Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    venditti seems to be doing good with it.

wonder how the sales are?
    Not great at all. But I really don't think that many people know about it.

No really is talking about it and all the news outlets don't/haven't covered it. Which when you read it you can't help but wonder why no one is really talking about it. It is actually a very good solo series that isn't Batman or Spider-Man in today's world. It's shocking.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 06-06-2019 at 11:14 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    The thing Hawkman have on his advantages is tha he havê a really cool and unique design, seeing all the amazing looking statues of the charácter I imagine DC makes a good money with it.
    This is true. The money isn't in the comics, it's in the merch, and Hawkman's look makes for some really cool merch.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post

No really is talking about it and all the news outlets don't/haven't covered it. Which when you read it you can't help but wonder why no one is really talking about it. It is actually a very good solo series that isn't Batman or Spider-Man in today's world. It's shocking.
    Quality is awesome although not always a cause for attention, unfortunately .

(I wonder if having Hawkgirl around would help sales at all).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Doubt it. She's in Justice League now and it's not like she is the major draw there.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Doubt it. She's in Justice League now and it's not like she is the major draw there.
    I guess, I just want Hawkgirl to be in an actual Hawk book again .

This is disappointing. I really like the current series and I want this title to stick around. It is sad that there isn't a lot of much talk about it since both the art and writing have been stellar IMO. Has Hawkman appeared in any other titles lately?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Also, I would love for Feithera to somehow be incorporated into the DC universe again. I always liked DC's hidden societies and Feithera is one of my favorites. This could also be a nice way to (re)introduce Northwind again if he hasn't appeared yet.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Preview of Hawkman #13. First issue with Will Conrad on pencils, and it looks really good. Pretty similar to Hitch, in my opinion, but with a bit more detail, I think. Particularly like the more pronounced slots on the back of Carter's wing harness.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

I think this will be the only issue with Conrad, since he's still listed as drawing JL Odyssey in the following months.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I think this will be the only issue with Conrad, since he's still listed as drawing JL Odyssey in the following months.
    Yeah Vendetti said in an interview somewhere recently that Conrad was only a fill in artist for 1 issue, and a new artist would take over after that, but I cannot remember if he named the artist or not.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Yeah Vendetti said in an interview somewhere recently that Conrad was only a fill in artist for 1 issue, and a new artist would take over after that, but I cannot remember if he named the artist or not.

-M
    Ah, yeah. Google tells me it's Pat Olliffe who's formally taking over with issue #14. I'm not familiar with him, but glancing at his work online, I'm liking what I'm seeing.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Ah, yeah. Google tells me it's Pat Olliffe who's formally taking over with issue #14. I'm not familiar with him, but glancing at his work online, I'm liking what I'm seeing.
    Pat Olliffe! Haven't seen him in a while, but happy to have him on something .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I doubt Hawkgirl would help much. If you're a fan of one, you're typically a fan of the other. She might provide a minor boost but probably nothing that noticeable.

It is a shame the book isn't doing better, but I'm not sure this is the market for Hawkman anymore. I mean, I think a lot of people "like" the Hawks.....but not enough to sacrifice the other stuff on their pull list.

I wonder what other markets DC could introduce the Hawks into and have it translate well?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I doubt Hawkgirl would help much. If you're a fan of one, you're typically a fan of the other. She might provide a minor boost but probably nothing that noticeable.

It is a shame the book isn't doing better, but I'm not sure this is the market for Hawkman anymore. I mean, I think a lot of people "like" the Hawks.....but not enough to sacrifice the other stuff on their pull list.

I wonder what other markets DC could introduce the Hawks into and have it translate well?
    Animation could work, as long it isn't the DCAU, JLU was good in general, but not to Hawkman. Maybe a Black Label book with some great creator.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Preview of Hawkman #13. First issue with Will Conrad on pencils, and it looks really good. Pretty similar to Hitch, in my opinion, but with a bit more detail, I think. Particularly like the more pronounced slots on the back of Carter's wing harness.
    Love the concept of the museum onboard the spaceship. It fits in well with both major interpretations of the character and reinforces Venditti's commitment to honour both the Thanagarian and the reincarnated archeologist roots.

I am curious, with all the explorations of Hawkman's past lives, if we'll ever see much exploration of his life (lives?) as Katar Hol. There was conspicuously at least one image of a very classic Silver Age-ish Hawkman and I couldn't help but wonder if that was meant to be Katar. If so, I wonder how they'll deal with it, especially given the 'reincarnation across time and space' aspect. If Carter remembers his life as Katar, then does he literally have memories of life on another parallel earth? Life in a previous timeline? Or, given Rebirth, is there now a version of Silver Age Hawkman back in continuity?

Since Hawkman is going to go up against Carl Sands soon, I'm guessing we might get some answers to what Hawkman's history as Carter and as Katar looks like in current DC continuity.