Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    why fight when you can share

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter...

I don't think they'd go there, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jennysparks View Post
    Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter...

I don't think they'd go there, though.
    Hey if the x-men will do it why not the hawks lol.

Astonishing Member

I cannot find a thread for the current comic (which worries me). So I'll post my ideas here.

While I am thrilled that Hawkman's Crime Syndicate counterpart is finally receiving the attention he long needed, I am less than thrilled about his name: Sky Tyrant.

Someone did not do their homework.

Johnny Quick, Owlman, Power Ring, Super Woman and Ultraman could all be names of heroes (and a few were). Sea King works for Aquaman (if unimpressive). Sky Tyrant looks and sounds like a Hawkman infected by the Batman Who Laughs.

I'm sure we can come up with a better name.

On the other hand, I like the Pinkerton Ghost and the Shadow Sheriff.
    Last edited by scary harpy; 12-11-2019 at 08:14 AM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I agree. The name Sky Tyrant and the look is...ok.

But Hawkmans villains team on Earth 3 who were heroes, Shadow theif, Lion mane, Gentleman ghost, ect were really cool and clever. I wouldn't mind seeing them again.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I agree. The name Sky Tyrant and the look is...ok.

But Hawkmans villains team on Earth 3 who were heroes, Shadow theif, Lion mane, Gentleman ghost, ect were really cool and clever. I wouldn't mind seeing them again.
    I just hope DC will show us how earth 3 and it's characters survived death and the earth's destruction I find it stupid how it was there in the young justice,justice league and superman titles without any explanation.

I just hope DC will show us how earth 3 and it's characters survived death and the earth's destruction I find it stupid how it was there in the young justice,justice league and superman titles without any explanation.
    Currently DC is playing fast and loose with Earth 3.
    One moment the evil JL are still there, the next they're missing. Then you have characters that don't adhere to the switched allegiance conceit like Stephanie Brown in YJ. And despite the whole good/evil switcheroo, the evil versions of the heroes are supposed to be in charge. So why did Shadow Sherif and co tell Sky Tyrant that he was under arrest as if they have some kind of authority.
    There's just no consistency to Earth 3 at the moment across the various books.
    #EmmaWasRight

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Currently DC is playing fast and loose with Earth 3.
    One moment the evil JL are still there, the next they're missing. Then you have characters that don't adhere to the switched allegiance conceit like Stephanie Brown in YJ. And despite the whole good/evil switcheroo, the evil versions of the heroes are supposed to be in charge. So why did Shadow Sherif and co tell Sky Tyrant that he was under arrest as if they have some kind of authority.
    There's just no consistency to Earth 3 at the moment across the various books.
    Editorial at DC has felt lackluster and underwhelming for a while now.

All-New Member

New issue this week!

How have sales been?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jennysparks View Post
    New issue this week!

How have sales been?
    not that good but with fewer titles from DC coming out I don't see and danger of it canceled.

All-New Member

not that good but with fewer titles from DC coming out I don't see and danger of it canceled.
    Oh, all right. Thank you.
    Last edited by jennysparks; 12-11-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Today's issue was pretty decent.

Fight with Hawkwoman was pretty good. It revealed Shayeras status a bit. Would have liked more though.

The revelation of Sky tyrants motivation was good. Pretty interesting twist.

The end cliffhanger I know is supposed to be big but as I didnt really care for Metal so didnt really do anything for me but could be interesting.

All in all a pretty good issue.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

I find it really weird that Carter doesn't even think about Shiera his wife it really weird that 19 issues in and he didn't even try to find out what happened to her and barely even think about her

I find it really weird that Carter doesn't even think about Shiera his wife it really weird that 19 issues in and he didn't even try to find out what happened to her and barely even think about her
    I hear that but the first 12 issues were dealing with Cartwe finding about his own self. Gotta figure out yourself before concentrating on others.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I hear that but the first 12 issues were dealing with Cartwe finding about his own self. Gotta figure out yourself before concentrating on others.
    Maybe but I find it weird that he thinks about Chay-Ara and deathbringer lady when seeing Shayera and even remembering being with her as katar but not remembering his wife?

All-New Member

It seems like he doesn't know Kendra exists when I've seen a couple of scenes/moments of them together in other books.

I remember very little about Metal, lol.