Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Suicide Squad (1987)

Justice League of America (2006)

Vixen: Return of the Lion (2008)

Justice League: Cry for Justice (2009)

Justice League International (2011)
    I didn't know Vixen was in Cry for Justice. Did she have a huge role in it? Hopefully she had more than a cameo...
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I didn't know Vixen was in Cry for Justice. Did she have a huge role in it? Hopefully she had more than a cameo...
    IIRC, she was a supporting character who got her leg broke by Prometheus. It was a mess of a story.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    IIRC, she was a supporting character who got her leg broke by Prometheus. It was a mess of a story.
    Made me realize that there really aren't that many comic series in which Vixen has been a main focus despite having been published since 1981. Return of the Lion is like her only comic series with her name in the title.
    Last edited by Electricmastro; 08-28-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Made me realize that there really aren't that many comic series in which Vixen has been a main focus despite having been published since 1981. Return of the Lion is like her only comic series with her name in the title.
    I won't try to pick that series up, then, since she was treated like that. This reminds of when Vixen got put into a coma in that Justice League International book some years ago. It's like writers conveniently forget that Vixen can easily heal her injuries.

I won't try to pick that series up, then, since she was treated like that. This reminds of when Vixen got put into a coma in that Justice League International book some years ago. It's like writers conveniently forget that Vixen can easily heal her injuries.
    I remember in Justice League of America a couple years (I think) there was an issue where she regenerated from what was definitely death, so I don't see how it's possible a broken leg or a coma would stop here. that was one of the things about Vixen that piqued my interest.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I remember in Justice League of America a couple years (I think) there was an issue where she regenerated from what was definitely death, so I don't see how it's possible a broken leg or a coma would stop here. that was one of the things about Vixen that piqued my interest.
    Yeah, when she resurrected herself, it was either late last year or earlier this year. That coma crap was years ago, back when the New 52 was "new."

Truthfully, some of her best character building takes place when she first joins the Justice League.

Luckily, most people forget she was in the horrible book.

She was the first black female superhero I saw in DC, so she always had a special place in my heart. Her ability to reform her entire body after total destruction just screams underused potential.

Vixen Refoms1.jpg

Vixen reforms2.jpg

Vixen Reforms3.jpg

"But lose the mask. I want them to KNOW who's coming." Just like John Stewart, Vixen doesn't want to hide her face behind a mask.

... Her ability to reform her entire body after total destruction just screams underused potential.
    Although I wouldn't want that to become overused like how Red Tornado gets blown apart in almost every appearance.

Incredible Member

Was looking through the old Vixen thread for ideas. Love interests where talked about for Vixen and the usual contenders were Bronze Tiger and John Stewart (with the occasional B'wana Beast in there). But Kurenai put this idea out there that I though was interesting:

"The idea of DC creating an OC also works, someone mentioned East Asian, that would be cool, you never see interracial relationships that doesn't involve half of the couple being white and particularly this kind of reminds me of the article with statistics that showed how black women are the least desirable women and asian men are the least desirable men so it's kind of like, they found each other through all the bullshit, plus an east asian male character being looked to as a romantic interest this is not common."

They also talked about storylines for Vixen which a lot of it. Included spy work, which I personally think wouldn't work too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Was looking through the old Vixen thread for ideas. Love interests where talked about for Vixen and the usual contenders were Bronze Tiger and John Stewart (with the occasional B'wana Beast in there). But Kurenai put this idea out there that I though was interesting:

"The idea of DC creating an OC also works, someone mentioned East Asian, that would be cool, you never see interracial relationships that doesn't involve half of the couple being white and particularly this kind of reminds me of the article with statistics that showed how black women are the least desirable women and asian men are the least desirable men so it's kind of like, they found each other through all the bullshit, plus an east asian male character being looked to as a romantic interest this is not common."

They also talked about storylines for Vixen which a lot of it. Included spy work, which I personally think wouldn't work too well.
    while I will love to see Bronze Tiger and Vixen back together (never liked her with John tbh), I think that would be a cool idea. I was thinking about that myself, how most interracial couple in media are white with x race (usually black), and I think putting Vixen with an all new east Asian male love interest could be cool; it would be interesting to see an interracial couple where the two cultures coming together have little to no eurocentric elements involved.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member

while I will love to see Bronze Tiger and Vixen back together (never liked her with John tbh), I think that would be a cool idea. I was thinking about that myself, how most interracial couple in media are white with x race (usually black), and I think putting Vixen with an all new east Asian male love interest could be cool; it would be interesting to see an interracial couple where the two cultures coming together have little to no eurocentric elements involved.
    A lot of people referred to him as a "bad boy" who would be an on and off lover. It's kind of sad to see that's what he's thought of as when he wasn't like that when he first appeared. Sucks that he's seen as a villain now.

They could always re-introduce Solomon Samuels as Vixen's love interest. They were dating in that unpublished first issue of her solo comic book.

You could always give him a redemption arc/subplot. If it works for Buffy and Angel....it could work for Vixen and Bronze Tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Although I wouldn't want that to become overused like how Red Tornado gets blown apart in almost every appearance.
    True, though I wish they would showcase her healing abilities more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post

I'm not against this but I still want John and Mari together. I loved them in JLU and enjoyed their little talk in JLA where she kind of called him Hal's boyfriend. LOL
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-01-2019 at 05:29 AM.