Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    I find it really weird that Carter doesn't even think about Shiera his wife it really weird that 19 issues in and he didn't even try to find out what happened to her and barely even think about her
    There seemed to be setup in the origin retcon that was never followed up on. Smells like editorial interference to me.

I know Shayera is popping up but I do think there's some kind of apprehension about dealing with Hawkgirl in this book.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know Shayera is popping up but I do think there's some kind of apprehension about dealing with Hawkgirl in this book.
    No doubt based on whatever Snyder has planned for her at the end of his JL run... *fingers crossed he doesn't kill her!*
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    No doubt based on whatever Snyder has planned for her at the end of his JL run... *fingers crossed he doesn't kill her!*
    seems she will be in Robert v JLA run at least from the covers standpoint.

All-New Member

I thought Shayera was removed from the reincarnation business.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Oh he'd better not! I mean, it's a superhero comic so she'd get better. But I still wouldn't like it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by jennysparks View Post
    Maybe they'll finally deal with that in-depth with Hawkman's new origin...

BANNED

maybe but having memories of centuries being lovers can't just make her forget carter just like that

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

maybe but having memories of centuries being lovers can't just make her forget carter just like that
    It's really strange that she's talked about their relationship in Snyder's Justice League but Venditti seems like he can't in Hawkman. Not even a reference. Maybe he actually wants to develop Carter as a solo hero for some reason, perhaps because he knows DC is going to distance them anyway?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It's really strange that she's talked about their relationship in Snyder's Justice League but Venditti seems like he can't in Hawkman. Not even a reference. Maybe he actually wants to develop Carter as a solo hero for some reason, perhaps because he knows DC is going to distance them anyway?

I Think Venditti did an interview where he said Shayera will be the hawkgirl that will be used in the title going forward probably because of Snyder's run on the JLA but after January Venditti takes over the title and maybe then carter and kendra and Shayera will have all the drama if kendra lives that is.

I just thought it was because Venditti didn't want to deal with her, but now he's using Shayera so...I dunno.

BANNED

Basically Earth 2 Hawkman (rest of the Hawkman merged in him and reborn over time space)with Hawk Harem.

Develop Carter as a solo hero is probably the right move, imo. Hawkgirl is the go to character when DC decides the JL need another female besides Diana, she is also the first option when they decide they need a romance on the league and Hawkman never comes off good from this, evento when he isn't in the book.

BANNED

So sensual and pretty .

For my money, the Hawks are the most passionate lovers in the DCU.

BANNED

IMG_20191216_170703.jpg

That's so sweet.