Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    One of my prized possessions
    Attachment 79687
    What did you think of the story?

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    If DC was smart they would push for a live action Vixen series on Netflix.
    Wouldn't they just put Vixen's show on their new streaming service?

A live-action Vixen series would be awesome but it would need the right team and budget. I would absolutely love it though. Especially seeing the animal avatars come to life.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Well, if I read the most recent "DC Previews" magazine correctly, Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane will both be getting their own ongoing solo books starting in June. I guess Vixen was at a modeling shoot when DC was just handing out solo books willy-nilly.

Also, the 249th issue of talking animals in "Looney Tunes" will be published in May. Meanwhile, Vixen, who can communicate with animals, can't even get Issue 1 of an ongoing book. At this point, I'd accept a Vixen ongoing book aimed at little kids. I'd happily pick up a monthly book of Vixen helping Road Runner evade Wile E. Coyote, or Elmer Fudd trying to hunt Vixen during "wabbit" season.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    What did you think of the story?
    I loved it, but Bronze Age DC Comics is my favorite era of comics.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Well, if I read the most recent "DC Previews" magazine correctly, Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane will both be getting their own ongoing solo books starting in June. I guess Vixen was at a modeling shoot when DC was just handing out solo books willy-nilly.

Also, the 249th issue of talking animals in "Looney Tunes" will be published in May. Meanwhile, Vixen, who can communicate with animals, can't even get Issue 1 of an ongoing book. At this point, I'd accept a Vixen ongoing book aimed at little kids. I'd happily pick up a monthly book of Vixen helping Road Runner evade Wile E. Coyote, or Elmer Fudd trying to hunt Vixen during "wabbit" season.
    Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane getting their own solos is not exciting to me in any way. I would much prefer if DC refocused that time and energy into creating a well written and drawn Vixen ongoing series.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane getting their own solos is not exciting to me in any way. I would much prefer if DC refocused that time and energy into creating a well written and drawn Vixen ongoing series.
    Yeah, I don't get how people can pitch Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane ongoings, but no one can apparently come up with a good enough Vixen pitch for DC to give her an ongoing. It's like, no one can come up with a good enough ongoing story for a superheroine with thousands of powers/abilities? It doesn't make any sense to me, ESPECIALLY since DC is more than willing to give ongoing solo titles to NEW characters who we've never heard of before.

Yeah, I don't get how people can pitch Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane ongoings, but no one can apparently come up with a good enough Vixen pitch for DC to give her an ongoing. It's like, no one can come up with a good enough ongoing story for a superheroine with thousands of powers/abilities? It doesn't make any sense to me, ESPECIALLY since DC is more than willing to give ongoing solo titles to NEW characters who we've never heard of before.
    True words. It would be great if DC was willing to take greater risks with their characters. Vixen has a ton of potential that is being wasted. The character deserves better.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Does anyone know of a color version of this cover?
    B5161C63-083D-4400-853B-FF893CF4250B.jpg
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

In the comics, does the general public know that Mari McCabe is also the superhero Vixen?

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    In the comics, does the general public know that Mari McCabe is also the superhero Vixen?
    I don’t *think* so but I’m not sure. Mari doesn’t wear a mask after all so her identity should be public knowledge but no one has ever really addressed how Vixen operates in regards to the general public.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I believe the public knows who she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Does anyone know of a color version of this cover?
    B5161C63-083D-4400-853B-FF893CF4250B.jpg
    Yeah, here's one:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 03-26-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t *think* so but I’m not sure. Mari doesn’t wear a mask after all so her identity should be public knowledge but no one has ever really addressed how Vixen operates in regards to the general public.
    she a supermodel like starfire so proably

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Her iD is publicly known in the new DC

RCO017_1486551512.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 03-26-2019 at 09:32 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Her iD is publicly known in the new DC

RCO017_1486551512.jpg
    Ah thank you for reminding me. That makes sense to me that she would be open about her ID and it does give her that hook of being a public hero when most DC heroes still have secret ID’s.