Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    ^ ^ ^

Doing his best Wolverine impression?
    I'm surprised I didn't notice that .

BANNED

I just read some of my Green Arrow Deluxe, vol. 1 (rebirth) and it was good. Juan Ferreyra's art was amazing, really loved it. I had really missed some Street Level action, it felt good get some.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    ^ ^ ^

Doing his best Wolverine impression?
    Well, in the DCU at least Ollie is the best at what he does, so...

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I'd buy the **** out of a another Brad Meltzer run on Green Arrow.
    I'd buy the **** out of another Meltzer run on anything at DC. Loved his GA, loved ID Crisis, really loved his JLA.

looks like ollie will have a role in bendis' leviathan event...

Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post

Oh, boy. This could turn out to be either great or terrible.

I'd be curious to read Bendis' Ollie.

I need some help from my fellow GA fans. Recently my hard drive crashed and I had to get a new one for my laptop. I am now having to rebuild my favorites I had spent several years building up. One of the favorites was a link to a Green Arrow t-shirt, a particular t-shirt, but I cannot find the link for it. The t-shirt took the crosshairs section from the cover of Green Arrow #74, Green Arrow #74.jpg, and put it on the t-shirt. If anyone has the link for this I would appreciate it.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Having both the Question AND Ollie IS tempting me to give this a whirl. But, jeez I've been burnt by DC too many times with their 'events'.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Having both the Question AND Ollie IS tempting me to give this a whirl. But, jeez I've been burnt by DC too many times with their 'events'.
    I'm reading Bendis Action Comics where he's been writing the Question and AC has been pretty good consistently, There's One issue I didnt like as much but overall AC has been solid and his Question is VERY on point, You can literally hear Jeffery Combs as you read him.... Plus he has Q use words like Prudent

As for Ollie: He confirmed the 25 cent issue in May about Year of the Villain kicks off Leviathan with a Chapter 0. Starring Batgirl and Ollie, so we'll see how that goes there
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Schmidt really did a gorgeous (and sexy) Green Arrow and Black Canary .

I believe Ollie should be a competent enough fighter. Not at Batman's levels or not even Dinah's but he should be skilled.
    I believe Olllie should be a very competent fighter by normal standards, and rather middling by hero standards. Not just bar brawler, but not a notable skill. I believe Dinah should be fantastic, and in the same league as Batman or possibly more skilled (he's going to far outdo her in physical strength ). And I believe that league should not be "top 10 in the world." For me, Batman should be a great fighter, but a detective first, and not the most amazing fighter that ever lived. I know that ship has sailed, but it's how I feel about it. Dinah is primarily fighter, though she (like Ollie) has some investigatory skills - the ones every street-level hero needs, but it's not where either of them shine. Ollie, of course, shines in archery. He doesn't need to be the best fighter, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I believe Olllie should be a very competent fighter by normal standards, and rather middling by hero standards. Not just bar brawler, but not a notable skill. I believe Dinah should be fantastic, and in the same league as Batman or possibly more skilled (he's going to far outdo her in physical strength ). And I believe that league should not be "top 10 in the world." For me, Batman should be a great fighter, but a detective first, and not the most amazing fighter that ever lived. I know that ship has sailed, but it's how I feel about it. Dinah is primarily fighter, though she (like Ollie) has some investigatory skills - the ones every street-level hero needs, but it's not where either of them shine. Ollie, of course, shines in archery. He doesn't need to be the best fighter, too.
    I think the real contrast between Batman and Dinah is that I think Dinah could probably last longer against Shiva in a straight-up hand-to-hand fight then Batman could.