Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Have we ever discussed possibly giving Vixen a villain who is basically an evil version of Storm? Perhaps replace the wind/air totem with a weather totem or have a villain who can create/manipulate the weather and cause Vixen nothing but trouble?

Maybe this character could be called Tempest or something... or maybe Gale or Monsoon.
    Isn't Garth called Tempest?

Do you all think Vixen looks like Rihanna or Jada Pinkett Smith in this illustration?

I saw on Deviant Art where some people were saying she looks like Rihanna and others were saying she looks like Jada. To me, Vixen in this picture doesn't look like either one of them. I also don't think Rihanna and Jada look alike at all.

Jada:

Rihanna: (not quite the same hairstyle, but none of the other pictures with her in braids/cornrows seemed to match the Vixen illustration)

I've always said this particular depiction of Vixen always looked a lot like Rihanna to me. Her hair looks like Jada's in the picture you posted but beyond that I don't see Jada here.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Vixen really should have her own solo ongoing book. With all of that different "force" stuff they have going on in Flash's book these days, they can easily adapt the different totems story line they had in Vixen's webseries. Plus they have the different "rings" from the Green Lantern mythos from a few years back, so I don't see why they can't create this type of mythos for Vixen and have her deal with different totem wearers in her own solo comic book.

Spirit/Tantu totem: Vixen

Water totem: Kuasa

Fire totem: Eshu

Earth totem: ?

Air totem: ?

Death totem: ?

Speaking of totems, I saw this online: https://www.etsy.com/listing/5991551...SABEgLtnvD_BwE
    To be honest I did not like the idea of the elemental totems. Having the other totems seems too gimmicky for me, just like the multiple "forces" in Flash as well as all the different lantern rings/Corps. That being said, I do like the idea of Tabu wearing the mystical but evil mask that grants her abilities similar to the Tantu Totem so I'm not the best to go by.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Have we ever discussed possibly giving Vixen a villain who is basically an evil version of Storm? Perhaps replace the wind/air totem with a weather totem or have a villain who can create/manipulate the weather and cause Vixen nothing but trouble?

Maybe this character could be called Tempest or something... or maybe Gale or Monsoon.
    There is always Typhoon:

Although after Doomsday Clock I'm not sure if he would still be a good pick.

250px-Felixfaust.PNG.jpg

Personally I think a magic user like Felix Faust would be more interesting. I would love to see her pulled more into the magic side of DC.

I can easily see him trying take the totem to try to control all lifw.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-16-2019 at 11:42 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Felix would make a great villain for Vixen and I agree 100% that she definitely needs to explore the mystical side of the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    250px-Felixfaust.PNG.jpg

Personally I think a magic user like Felix Faust would be more interesting. I would love to see her pulled more into the magic side of DC.

I can easily see him trying take the totem to try to control all lifw.

I think his daughter Fauna would be a better foe for Vixen with her animal control powers.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Fauna_Faust_(New_Earth)

Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man and Zookeeper might be interesting choices as well or possible a Kraven the Hunter type character.
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 02-16-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Spectacular Member

Maybe they could try the three animals from the Anansi miths (The god who give her ancestors the Totem) by having three persons get totem with similar or different powers.
    Basically, Anansi asked Nyame (the west Africa version of Zeus) which price he wanted for his stories. He asked Anansi to bring him Onini the python, Osebo the Leopard, and the Mboro Hornets ( a wasp). He tricked and captured them, and so Nyame made him the god of stories. I guess the guys are quite pissed with him, and Vixen being his champion would make her a target for their wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromor View Post
    Maybe they could try the three animals from the Anansi miths (The god who give her ancestors the Totem) by having three persons get totem with similar or different powers.
    Basically, Anansi asked Nyame (the west Africa version of Zeus) which price he wanted for his stories. He asked Anansi to bring him Onini the python, Osebo the Leopard, and the Mboro Hornets ( a wasp). He tricked and captured them, and so Nyame made him the god of stories. I guess the guys are quite pissed with him, and Vixen being his champion would make her a target for their wrath.
    Interesting ideas. It reminds me of the Anansi hero fromt he Static Shock cartoon as well his foes Osebo, Onini, and M'boro. Vixen having mystical/demi-god villains like them would be fun.

I remember a few years ago, Jada said she would love to play Vixen in a movie.
    When Suicide Squad featuring her husband Will Smith was making the rounds, Jada expressed interest in a sequel with Vixen...

Jada is cool but I would rather have someone else play Vixen. Preferably someone younger.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bromor View Post
    That would be totally cool, and the three beasties in question happen to be ones that would make for good visuals and cool powers. A Mboro who can dissolve into a swarm of wasps could be interesting, and Osebo having power similar to the Wonder Woman foe, the Cheetah, etc. Having *three* villains show up as a group could be even more interesting than just one 'tailored nemesis.'

I'm not sure who Garth is, but it wouldn't surprise me if the name "Tempest" was already taken by another comic book character. There might even be an alternate-universe Storm named Tempest, or an alternate-universe child of hers named that.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    To be honest I did not like the idea of the elemental totems. Having the other totems seems too gimmicky for me, just like the multiple "forces" in Flash as well as all the different lantern rings/Corps. That being said, I do like the idea of Tabu wearing the mystical but evil mask that grants her abilities similar to the Tantu Totem so I'm not the best to go by.
    Yeah, Tabu should be resurrected somehow.

I'm not sure who Garth is, but it wouldn't surprise me if the name "Tempest" was already taken by another comic book character. There might even be an alternate-universe Storm named Tempest, or an alternate-universe child of hers named that.
    Garth, AKA Tempest is a member of the Aquamn-Family and the original Aquald:

He has various mystical abilities as well Atlantean super-strength second only to Aquaman.
    Last edited by nj06; 02-16-2019 at 07:26 PM.