Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Other than 'The Other History of the DC Universe', where do we expect to see Vixen in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I think it's an annual thing and not so much a 100+ page thing. All appreciation threads were closed, even the smaller ones.
    Not the Deathstroke one.

*knocks on wood*

BANNED

It isn't a fun answer, but I feel Vixen is best off getting original villains specifically created to oppose her and compliment her as a character. Batman villains and Teen Titans villains were created for Batman and Teen Titans. For example, The Joker is a great opposition for Batman. He's spontaneous, happy, and likes to hurt people just because. Batman is carefully coordinated, sad and mad, and tries his best to protect the innocent. Superman has all these powers and selflessly helps others, while Lex Luthor is a regular guy who really only wants to help himself, and whenever he does do something good, it's to feed his own ego. I think a reason those characters work so well is because they compliment the heroes they were made to oppose.

That isn't to say characters from other corners of the DC Universe couldn't be used to good effect in a Vixen story, it's just that I think it's kinda' lazy, unpurposed, and goalless to take some other random characters from wherever and use them instead of wholeheartedly working to building a world specifically for Vixen to inhabit with its own distinct identity within the DC Universe. Also, I'm one of the rare fans of mainstream comics who is actually interested in seeing new things instead of the same old stuff over and again. Batman villains will always be knows as Batman villains and, for the most part, used primarily for Batman's enrichment. Not Vixen's. If they were to appear in Vixen's books, it would only be to help her in a faux way, I feel. That is, bringing Vixen more to the attention of Batman fans. But most of them will just come and go. I think if you really want to help Vixen in the long run, you would need to build her own world and fans of that specific world.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 01-12-2019 at 10:56 PM.

Not sure if these made it into the previous version of this thread, but . . .

from
    Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. XXV (March 1987)

And from what would have been Vixen #1 from back in 1978
    (but instead wound up in the infamous Cancelled Comics Cavalcade #2)
    :

Here's another comic book panel from her non-published comic book solo from 1978:

Vixen1p14CAFa.jpg

And here's an interview from 2014 from Vixen co-creator Gerry Conway on Vixen's creation:

http://www.comicosity.com/game-chang...nway-on-vixen/
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 01-27-2019 at 10:03 PM.

Incredible Member

f69728c223c631b4b656a321fd39442b_xl.jpg We really should see more of her

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Here's another comic book panel from her non-published comic book solo from 1978:

Vixen1p14CAFa.jpg

And here's an interview from 2014 from Vixen co-creator Gerry Conway on Vixen's creation:

http://www.comicosity.com/game-chang...nway-on-vixen/
    I actually have the entire issue on my computer somewhere. It's an interesting read and shows how Vixen got her power though a spell and dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Gonna see if I can get a copy.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 02-02-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Fantastic Member

Would like a mini-series where she teams with Buddy as there is a threat to the 'Red.'

I keep thinking the universe Vixen and Animal Man created in the old DCU should invade the current DC verse.

Maybe come here to kill the gods that created them.

Incredible Member

I always wondered if Anansi should play a bigger role in Vixen, but considering DC always portrays gods as evil (at least the male ones) it would be cool to see him work with Mari and guide her.

947d3ad038f5b59969abbd0ee5284115.jpg
    Last edited by Shockingjustice; 02-03-2019 at 12:05 AM.

I've always wanted to see the Anansi portrayed in the "Static Shock" animated series interact with Vixen and they have several adventures together. And I heard rumors when Dwayne McDuffie was alive that he planned (or at least wanted to) introduce THAT version of Anansi into the main DC Universe in the comics.

I liked McDuffie's version of Anansi because he was a superhero operating in Africa and he was definitely a trickster with his illusions and everything.

I've always wanted to see the Anansi portrayed in the "Static Shock" animated series interact with Vixen and they have several adventures together. And I heard rumors when Dwayne McDuffie was alive that he planned (or at least wanted to) introduce THAT version of Anansi into the main DC Universe in the comics.

I liked McDuffie's version of Anansi because he was a superhero operating in Africa and he was definitely a trickster with his illusions and everything.
    I loved this version as well! Would like to see him make an appearance in DC but it likely will never happen now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    Can you believe that notice did the DC twitter account tweet about this comic, only the San Diego zoo and the writer did.

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    Would like a mini-series where she teams with Buddy as there is a threat to the 'Red.'
    Yes, that's one of the few constants that Vixen has is her friendship with Buddy ...except in the new 52, I don't think it was highlighted there.

Do you all think Vixen looks like Rihanna or Jada Pinkett Smith in this illustration?

I saw on Deviant Art where some people were saying she looks like Rihanna and others were saying she looks like Jada. To me, Vixen in this picture doesn't look like either one of them. I also don't think Rihanna and Jada look alike at all.

Jada:

Rihanna: (not quite the same hairstyle, but none of the other pictures with her in braids/cornrows seemed to match the Vixen illustration)

Last edited by MoneySpider; 02-09-2019 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    It isn't a fun answer, but I feel Vixen is best off getting original villains specifically created to oppose her and compliment her as a character. Batman villains and Teen Titans villains were created for Batman and Teen Titans. For example, The Joker is a great opposition for Batman. He's spontaneous, happy, and likes to hurt people just because. Batman is carefully coordinated, sad and mad, and tries his best to protect the innocent. Superman has all these powers and selflessly helps others, while Lex Luthor is a regular guy who really only wants to help himself, and whenever he does do something good, it's to feed his own ego. I think a reason those characters work so well is because they compliment the heroes they were made to oppose.

That isn't to say characters from other corners of the DC Universe couldn't be used to good effect in a Vixen story, it's just that I think it's kinda' lazy, unpurposed, and goalless to take some other random characters from wherever and use them instead of wholeheartedly working to building a world specifically for Vixen to inhabit with its own distinct identity within the DC Universe. Also, I'm one of the rare fans of mainstream comics who is actually interested in seeing new things instead of the same old stuff over and again. Batman villains will always be knows as Batman villains and, for the most part, used primarily for Batman's enrichment. Not Vixen's. If they were to appear in Vixen's books, it would only be to help her in a faux way, I feel. That is, bringing Vixen more to the attention of Batman fans. But most of them will just come and go. I think if you really want to help Vixen in the long run, you would need to build her own world and fans of that specific world.
    While I agree with you on a certain level, I think giving her a major heroes villain like Poison Ivy or Killer Croc (Batman), Doctor Psycho or Cheetah (Wonder Woman), Parasite or Brainiac can be a quick way to get her readers. After you have them, come with a good story and a personal villain to keep them.

Do you all think Vixen looks like Rihanna or Jada Pinkett Smith in this illustration?

I saw on Deviant Art where some people were saying she looks like Rihanna and others were saying she looks like Jada. To me, Vixen in this picture doesn't look like either one of them. I also don't think Rihanna and Jada look alike at all.

Jada:

Rihanna: (not quite the same hairstyle, but none of the other pictures with her in braids/cornrows seemed to match the Vixen illustration)

Jada looking good.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    While I agree with you on a certain level, I think giving her a major heroes villain like Poison Ivy or Killer Croc (Batman), Doctor Psycho or Cheetah (Wonder Woman), Parasite or Brainiac can be a quick way to get her readers. After you have them, come with a good story and a personal villain to keep them.

Jada looking good.
    I'd say give her new villains. I hate for everyone to start thinking of her as a Batman supporting character. Besides Batman villains have enough exposure as is. If you want to showcase villains in her book have other heroes asking for her help rather than stealing those villains. That's what people were mad at the CW show ARROW for.