Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    The best way to write Vixen is secondary backup. She should be fulfilling a need the team is missing at the time.

Need super-strength, she got that
    Need super-speed, she got that
    Need energy attacks, she got that
    Need telepathy/telekinesis, she got that
    Need a flier, she got that
    Need a shapeshifter, she got that
    Need someone to breath underwater, she got that
    Need a fighter, she got that

As you can see she a niche character, throw her into a spot and she can easily fill the roll. She can even give herself super-intelligents by mimicking Grodd.
    I'm thinking she should also be able to access the genius-level intelligence of Mr. Terrific, Batman and Lex Luthor, since they are animals, too. And just imagine if she combined the intelligence of Grodd, Batman, Luthor and Terrific.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

Vixen is pretty much the one black female character in the DC universe that needs/deserves her own solo movie. Unless Marvel does it first and gives Storm or Monica Rambeau a movie, DC could potentially have a great marketing hook with the whole "first black superheroine to get her own blockbuster solo film" narrative (and no, Halle Berry's fiasco doesn't count). With the success of Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther, it is only natural that the next step is a Vixen movie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Vixen is pretty much the one black female character in the DC universe that needs/deserves her own solo movie. Unless Marvel does it first and gives Storm or Monica Rambeau a movie, DC could potentially have a great marketing hook with the whole "first black superheroine to get her own blockbuster solo film" narrative (and no, Halle Berry's fiasco doesn't count). With the success of Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther, it is only natural that the next step is a Vixen movie.
    The success of Captain Marvel suggests that it doesn't even matter that much if the movie is first, so much as it is good. (And I'd love to see Monica in the MCU, as well. I'm totally unfaithful, like that!)

But yeah, a standalone Vixen story could be fun, but she, IMO, lacks much in the way of definitive storylines or even specific notable villains, which is a bit of a hurdle for coming up with movie adaptations. (Since there's not as much to 'adapt.') I'd love for her to have some strong solo story arcs and memorable villains or nemeses first, and then move on to a big-screen adaptation. Right now, she feels more like a team player, than a solo act, someone who could show up in a Justice League movie with a bunch of other people, but not quite ready to take the stage alone, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    The success of Captain Marvel suggests that it doesn't even matter that much if the movie is first, so much as it is good. (And I'd love to see Monica in the MCU, as well. I'm totally unfaithful, like that!)

But yeah, a standalone Vixen story could be fun, but she, IMO, lacks much in the way of definitive storylines or even specific notable villains, which is a bit of a hurdle for coming up with movie adaptations. (Since there's not as much to 'adapt.') I'd love for her to have some strong solo story arcs and memorable villains or nemeses first, and then move on to a big-screen adaptation. Right now, she feels more like a team player, than a solo act, someone who could show up in a Justice League movie with a bunch of other people, but not quite ready to take the stage alone, yet.
    I think Vixen's animated movie more than proves she is ready to take the stage solo. It wasn't a perfect movie (although no movie is), but there was world-building for her, her powers were showcased well and she did have some interesting villains (Kuasa and Benatu Eshu) to go up against. Something similar can easily be done in a live action solo movie.

Also, if Warner Bros. was to go that route with Vixen (introduce her in a team movie before launching her into her own solo movie) that would be at least the third time a black character had to be introduced in a team movie before being given their own potential solo movie (Black Panther and Cyborg come to mind, although it doesn't look like Cyborg's movie is happening anymore). That way of handling black characters will become problematic at some point, because it almost makes it seem like black characters need to prove themselves in team films before they are allowed to have their own solo movies, and I don't like the sort of message that sends...especially when characters like Captain Marvel were given a solo movie right out of the gate and THEN appeared in a team movie.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 08-21-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I think Vixen's animated movie more than proves she is ready to take the stage solo. It wasn't a perfect movie (although no movie is), but there was world-building for her, her powers were showcased well and she did have some interesting villains (Kuasa and Benatu Eshu) to go up against. Something similar can easily be done in a live action solo movie.

Also, if Warner Bros. was to go that route with Vixen (introduce her in a team movie before launching her into her own solo movie) that would be at least the third time a black character had to be introduced in a team movie before being given their own potential solo movie (Black Panther and Cyborg come to mind, although it doesn't look like Cyborg's movie is happening anymore). That way of handling black characters will become problematic at some point, because it almost makes it seem like black characters need to prove themselves in team films before they are allowed to have their own solo movies, and I don't like the sort of message that sends...especially when characters like Captain Marvel were given a solo movie right out of the gate and THEN appeared in a team movie.
    She should be featured in Wonder Woman 3

You could have WW be a mentor to a young Mari in a potential WW3 film. So when you do a Vixen solo movie you can still have the novelty of seeing an adult Mari on her own while still having that connection to fall back on if you need it.

That's if they decide to continue doing period pieces for WW solo movies. Vixen feels like someone in their early 30s/late 20s so you could do a early 2000/2010s piece if you want.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-26-2019 at 10:13 AM.

I like WW but she shouldn't be a mentor character to Mari when no such relationship has existed before. Mari should have her own supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I like WW but she shouldn't be a mentor character to Mari when no such relationship has existed before. Mari should have her own supporting cast.
    I agree, maybe a like some comradry and WW drops some nuggets of wisdom sometimes but WW shouldn't straight up mentor Vixen like Ironman to Spider-Man. the movies have done a decent job of having characters who can do their own thing independent of the others, I don't think breaking that trend is worth it; especially since it wouldn't add anything interesting to the character. If Vixen shows up in any Wonder Woman movie it should be like how they did Black Panther and Spider-Man in civil war, she pops in and does some cool **** then she's out. Outside that, Vixen should be her own thing explored and formed in her own movie.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I'm thinking she should also be able to access the genius-level intelligence of Mr. Terrific, Batman and Lex Luthor, since they are animals, too. And just imagine if she combined the intelligence of Grodd, Batman, Luthor and Terrific.
    I'm kind of on the fence with Vixen mimicking humans...while I think she should do it. I feel since her powers have no range she needs a limit when it comes to human abilities. Maybe a time limit, or fear of their personality taking her over (like what happened with Grodd) or have her drain powers/skill like she did in the JLA.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    You could have WW be a mentor to a young Mari in a potential WW3 film. So when you do a Vixen solo movie you can still have the novelty of seeing an adult Mari on her own while still having that connection to fall back on if you need it.

That's if they decide to continue doing period pieces for WW solo movies. Vixen feels like someone in their early 30s/late 20s so you could do a early 2000/2010s piece if you want.
    No thanks. That's JUST like Carol Danvers being a "mentor/inspiration" to a young Monica Rambeau in the "Captain Marvel" movie. It's problematic. Notice how when Black Panther debuted in the MCU, he just showed up kicking butts without being mentored or inspired by anyone except HIS FATHER. That's how Vixen should show up... kicking butts and motivated/inspired by herself or HER ancestors.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm kind of on the fence with Vixen mimicking humans...while I think she should do it. I feel since her powers have no range she needs a limit when it comes to human abilities. Maybe a time limit, or fear of their personality taking her over (like what happened with Grodd) or have her drain powers/skill like she did in the JLA.
    The fear of someone else's personality taking over Vixen's mind sounds interesting, kind of like what happens to Rogue when she absorbs someone's memories and stuff.

Extraordinary Member

From my understanding her power does not replicate the abilities of an specific individual (unless during the short time in JL where her power was not working like it usually does). If she would mimic the abilities of a Human, she would from my understanding mimic abilities of a generic Human.
    Apart from this genius-level intelligence without the necessary knowledge/education is not that useful.

Right, as Superman did point out to her...which she already knew. I was meaning to post that earlier.

RCO017.jpg

The fear of someone else's personality taking over Vixen's mind sounds interesting, kind of like what happens to Rogue when she absorbs someone's memories and stuff.
    I just reread the story and it seems Grodd's mental powers played a part in her going crazy too. Though this a good thing storywise, the longer she uses Grodd's powers, the more she acts like him

Vixen Vs Grodd1.jpg

Vixen Vs Grodd2.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-27-2019 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    From my understanding her power does not replicate the abilities of an specific individual (unless during the short time in JL where her power was not working like it usually does). If she would mimic the abilities of a Human, she would from my understanding mimic abilities of a generic Human.
    Apart from this genius-level intelligence without the necessary knowledge/education is not that useful.
    She seems to gains the person's knowledge whenever she uses the human abilities.

RCO007_w.jpg

w8omu0.jpg

Now at the start, she seemed unaware of how to do this...

RCO018.jpg