id, Black Orchid being the Ego and Vixen fulfilling the Superego's role as the middle ground to each approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The mods have been closing down some old threads to help the site's speed.
    I didn't think the Vixen thread in particular would warrant that but I guess over 100 pages means it has to go.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Floronic man could fill the plant based villain niche nicely. Especially since he’s not tied to another franchise.
    So Florenic Man being a villain for Vixen would be a good idea but I don't think he could replace the role I think Poison Ivy can fill in a Vixen book ...as I stated I want Poison Ivy in a Vixen solo as a ally and an antagonist not as a villain.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

I didn't think the Vixen thread in particular would warrant that but I guess over 100 pages means it has to go.

So Florenic Man being a villain for Vixen would be a good idea but I don't think he could replace the role I think Poison Ivy can fill in a Vixen book ...as I stated I want Poison Ivy in a Vixen solo as a ally and an antagonist not as a villain.
    They could just bring Jackie Woodrue/Floronic Woman into continuity as a Vixen villain.

What are some antagonists you’d like to see in a potential Vixen movie? Should they create an original villain?
    Perhaps not as well suited for a movie adaptation because of the lack of backgroud history to make the rivalry as potent, but on the page, AMAZO makes a good Vixen villain. Between the similarity of powers as mimics and their shared history of Amazo decimating her team in Justice League: Detroit, theres quite a bit to work with there.

If I had to create a villian for Vixen it would probably be a magical shapeshifter like Mystique from the X-Men.

Chimera...maybe for name.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Artemis Crock in her TIGRESS identity would be a good opponent for Mari. I can see a “Most Dangerous Game” kind of antipathy between the women ala Kraven/Spider-Man...
    http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Artemis_Crock_%28New_Earth%29

Any other hunter type characters?

I think it's an annual thing and not so much a 100+ page thing. All appreciation threads were closed, even the smaller ones.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!