Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so has she made any appearances on the DC Super Hero Girls show? It would seem to be an obvious venue.
    Nope bumblby is the token

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so has she made any appearances on the DC Super Hero Girls show? It would seem to be an obvious venue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Vixen did appear briefly in a DC Superhero Girls episode called "Wild Side Part 2" before they rebooted the show on Cartoon Network:

Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Vixen can float like a butterfly and sting like an Executioner Wasp:

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Whoa...i was thinking the same thing. Lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Too bad Lockjaw from the Inhumans doesn't exist in the DC Universe because if he did, Vixen could mimic his teleporting abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Too bad Lockjaw from the Inhumans doesn't exist in the DC Universe because if he did, Vixen could mimic his teleporting abilities.
    Maybe if she goes the mystical route, she could mimic the abilities of Unicorns...some stories have them teleporting anywhere.

We need more Vixen in the comics badly. She is so under-utilized!
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

We need more Vixen in the comics badly. She is so under-utilized!
    she should be a regular in the Justice League again. Also another team where she can be the leader. Something with an Africa/global focus.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Maybe if she goes the mystical route, she could mimic the abilities of Unicorns...some stories have them teleporting anywhere.
    Hmmm...that's very interesting. I didn't know that about unicorns.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Hmmm...that's very interesting. I didn't know that about unicorns.
    I would love to make it seem like I'm all-knowing but I just watched a thing on D&D Unicorns. lol

Incredible Member

I've been thinking about Vixen, and I was thinking of how I would love to see Vixen's story move forward in the D.C. Universe. I've been thinking about an origin story for her titled: Vixen: Story of a Woman

For this story, I would incorporate elements of African Spirituality. I know that encompasses a lot of religions and spirituality, but I would make it kind of a hodgepodge of idealities.

Main Characters"
    Vixen
    Professor Macalester
    Kuasa (In this they are not sisters. Just best friends). Kuasa is a Tarot card reader and practices in Hoodoo, which she uses to cast light spells, speak to ancestors for guidance, and travel the world through the astral Plane.
    Bastet- Vixen's black and gold cat.

Setting:
    A fictional large city in Africa. The city would have afro-futuristic elements, a large fashion industry (for Vixen), a large research university, and Vixen has the type of home, car and Sex and the City type lifestyle that would make any woman envious.

Main Villains:
    Enchantress
    Felix Faust
    Vandal Savage (Vixen's arch nemesis)

Powers:
    Vixen has the ability to mimic animal abilities (of course), it is also textually evident that she creates constructs around her, and she can communicate with animals through her totem.

Story:
    As an origin story, we will see Vixen's home village destroyed and her parents killed. She will be adopted by a loving family in this fictional African city may be located somewhere in Nigeria. Vixen is a successful model, dates Dr. M, but Felix Faust and Enchantress are after her amulet. They team together because the amulet is the key to harnessing the abilities of Anansi and can provide the person who knows how, the abilities and immortality of a God. Through the knowlege of Dr. M, and the spiritual abilities of Kuasa and Vixen's own martial arts and animal mimicry powers, she is able to defeat this unholy duo.

However, near the ending, she discovers that the two were not working alone. They were working for the man who ordered her village killed, so he could take the amulet and have the powers of Anansi for himself. They were working for Vandal Savage.

Vandal Savage, as an immortal and with his vast resources, could be a perfect foil and arch-nemesis for Vixen. This gives Vixen a more intimate connection to the larger DC universe - especially when Vandal is involved - but Savage's resources can also provide for a large variety of enemy types and locations of enemies. I want Vixen to travel a lot as a world-renowned model.

This is, of course, her first arc, but moving forward I would base Vixen's allies and enemies off various African myths, gods, folklore and figures.

Vixen would be a horror/magic/spiritual book that could be unique to Vixen's character and lore. (I was thinking a hero based on the Brer Rabbit myths. Maybe with some type of illusion powers to be Vixen's sometimes ally).

Anyway, this is just what I was thinking until D.C. does something more with the character.
    Last edited by PopQuezy; 12-26-2019 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I've been thinking about Vixen, and I was thinking of how I would love to see Vixen's story move forward in the D.C. Universe. I've been thinking about an origin story for her titled: Vixen: Story of a Woman

For this story, I would incorporate elements of African Spirituality. I know that encompasses a lot of religions and spirituality, but I would make it kind of a hodgepodge of idealities.

Main Characters"
    Vixen
    Professor Macalester
    Kuasa (In this they are not sisters. Just best friends). Kuasa is a Tarot card reader and practices in Hoodoo, which she uses to cast light spells, speak to ancestors for guidance, and travel the world through the astral Plane.
    Bastet- Vixen's black and gold cat.

Setting:
    A fictional large city in Africa. The city would have afro-futuristic elements, a large fashion industry (for Vixen), a large research university, and Vixen has the type of home, car and Sex and the City type lifestyle that would make any woman envious.

Main Villains:
    Enchantress
    Felix Faust
    Vandal Savage (Vixen's arch nemesis)

Powers:
    Vixen has the ability to mimic animal abilities (of course), it is also textually evident that she creates constructs around her, and she can communicate with animals through her totem.

Story:
    As an origin story, we will see Vixen's home village destroyed and her parents killed. She will be adopted by a loving family in this fictional African city may be located somewhere in Nigeria. Vixen is a successful model, dates Dr. M, but Felix Faust and Enchantress are after her amulet. They team together because the amulet is the key to harnessing the abilities of Anansi and can provide the person who knows how, the abilities and immortality of a God. Through the knowlege of Dr. M, and the spiritual abilities of Kuasa and Vixen's own martial arts and animal mimicry powers, she is able to defeat this unholy duo.

However, near the ending, she discovers that the two were not working alone. They were working for the man who ordered her village killed, so he could take the amulet and have the powers of Anansi for himself. They were working for Vandal Savage.

Vandal Savage, as an immortal and with his vast resources, could be a perfect foil and arch-nemesis for Vixen. This gives Vixen a more intimate connection to the larger DC universe - especially when Vandal is involved - but Savage's resources can also provide for a large variety of enemy types and locations of enemies. I want Vixen to travel a lot as a world-renowned model.

This is, of course, her first arc, but moving forward I would base Vixen's allies and enemies off various African myths, gods, folklore and figures.

Vixen would be a horror/magic/spiritual book that could be unique to Vixen's character and lore. (I was thinking a hero based on the Brer Rabbit myths. Maybe with some type of illusion powers to be Vixen's sometimes ally).

Anyway, this is just what I was thinking until D.C. does something more with the character.
    Sounds good to me. Send it to DC, see what they say.

I might throw my own idea out there tomorrow.

I just thought of an idea, how about a story where Vixen get sent in to depose Red Lion and liberate Burundia. it would be a funny concept to have DC's premier african hero face off against a pastiche of Marvel's premier african hero; plus it's something big enough to span a decent amount if issues with an enemy that she could regularly butt heads with down the road.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I just thought of an idea, how about a story where Vixen get sent in to depose Red Lion and liberate Burundia. it would be a funny concept to have DC's premier african hero face off against a pastiche of Marvel's premier african hero; plus it's something big enough to span a decent amount if issues with an enemy that she could regularly butt heads with down the road.
    I had a similar idea for a story about Vixen going up against Red Lion, but it was a comical story about her going to his country to bring him back to the United States because he had turned down Amanda Waller for a date. And since The Wall was mad, she sent Vixen in to apprehend him.