Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 58
  1. #16
    Always Rakzo
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peru
    Posts
    3,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Does anyone think that Green Arrow not being a strong fighter adds on to him being an underdog? I noticed that he gets his arse handed to him at times.
    I believe Ollie should be a competent enough fighter. Not at Batman's levels or not even Dinah's but he should be skilled.

    People often forget that archery is an extremely complex art by itself and becoming an expert of it automatically developes your strength, speed and precision so Ollie being the World's Greatest Archer should make him easily above an average fighter.

    I believe Winick did good with that aspect during his run but I'm not necessarily claiming for such an overly-efficient Ollie to return.

  2. #17
    Incredible Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I believe Ollie should be a competent enough fighter. Not at Batman's levels or not even Dinah's but he should be skilled.

    People often forget that archery is an extremely complex art by itself and becoming an expert of it automatically developes your strength, speed and precision so Ollie being the World's Greatest Archer should make him easily above an average fighter.

    I believe Winick did good with that aspect during his run but I'm not necessarily claiming for such an overly-efficient Ollie to return.
    Fair enough, I think I'm more married with the idea of his heart being in the right place, but beyond his skill with a bow, he's mostly got to rely on gimmicks. Ollie notoriously talks a bigger game than he can back up and his fighting ability reflecting that makes sense. About the only place his checks can cash is archery, in which he is second-to-none (despite his claims of others surpassing him).

  3. #18

  4. #19
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    38,916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Fair enough, I think I'm more married with the idea of his heart being in the right place, but beyond his skill with a bow, he's mostly got to rely on gimmicks. Ollie notoriously talks a bigger game than he can back up and his fighting ability reflecting that makes sense. About the only place his checks can cash is archery, in which he is second-to-none (despite his claims of others surpassing him).
    I think he should be decent for a crime-fighter as far as fighting capability, but would probably have to go for cheap shots or cheat to beat the more remarkable hand-to-hand fighters of the DCU.

  5. #20
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Your mum's place
    Posts
    964

    Default

    I like Ollie as a competent hand to hand fighter. NOT a martial artist legend he winded up as in Winick's run.
    He's the bowmaster.
    Leave Connor as the martial arts master.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

  6. #21
    Incredible Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I like Ollie as a competent hand to hand fighter. NOT a martial artist legend he winded up as in Winick's run.
    He's the bowmaster.
    Leave Connor as the martial arts master.
    I'm good with that. He watches enough boxing to have a mean right hook!

  7. #22
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,165

    Default

    Issue 50 preview

    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...iew-cancelled/

    Not giving something like this my money. Sorry, Dinah has been built up so well over this series that she WOULD go to jail for Ollie if she could rather than betray him. This feels like the writers themselves are doing this under protest let alone her.

  8. #23
    Always Rakzo
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peru
    Posts
    3,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Issue 50 preview

    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...iew-cancelled/

    Not giving something like this my money. Sorry, Dinah has been built up so well over this series that she WOULD go to jail for Ollie if she could rather than betray him. This feels like the writers themselves are doing this under protest let alone her.
    The Dinah who has been constantly insulting and disminishing Ollie at everytime over the course of this volume?

    Sure...

  9. #24
    Fantastic Member Gurz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Do i need to say don't worry guys ? lol This is Green Arrow, he will have relauch. Nowadays no title goes on until 60 issues. They flood the market with new '' issue # 1 s ''

    I'm a trade waiter so don't care as long as they don't cancel the deluxe Green Arrow line without finishing.
    Favorite DC Charaters:
    1-Batman, 2-Nightwing, 3-Black Adam, 4-Cassandra Cain, 5-Aquaman,6-Catwoman, 7- Wesley Dodds (Sandman),8-Green Lantern, 9-Supergirl, 10-Green Arrow
    Favorite Marvel Characters:
    1-Wolverine, 2-Blade, 3-Punisher, 4-Daredevil
    Favorite Image, Top Cow Characters:
    1-Darkness, 2-Witchblade, 3-Invincible, 4-Spawn, 5-Dragon
    Favorite Valiant Characters:
    1-Bloodshot

  10. #25
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    The Dinah who has been constantly insulting and disminishing Ollie at everytime over the course of this volume?

    Sure...
    Tsundre reactions are easily trumped by loyalty and devotion.

    I'm a Hey Arnold fan, believe me, I've seen much worse.

  11. #26
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,165

    Default

    So some pages of Doomsday Clock#9 came out and, well...

    spoilers:
    Apparently Ollie and Dinah are still together
    end of spoilers

    Um....'kay. Guess what's coming up doesn't go the way we all think

  12. #27
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    3,812

    Default



    Still the greatest (and my most appreciated!) GA story!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  13. #28
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Your mum's place
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post


    Still the greatest (and my most appreciated!) GA story!
    I'm with you.
    Throw in the Wonder Year and you get a great taste of Grell's Oliver Queen - and damn, Shado is such a great character....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

  14. #29
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post


    Still the greatest (and my most appreciated!) GA story!
    Yup this and Lemire Weapon Clans is my favorite GA stories to read.

  15. #30
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12,165

    Default

    I read some spoilers from Green Arrow#50 (though I haven't seen the full issue yet).

    spoilers:
    It's less of a break-up between Ollie and Dinah, more of a "see you later". Dinah lets Ollie go, tells him he needs to run to stay a step ahead of her bosses, and she hopes they reunite (and according to Doomsday Clock#9, they do) She also is beginning to remember their marriage from pre-flashpoint days and she wants to build towards that life again.
    end of spoilers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •