Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 224
  1. #151
    Astonishing Member liwanag's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,746

    Default


  2. #152
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    A nod to the classic storyline that introduced Zatanna to comics readers ?

  3. #153
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,418

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A nod to the classic storyline that introduced Zatanna to comics readers ?
    I just realized that I don't know how Zatanna started.

    I guess she was introduced in the Satellite era Justice League?

  4. #154
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I just realized that I don't know how Zatanna started.

    I guess she was introduced in the Satellite era Justice League?
    If I recall correctly she was properly introduced across several different titles while searching for her father.

  5. #155
    Astonishing Member MRP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    I just realized that I don't know how Zatanna started.

    I guess she was introduced in the Satellite era Justice League?
    Her first appearance was in Hawkman #4, it along with the extened storyline of her search for Zatara across several DC titles was reprinted ina trade that is now out of print...



    She did not technically appear in Detective 336, but the character who did-The Witch, was retroactively decided to be Zatanna and is included.

    Other appearances included: Atom 19, Green Lantern 42, Detective 355, JLA 51.

    Also included is the story from DC Blue Ribbon Digest #5 (from 1980) which adds a piece of retroactive continuity showing the disappearance of Zatara and the beginning of her search for him .

    From there Zatanna had a back up strip inAdventure Comics (during the Supergirl run) and in Supergirl's title in the early 70s, and didn't join the JLA until 1978 in JLA 161, so she had a bit of history before the Satellite era of the League.

    -M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

  6. #156
    Boisterously Confused
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Her first appearance was in Hawkman #4, it along with the extened storyline of her search for Zatara across several DC titles was reprinted ina trade that is now out of print...



    She did not technically appear in Detective 336, but the character who did-The Witch, was retroactively decided to be Zatanna and is included.

    Other appearances included: Atom 19, Green Lantern 42, Detective 355, JLA 51.

    Also included is the story from DC Blue Ribbon Digest #5 (from 1980) which adds a piece of retroactive continuity showing the disappearance of Zatara and the beginning of her search for him .

    From there Zatanna had a back up strip inAdventure Comics (during the Supergirl run) and in Supergirl's title in the early 70s, and didn't join the JLA until 1978 in JLA 161, so she had a bit of history before the Satellite era of the League.

    -M
    That's always interested me; is "Zatanna's Search" the first multi-title event in comics? (even if some of it had to be retrofitted into place)

  7. #157
    Mighty Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Her first appearance was in Hawkman #4, it along with the extened storyline of her search for Zatara across several DC titles was reprinted ina trade that is now out of print...



    She did not technically appear in Detective 336, but the character who did-The Witch, was retroactively decided to be Zatanna and is included.

    Other appearances included: Atom 19, Green Lantern 42, Detective 355, JLA 51.

    Also included is the story from DC Blue Ribbon Digest #5 (from 1980) which adds a piece of retroactive continuity showing the disappearance of Zatara and the beginning of her search for him .

    From there Zatanna had a back up strip inAdventure Comics (during the Supergirl run) and in Supergirl's title in the early 70s, and didn't join the JLA until 1978 in JLA 161, so she had a bit of history before the Satellite era of the League.

    -M
    I remember when I was younger, I convinced my dad to drive me around our city in search of that very trade paperback and to this day I've never found it.

  8. #158
    Incredible Member LP22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Really looking forward to this week's issue and To see hawkwoman meeting Carter but I'm still waiting for Carter and Kendra to finally have a serious talk about their relationship.

  9. #159
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    45,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Really looking forward to this week's issue and To see hawkwoman meeting Carter but I'm still waiting for Carter and Kendra to finally have a serious talk about their relationship.
    Somehow I'm not expecting that to happen anytime soon...

    Although I am curious how 5G will effect the Hawks.

  10. #160
    Incredible Member LP22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Somehow I'm not expecting that to happen anytime soon...

    Although I am curious how 5G will effect the Hawks.
    Yes not until snyder ends his run and settles the kendra and manhunter stuff but it will happen that I'm sure.

  11. #161
    Unapologetic Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Department H
    Posts
    2,111

    Default

    I’m just getting into this series, and a lot of other rebirth titles, and it’s definitely one of my favorite. I really want to see the Atom guest star in this book, or become a permanent fixture in his supporting cast.

  12. #162
    Incredible Member LP22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m just getting into this series, and a lot of other rebirth titles, and it’s definitely one of my favorite. I really want to see the Atom guest star in this book, or become a permanent fixture in his supporting cast.
    then you are going to love issue 5 and 6

  13. #163
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,562

    Default

    As much as I love Hawkman and Venditti this series has so far been just ok.

    The first arc was pretty good and Venditti really has a good voice for Carter but it was very much lessened by how dragged out it was. I mean 12 issues for one story is Bendis territory. Hitches art was great though.

    Then the second arc that just ended with Shadow Thief was just average and now were getting into Year of the villain crossover. 17 issues in and this is what we got.

    It's really a shame because like I said the potential is there with how well Venditti writes Hawkman but the first arc dragging on forever followed up by a mediocre one and now a crossover is killing what the series can actually be.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

    Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake.

    Currently Reading: All Star Comics, Justice League of America (Satalite years era), Huntress ('89 series)

  14. #164
    Mighty Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    As much as I love Hawkman and Venditti this series has so far been just ok.

    The first arc was pretty good and Venditti really has a good voice for Carter but it was very much lessened by how dragged out it was. I mean 12 issues for one story is Bendis territory. Hitches art was great though.

    Then the second arc that just ended with Shadow Thief was just average and now were getting into Year of the villain crossover. 17 issues in and this is what we got.

    It's really a shame because like I said the potential is there with how well Venditti writes Hawkman but the first arc dragging on forever followed up by a mediocre one and now a crossover is killing what the series can actually be.
    To be fair, any writer tackling the Hawks with only Hawkman has one had tied down. I think it's can solid considering that.

  15. #165
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,562

    Default

    Today's issue was actually better than I expected.

    It's a tie in to Year of the Villain and all the other nonsense going on but Venditti managed to make it stand on it's own and be a Hawkman story rather than an offshoot of those other events. So kudos for that.

    With that being said, although the premise was good the action in the issue itself was just ok.

    The last page is promising though.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

    Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake.

    Currently Reading: All Star Comics, Justice League of America (Satalite years era), Huntress ('89 series)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •