Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

What do you all think of Idamm and the Deathbringers? I like Idamm. While he does seem like the generic angry/vengeful villain, I think with some more time and development he can become an interesting and popular foe for Hawkman. I like the Deathbringers as well. The whole giant alien/cosmic world-destroying threat has been done before but I still have a soft spot for those type of threats. With Hawkman's connection to them I wonder what this means for Hawkman's former foe Hath-Set. He was formerly connected to Hawkman's death/reincarnation cycle so I'm curious to know what part he will play now, if any.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    What do you all think of Idamm and the Deathbringers? I like Idamm. While he does seem like the generic angry/vengeful villain, I think with some more time and development he can become an interesting and popular foe for Hawkman. I like the Deathbringers as well. The whole giant alien/cosmic world-destroying threat has been done before but I still have a soft spot for those type of threats. With Hawkman's connection to them I wonder what this means for Hawkman's former foe Hath-Set. He was formerly connected to Hawkman's death/reincarnation cycle so I'm curious to know what part he will play now, if any.
    i think they're really interesting.

although it feels like you can't have them come to earth and let let hawkman handle them. i kept on wondering where the justice league was.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    i think they're really interesting.

although it feels like you can't have them come to earth and let let hawkman handle them. i kept on wondering where the justice league was.
    I agree. Since they pose such a major threat I would think the JL would have been called in. It was cool though seeing Hawkman attempt to battle them off by himself.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Mighty Member

Here's a nice interview by Hitch and Venditti

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/go/280917

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post

I wished Will Conrad was the new main artist going forward, but it seems like he's only doing #13. Shame. Dude's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I wished Will Conrad was the new main artist going forward, but it seems like he's only doing #13. Shame. Dude's great.
    Conrad is great, but I love Oliffe's work too. He's a great visual storyteller, so Ia m cool with him being on board.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by vartox View Post

I found it kind of odd that the interviewer didn't even mention Hawkgirl. Her absence feels like the 800-lbs gorilla in the room to me. Her potential connection to the mysterious red-head we saw in issue #8 and how she factors in the new mythology would have been one of my first questions.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Preview to issue #12. Hawkman laying the smack down! Looks epic!

Love the title, too. The U.S.'s motto, baby!
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    I found it kind of odd that the interviewer didn't even mention Hawkgirl. Her absence feels like the 800-lbs gorilla in the room to me. Her potential connection to the mysterious red-head we saw in issue #8 and how she factors in the new mythology would have been one of my first questions.
    I think Venditti is trying to avoid Hawkgirl like he avoided Carol Ferris in his Green Lantern work.

Either he doesn't want to write female leads, cause any controversy with his handling of their relationship, or she's off-limits because of Snyder.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Venditti is trying to avoid Hawkgirl like he avoided Carol Ferris in his Green Lantern work.

Either he doesn't want to write female leads, cause any controversy with his handling of their relationship, or she's off-limits because of Snyder.
    Possibly a good thing, the last thing Hawkman need is the JLU treatment becoming cômic book canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Possibly a good thing, the last thing Hawkman need is the JLU treatment becoming cômic book canon.
    Ugh, that still pisses me off. Really bugs me when an otherwise amazing adaptation of the DCU can do such injustice to one of its most classic heroes.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Preview to issue #12. Hawkman laying the smack down! Looks epic!

Love the title, too. The U.S.'s motto, baby!
    It was odd, but I suspected it was because he told the interviewer beforehand he can't talk about her. It's too big an issue not to ask otherwise.

I just issue #12 and thought it was decent. The Deathbringers were kinda underwhelming but I do like Idamm. Although with Hawkman's seemingly new backstory, I wonder if Hath-Set will come in to play at some point. I like the way Venditti writes Hawkman, but I will say his Hawkman seems much less hot-headed than previous versions of the character.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Just read it and I gotta say, I enjoyed the way Ktar asked Carter about Hawkgirl and his answer was essentially "pending editorial." It was addressed, which is all I could have hoped for.

I need more Hawketeer in my life. That's not negotiable.