Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    My head cannon for stuff like that is if she needed to sting or peck someone she would just use her hands and nails. For example, the substances of a scorpions stinger is in her nails when she channels the scorpion.
    Yeah, I've always thought the same thing.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    DC comics has freaking NK Jemisin who is a black female novelist that writes fantasy and science fiction in their midst, they could have hired her to expand on Vixen, one of the two prominent black girls DC comics has. Despite Vixen not being a magic character, I could just imagine the rich fantasy like mythology NK could have written in regards to the totem being created by an African God, hell she could have even done something more with the Red, but instead they hired NK Jemisin to write for a new character in an imprint, and while I'm happy for an afrofutrism book, I wish that creativity was put to use on a character that I feel is owed some attention.

Idk who Jewel Smith and Ken Lashley is (I will have to check them out), but if DC hired them it would probably be for a new character in an imprint as well ...unfortunately.

Lol no, in this context "oof" is just the verbal sound you might make if you were shoved not a text acronym.

I literally made a verbal sound of pain after reading Vixen describe her powers so 'oof'.
    Jemisin likely took the job with the stipulation that she could write whatever project she pleased. DC is not in a position where they can tell a Hugo winning writer what she can and can not do for them.

As far as i know, she has never bitten anyone to inject poison, she usually uses skin to skin contact. I'm assuming she could coat her nails in poison on transform into a hybrid form. Are like a Green Lantern create an energy avatar to inject the poison.

Her powers are magical...so anything is possible.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 05-15-2019 at 01:34 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    More examples of why Vixen is a walking weapon:

Wtf is that, I hope that thumbnail is a toy...

But yes even limiting Vixen's powers to just insects makes her formidable.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    My head cannon for stuff like that is if she needed to sting or peck someone she would just use her hands and nails. For example, the substances of a scorpions stinger is in her nails when she channels the scorpion.
    Yes it would be her nails, I think the consistent thing in comics has been that Vixen's nails become a bit longer and sharper when she's using her powers or at least it's been drawn that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Jemisin likely took the job with the stipulation that she could write whatever project she pleased. DC is not in a position where they can tell a Hugo winning writer what she can and can not do for them.
    That doesn't make any sense, no matter what awards is under NK's belt, she is still a hired writer, a hired writer that can be fired like anybody else. I'm sure as a 3 time Hugo award winning writer she is given freedom to write whatever and she is allowed to demand things in the contract but DC is still her boss when it comes to that book.

Besides as NK said on twitter when the book was first announced, Gerard Way/DC reached out to her months ago to do a green lantern book, so I know just from that DC could have reached out and hired her to do anything else.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Incredible Member

Do you guys think Vixen could fit with JL: Dark? In the old Vixen thread someone explained how her powers would work on a more magical/spiritual level since Vixen isn't tied to the red supposedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Do you guys think Vixen could fit with JL: Dark? In the old Vixen thread someone explained how her powers would work on a more magical/spiritual level since Vixen isn't tied to the red supposedly.
    I think she could work on this team. I also thought her powers were connected to the Red somewhat, all thru the power of Anansi's magic.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

She'd be a good fit. Her powers are a kind of magic which you could explore further.

It would be intresting to see her on that team. Also, her powers are connected to "The Red" through magic.
    RCO011.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 05-28-2019 at 05:46 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member

she should be working alongside wonderwoman

She had a guest spot in Heroes in Crisis #9. It was a session testimonial that intercuts the main action (this happens frequently with other characters)- any thoughts on what she was talking about?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    She had a guest spot in Heroes in Crisis #9. It was a session testimonial that intercuts the main action (this happens frequently with other characters)- any thoughts on what she was talking about?
    Yeah, I was curious about that, too. I thought it was a reference to a Vixen story I'd never read.

I have no idea what her appearance in HIC #9 means, I could infer some things I guess but maybe the scene in it's most basic form means Vixen just has a problem opening up on her own but that wouldn't explain why the word 'ask' was bolded.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Didn't like her confession. It was a chance to express herself whether in heroics, fame or modeling and nothing. I thought the tiger part was a mention of Bronze Tiger but thats just me.