Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Right, as Superman did point out to her...which she already knew. I was meaning to post that earlier.

Attachment 86221

I just reread the story and it seems Grodd's mental powers played a part in her going crazy too. Though this a good thing storywise, the longer she uses Grodd's powers, the more she acts like him

Attachment 86216

Attachment 86217
    I could see Vixen tapping into Batman's brain and then as a side effect becoming obsessed with making contingency plans. Only she'd use animals to take down the entire Justice League. LOL
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Extraordinary Member

She seems to gains the person's knowledge whenever she uses the human abilities.
    But that was during the time, where her powers were not working normally, and and stole powers from the other heros and not from animals. (And didn't she had to be near the hero she was stealing from to do that?)

When her powers are working the normal way and are mimicking Animal Powers, she can't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I'm not saying "NO" to this...I'm just not sure how they came to this conclusion. There no reason she couldn't be part of the Royal/Ruling class of Zambesi.

As a matter of fact that opens up a whole new avenue of story possibility for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But that was during the time, where her powers were not working normally, and and stole powers from the other heros and not from animals. (And didn't she had to be near the hero she was stealing from to do that?)

When her powers are working the normal way and are mimicking Animal Powers, she can't do that.
    How do you know this?
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-27-2019 at 11:11 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Just came across the cover of Vixen's solo series that was cancelled due to DC's 1978 implosion.

Extraordinary Member

How do you know this?
    The whole Arc was about her powers working completely different then normally.
    And you never see her do that when her powers are usually.

I don't get why all people here this thread bring up this short time on JLA where her powers worked differently as argument again and again. That was for a specific story and is not representative of what her powers normally do.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Just came across the cover of Vixen's solo series that was cancelled due to DC's 1978 implosion.

You can read the whole story online. Its kind of intresting as Vixen uses magic to gain her abilities.

The whole Arc was about her powers working completely different then normally.
    Her powers were acting differently because of Anansi testing her as his champion. Without the totem she is perfectly able to mimic the abilities of humans and animals.

AAMOF, tapping into a human actually clear her mind when it was overran by the power of the Red.

RCO012.jpg
    RCO013.jpg

And you never see her do that when her powers are usually.
    See her do what? Use the skill of a bird to fly? Use the sonar of a bat for echo-location? Use the claws of a tiger to scratch?

The thoughts of animals are not that complicated.

I don't get why all people here this thread bring up this short time on JLA where her powers worked differently as argument again and again.
    I don't think we argue about it. We discuss it every once in a while but its never an argument.

We talk about it because its a aspect of her powers she doesn't use. Humans are animals too.

That was for a specific story and is not representative of what her powers normally do.
    Her powers are pretty wide what does she normally do?

Not trying to be a dick...just wondering where your thought are about her powers.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 08-28-2019 at 12:47 AM.

Incredible Member

As far as Vixens powers go she doesn't need anyone else's powers or abilities. Her siphoning off others makes it appear as though she doesn't have her own unique thoughts and abilities.

This was said in the old Vixen thread and I believe it is the best evolution of her powers.

"Vixen would draw more from the spiritual side of the Animal Kingdom. Since her connection is more from the Spirit realm she can summon the ghosts of animals to do her bidding and tap into the essence of living animals and animals long extinct. She also has the ability to awaken the animal aspect of human beings. She also possesses empathic link with animals with the drawback being that she often absorbs the characteristics of the animal she's linked to. Under certain conditions she temporary lend her animal powers to others. She can also control whoever wears the Tantu Totem. Apart from this she can see souls and astral project." She has this along side her normal powers with taking anyone else's.

Extraordinary Member

Her powers were acting differently because of Anansi testing her as his champion. Without the totem she is perfectly able to mimic the abilities of humans and animals.

AAMOF, tapping into a human actually clear her mind when it was overran by the power of the Red.

RCO012.jpg
    RCO013.jpg
    Yeah but this is still a different thing then puling specific powers and skills from other Superheros.
    That was something she was only able when her powers were acting wired.

Extraordinary Member

See her do what? Use the skill of a bird to fly? Use the sonar of a bat for echo-location? Use the claws of a tiger to scratch?

The thoughts of animals are not that complicated.
    That kind of "inherent abilities" every animal of this species has.
    The thing is when her powers work normally, she draws her powers from the Red and not from individual persons or animals, that means imo that she can copy general human or animal traits traits but not the powers or abilities of a specific individual.

When her powers were acting wired she was iirc not drawing power from the Red but directly from the people around her.

I think we're gonna agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    As far as Vixens powers go she doesn't need anyone else's powers or abilities. Her siphoning off others makes it appear as though she doesn't have her own unique thoughts and abilities.

This was said in the old Vixen thread and I believe it is the best evolution of her powers.

"Vixen would draw more from the spiritual side of the Animal Kingdom. Since her connection is more from the Spirit realm she can summon the ghosts of animals to do her bidding and tap into the essence of living animals and animals long extinct. She also has the ability to awaken the animal aspect of human beings. She also possesses empathic link with animals with the drawback being that she often absorbs the characteristics of the animal she's linked to. Under certain conditions she temporary lend her animal powers to others. She can also control whoever wears the Tantu Totem. Apart from this she can see souls and astral project." She has this along side her normal powers with taking anyone else's.
    this sounds like the most logical step in the evolution of Vixen's power, I feel like her stealing or copying other heroes' powers strays too far away from what makes her distinct as a character.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    this sounds like the most logical step in the evolution of Vixen's power, I feel like her stealing or copying other heroes' powers strays too far away from what makes her distinct as a character.
    Agreed, and there's (cartoon) precedent for a totem-user summoning 'spirit animals' to trample their foes, so I'd be a little more accepting of it.

But straight up using the super-powers of other heroes, under the squiffy premise that humans (and presumably Kryptonians and Amazons and Atlanteans) 'are animals, too?' Eh. Too big a departure from what makes *her* cool.

She doesn't need to steal other people's thunder. She's got her own thunder!

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    This is the continuation of our love for the gorgeous powerhouse from Zambesi: Mari(lyn) Jiwe McCabe... a.k.a. VIXEN!

this might be one of my favorite Vixen designs.

I'm trying to get into Vixen, what are some essential reads for her?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    this might be one of my favorite Vixen designs.

I'm trying to get into Vixen, what are some essential reads for her?
    Suicide Squad (1987)

Justice League of America (2006)

Vixen: Return of the Lion (2008)

Justice League: Cry for Justice (2009)

Justice League International (2011)

Vixen already copies the abilities of non-human animals, what's so wrong with her copying the ability of human animals, especially since she is an Animal Master? And again, when she did that it was by Anansi's design. He obviously had a reason why he wanted her to do that at that particular time. And if he decides he wants her to be able to do that again...

Even when she was weakening other heroes by taking their abilities, she was basically Rogue from the X-Men in those instances and people seem to think Rogue's powers are cool, right?
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 08-28-2019 at 07:13 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi