Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Attachment 77098

Variant cover for issue #9.
    Shane Davis is great (I'd love to see him do some interiors if Hitch needs a break!), but that's quite the departure from the beautiful painted variants we've had so far.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Shirtless Hawkman is best Hawkman .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Shirtless Hawkman is best Hawkman .
    Is there any other viable option?

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Well, Hawkworld green suit, but that's about it .

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Do you mean red suit...?

There was also the black leather fetish/biker costume
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Do you mean red suit...?

There was also the black leather fetish/biker costume
    It works for police officer Katar Hol. Why would a police officer of all people run around shirtless anyways?

But for reincarnated, warrior, Egyptian, prince Carter Hall shirtless is better and fits.

Vendittis recent appearance of Hawkword police officer Katar Hol in issue #4 had the full Hawkworld police uniform and it looked great.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 01-27-2019 at 08:53 PM.

Man, I gotta catch up. I finally made it to the LCS after months of being too busy, and they had forgotten to order the back issues I had asked for. Can't even be mad tho, dudes there are great and run a good shop, and in the......fourteen?......years I've been a customer there, I can count the number of mistakes they've made and still have fingers left over.

But dammit I was looking forward to seeing how this new series is.

Anyway! Question.....Shadow Thief. Fun silly name. Cool powers. Never been sold on him beyond that. Somebody sell me on Shadow Thief!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Man, I gotta catch up. I finally made it to the LCS after months of being too busy, and they had forgotten to order the back issues I had asked for. Can't even be mad tho, dudes there are great and run a good shop, and in the......fourteen?......years I've been a customer there, I can count the number of mistakes they've made and still have fingers left over.

Anyway! Question.....Shadow Thief. Fun silly name. Cool powers. Never been sold on him beyond that. Somebody sell me on Shadow Thief!
    hmm... funny, it's actually the powers that interests me. came across this though...

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I liked how the animated series tied him into Hath-Set, but ultimately, yeah, I was never really sold on him either.

I will say, however, that a guy who can live in someone's shadow really should be in the business of stealing secrets, not gems. He could be the proverbial fly-on-the-wall in any room where secrets are being exchanged and none would be the wiser....

How does Waller not having him on speed-dial?

It works for police officer Katar Hol. Why would a police officer of all people run around shirtless anyways?

Cultural differences. :P

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I liked how the animated series tied him into Hath-Set, but ultimately, yeah, I was never really sold on him either.

I will say, however, that a guy who can live in someone's shadow really should be in the business of stealing secrets, not gems. He could be the proverbial fly-on-the-wall in any room where secrets are being exchanged and none would be the wiser....

How does Waller not having him on speed-dial?
    Yeah, the JLU show had the best Shadow Thief and I loved how he was a manifestation of Carter's darker impulses. That was cool as sh*t, even if it was a huge departure from the usual "random thief with a cool toy" deal.

I'd definitely like to see him used for corporate espionage or something along those lines, and a role in the Suicide Squad would be choice, as well. I bet Waller would love to get her hands on him.

Really though, I feel like the Hawks don't have the best rogues gallery to begin with. They've got a couple great villains in the mix, but its mostly just dross. Lots of potential, but little of it realized. I've often wondered if the trick to making Hawkman (and Hawkgirl) really work is to start with their villains. Writers always seem to tackle the origin first, in their attempts to fix the Hawks, but perhaps they should start by making the villains more impressive instead?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Really though, I feel like the Hawks don't have the best rogues gallery to begin with. They've got a couple great villains in the mix, but its mostly just dross. Lots of potential, but little of it realized. I've often wondered if the trick to making Hawkman (and Hawkgirl) really work is to start with their villains. Writers always seem to tackle the origin first, in their attempts to fix the Hawks, but perhaps they should start by making the villains more impressive instead?
    Lots of potential but little realized, I agree.

I went on a Hawkman binge a couple of years back and followed all the pre-nu52 stuff. There is a bunch of interesting ones there; Shadow Thief, Gentleman Ghost, Byth and Fadeaway Man. The Hawks probably have the most visually distinct Rogues of all time.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Awesome pic. From.my favorite incarnation (heh) of Hawkman.