Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

I've come more and more to the conclusion that Tom King simply has no idea on how to write women, so I'm not sure how much I'd try to get from Vixen's statement in Heroes in Crisis #9.

But she also appears in Batman: Last Knight on Earth #1:

Batman - Last Knight on Earth (2019) 001-039.jpg
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Incredible Member

Vixen_(DC_Comics_character).jpg

So I've been thinking about a couple of things with Vixen. Get ready for a long winded exposition of my thoughts and ideas for Mari.

The first being Vixen powers and some ideas from her old appreciation thread. Some mention that her focus on her powers should be more spiritualist in nature and that she should have a more shaman aspect. I feel like that is a cool idea especially since in different media she has been able to talk and summon animals. I would say this could go a little farther and use the animal spirits in the totem to attack as well. Also she could have an Avatar like state where she compiles all the spirits in her at the same time. She could even communicate with Tantu (is that his name?) the first totem bearer.

In the old thread it was stated that Animal mans daughter is supposed to be the best Avatar of the red. How about instead of being connected to the red Mari is connected to a force called Celestial which would explain why she can use the abilities of Mystical Animals. Anansi had tricked an evil Ancient Celestial that had the ability of using the spirit of every creature and sealed it inside Tantu. Anansi then gave Tantu the totem so that the power of spirits wouldn't drive him mad. I'm still kind of working on that a little.

On to supporting cast, since Mari lost her family at such an early age I feel like she should be the opposite of Bruce amd surrounds herself with people she likes and cares for instead of being distance. Her reformed Sister is now someone she is close with. Her spirits would lead her to a boy about 14 in need of mentorship with his new found magic powers. He would be her literal support character like a white mage. This goes back to how someone wanted beast boy to be her sidekick and would give a chance for a female hero to have a male sidekick. Her love interest could be Bronze tiger or someone new entirely. Someone mentioned having Animal being her mentor, but I say have Tantu or some other previous totem Bearer be her mentor to keep it in her own world. Basically flesh out her own characters and world. I do like the idea of her being friends with Donna, Starfire, and other female heroes.

For her adventure I would say go full out on magic. Personally I feel like she wouldn't fit in spy stories like many suggestions on her previous threads, but magic and spirits would well with her and her ties to Anansi. Create an enemy like Sin from final fantasy X. Allow Vixen to travel the world meeting different spirits that she will be able to summon once a day for help. Allow her to go to a spirit world.

I feel like she can be such a big character with some imagination and break out of the trend of having Black characters centered around neighborhood clean up. She can still send positive political statements, without being tied down. Sorry for the rambling but it just sucks seeing such a good character go to waste. While granted not being used at all is better than being written poorly or character assassinated, is still sucks she only appear in cameos.

I thought about Doctor Mist as a potential mentor but her grandmother might be better.

Nice Work.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Vixen_(DC_Comics_character).jpg

So I've been thinking about a couple of things with Vixen. Get ready for a long winded exposition of my thoughts and ideas for Mari.

The first being Vixen powers and some ideas from her old appreciation thread. Some mention that her focus on her powers should be more spiritualist in nature and that she should have a more shaman aspect. I feel like that is a cool idea especially since in different media she has been able to talk and summon animals. I would say this could go a little farther and use the animal spirits in the totem to attack as well. Also she could have an Avatar like state where she compiles all the spirits in her at the same time. She could even communicate with Tantu (is that his name?) the first totem bearer.

In the old thread it was stated that Animal mans daughter is supposed to be the best Avatar of the red. How about instead of being connected to the red Mari is connected to a force called Celestial which would explain why she can use the abilities of Mystical Animals. Anansi had tricked an evil Ancient Celestial that had the ability of using the spirit of every creature and sealed it inside Tantu. Anansi then gave Tantu the totem so that the power of spirits wouldn't drive him mad. I'm still kind of working on that a little.

On to supporting cast, since Mari lost her family at such an early age I feel like she should be the opposite of Bruce amd surrounds herself with people she likes and cares for instead of being distance. Her reformed Sister is now someone she is close with. Her spirits would lead her to a boy about 14 in need of mentorship with his new found magic powers. He would be her literal support character like a white mage. This goes back to how someone wanted beast boy to be her sidekick and would give a chance for a female hero to have a male sidekick. Her love interest could be Bronze tiger or someone new entirely. Someone mentioned having Animal being her mentor, but I say have Tantu or some other previous totem Bearer be her mentor to keep it in her own world. Basically flesh out her own characters and world. I do like the idea of her being friends with Donna, Starfire, and other female heroes.

For her adventure I would say go full out on magic. Personally I feel like she wouldn't fit in spy stories like many suggestions on her previous threads, but magic and spirits would well with her and her ties to Anansi. Create an enemy like Sin from final fantasy X. Allow Vixen to travel the world meeting different spirits that she will be able to summon once a day for help. Allow her to go to a spirit world.

I feel like she can be such a big character with some imagination and break out of the trend of having Black characters centered around neighborhood clean up. She can still send positive political statements, without being tied down. Sorry for the rambling but it just sucks seeing such a good character go to waste. While granted not being used at all is better than being written poorly or character assassinated, is still sucks she only appear in cameos.
    This is a pretty good idea. Plus they can probably bring Equinox out of limbo and have her be Vixen’s sidekick, hell I would really like for her rogues gallery and a “family” (like Batman or Superman’s) of hers to be nature themed.
    Last edited by BlackClaw; 06-07-2019 at 02:57 AM.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Once again, I feel the need to bring up my idea for a nature themed superhero team led by Mari.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Primal Force

Premise:

10,000 years ago, Earth was invaded by the Kuratha, an alien force from another dimension who sought it as a new home to replace the one they had destroyed with their pollution and war fare. Standing between us and complete annihilation was the Primal Force, an alliance of deities, spirits and warriors empowered by nature. The Kuratha were defeated and driven out of Earth. Or so it seemed. In reality, the Kuratha remnants assimilated into human culture and have spent time since their defeat taking advantage of human pollution for the arrival of another invasion. Now a new Primal Force must be assembled.

Mari McCabe (Vixen) - leader

Alba Garcia (Black Orchid)

M'Bulaze (Impala)

Dominic Mndawe (Freedom Beast)

Zoraida, an elf

Miiyahbin Marten (Equinox)

Pamela Isley (Poison Ivy)

Jake Trujillo (Black Condor)

Sky Alchesay

Ya'Wara

Atlee, the third Terra would feature as an occasional ally.

Incredible Member

I wish Vixen could have been in Justice League Dark with all the magic issues happening. Some people might say she wouldn't fit, but you could make a case where her animal spirits turned into demon spirits, kind of like what happened to Beast Boy when he went to fight Trigon. Anansi rewrites the totem to allow her to control the demons and use their ability. She for the time being is a Demon queen.

I wish Vixen could have been in Justice League Dark with all the magic issues happening. Some people might say she wouldn't fit, but you could make a case where her animal spirits turned into demon spirits, kind of like what happened to Beast Boy when he went to fight Trigon. Anansi rewrites the totem to allow her to control the demons and use their ability. She for the time being is a Demon queen.
    Its less about powerset and more about cast size. Tynion wanted a smaller cast and probably had the team picked out already.

Vixen just didn't make the cut.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Its less about powerset and more about cast size. Tynion wanted a smaller cast and probably had the team picked out already.

Vixen just didn't make the cut.
    That's fair enough though this series has had a cameo of many characters at least throughout this. I wish she could hace at least shown up in the magic bar. Even Frankenstein's Monster and his squad had a cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    She had a guest spot in Heroes in Crisis #9. It was a session testimonial that intercuts the main action (this happens frequently with other characters)- any thoughts on what she was talking about?
    Does anyone have any scans?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

At the 13:57 mark, this video says that a statue of Vixen can be seen in a museum alongside other Justice League member statues in the "Justice League vs. the Fatal Five" animated movie:

Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Incredible Member

RCO008.jpg

I though this was cool, Vixen being able to keep up with the flash. I remember a lot of people arguing about the Flash should have caught Vixen in her web-series, wish I found this sooner.

RCO008.jpg

I though this was cool, Vixen being able to keep up with the flash. I remember a lot of people arguing about the Flash should have caught Vixen in her web-series, wish I found this sooner.
    I think during this moment, Vixen's powers were going haywire. So she was not actually mimicking the speed of a cheetah to keep up with Flash but instead was actually mimicking Flash's speed-powers.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

That's fair enough though this series has had a cameo of many characters at least throughout this. I wish she could hace at least shown up in the magic bar. Even Frankenstein's Monster and his squad had a cameo.
    Try asking Tynion about her on Twitter/social media.
    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Does anyone have any scans?
    https://insidepulse.com/wp-content/u...ssionals-2.jpg

I'd like to see Vixen use the mimicking abilities of a lyre bird and a mimic octopus at the same time to cause diversions.

Last edited by MoneySpider; 06-17-2019 at 04:37 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I'd like to see Vixen use the mimicking abilities of a lyre bird and a mimic octopus at the same time to cause diversions.

I wonder how many sounds they can memorize?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.