Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Today's issue was actually better than I expected.

It's a tie in to Year of the Villain and all the other nonsense going on but Venditti managed to make it stand on it's own and be a Hawkman story rather than an offshoot of those other events. So kudos for that.

With that being said, although the premise was good the action in the issue itself was just ok.

The last page is promising though.

Agreed, this issue was better than the previous ones that tied-into YotV crap.
    Yeah, YotV and post-Hitch era hit the book really hard, sadly.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Agreed, this issue was better than the previous ones that tied-into YotV crap.
    Yeah, YotV and post-Hitch era hit the book really hard, sadly.
    I mean, isn't DC editorial's current creed "can we please stop publishing books about heroes when we have villains?"

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Today's issue was actually better than I expected.

It's a tie in to Year of the Villain and all the other nonsense going on but Venditti managed to make it stand on it's own and be a Hawkman story rather than an offshoot of those other events. So kudos for that.

With that being said, although the premise was good the action in the issue itself was just ok.

The last page is promising though.

agreed but it's weird that they are using hawkwoman since in the justice league title she got out of the reincarnation cycle between the hawks I wonder how they will address this.

BANNED

wow Robert V is taking over Justice League which will give him access to carter,Hawkwoman and Hawkgirl....I smell incoming drama in 2020.

That could be really fun. I'm not sure if Shayera and Kendra have even interacted yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    That could be really fun. I'm not sure if Shayera and Kendra have even interacted yet.
    they did in Justice League.

BANNED

can't wait to see all the drama not that rob v is writhing all he hawks place your bets!

carterXkendra.jpg

Hawkwoman-and-Hawkman-kiss-1886.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    New iPhone Wallpaper set!

Thank you
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quick question from the hardcore Hakwman fans....Do you guys think that Nth Metal should be a Magic deterrent/be Anti-Magic in the Main DC Universe like it was for Hawkgirls Mace in the Justice League Cartoon?

I was just thinking how that could be a very cool plot point for Hawkman while also giving him and Hawkgirl a specific niche' in the DC Universe. They could be the go to's for dealing with Magic threats just due to their Nth Metal weapons and skills using them.

Thoughts?
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

I'd be okay with that. The current arc has had me thinking Hawkman would be a good fit for Justice League Dark anyway, but the Nth metal would be a great segue way to making it happen!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Do you think now that Robert v has all the hawk characters will he show us what happened to Shiera and how she split to kendra and Shayera?

By Andy Kubert HW_clipped_rev_1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Do you think now that Robert v has all the hawk characters will he show us what happened to Shiera and how she split to kendra and Shayera?

I think he has to address the Hawkgirl dynamic in the new reincarnation cycle at some point.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post

So, Sheira Hall was early 20th century, I thought. Then she reincarnated as Kendra.

And in the Thanagar arc of Justice League, Starman said Perpetua split her into both Kendra and Shayera to make her less powerful or something. Then he "fixed" them and Shayera was freed from the reincarnation cycle.