Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I really hope they show what happens to Black Canary and Green Arrow's relationship in Young Justice: Outsiders. There was a conflict set up in episode 1 and we haven't seen Dinah or Ollie since.

I wanted to share an image of the custom Dinah figure I had made last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    I really hope they show what happens to Black Canary and Green Arrow's relationship in Young Justice: Outsiders. There was a conflict set up in episode 1 and we haven't seen Dinah or Ollie since.
    I sense Ollie is in the doghouse after this .

Reminded me a bit of "Cry For Justice..."

Posted in the DC movie thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    As costumes go, this rates a solid "meh" from me. I can understand ditching the fishnets, but Black Canary has always had a biker, trucker, or mechanic sensibility to her. The materials are simply too nice here. The flared pants also feels off—I think a solid pair of boots is important to her character. The top is way too small, and why is it yellow? The jacket ought to be short, not the full-length shown here.

The jewelry also feels very un-Dinah to me. She should never be afraid to get her hands dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post

As costumes go, this rates a solid "meh" from me. I can understand ditching the fishnets, but Black Canary has always had a biker, trucker, or mechanic sensibility to her. The materials are simply too nice here. The flared pants also feels off—I think a solid pair of boots is important to her character. The top is way too small, and why is it yellow? The jacket ought to be short, not the full-length shown here.

The jewelry also feels very un-Dinah to me. She should never be afraid to get her hands dirty.
    Yeah, I am assuming this is a "civilian" look, if you want to call it that, but it doesn't feel very Dinah to me either. I am also not very excited about the nose piercing either. :/ I find it a weird costume/character choice.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post

How does wearing jewelry mean she's afraid to get her hand dirty? Dinah's not exactly a tomboy.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How does wearing jewelry mean she's afraid to get her hand dirty? Dinah's not exactly a tomboy.
    For Dinah, practicality is the fashion statement. A necklace or something in her hair would be fine. But note all the rings, which can be a danger to your own hands during fights or manual work.

BANNED

(Reads GA#49)

Boy, they're really rushing the latest inevitable break-up aren't they? Literally a last page set up with the rest of the book being the two working in tandem.

If the book weren't about to be cancelled, one would expect Dinah to tell ARGUS or whatever to shove it and go on the run with Ollie...maybe that'll still happen, who knows, she'll likely just look the other way and let him run.

BANNED

Jackson Lanzing and Collin Kelly have tweeted an essay on the process leading up to Green Arrow's cancellation, and being forced to end their run before it could really begin

https://www.newsarama.com/43810-gree...50-finale.html

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Yeah, I am assuming this is a "civilian" look, if you want to call it that, but it doesn't feel very Dinah to me either. I am also not very excited about the nose piercing either. :/ I find it a weird costume/character choice.
    Are we sure it isn't "Dinah disguised as a street walker"?

And what's with those heels?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Are we sure it isn't "Dinah disguised as a street walker"?

And what's with those heels?
    How did you get "street walker" from that outfit? Have you even seen what this character usually dressed like?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How did you get "street walker" from that outfit? Have you even seen what this character usually dressed like?
    As others have mentioned, it isn't quite her normal comic book look, especially with the nose-ring and other jewelry that would be a disadvantage in normal hand-to-hand combat.

Man, I love Canary. Easily one of my favorite heroes in DC. And a big hell yeah to whoever it was who mentioned the DCYOU series! I loved that one too, and I wish DC would take the more familiar ground we're on right now, and try that rock band approach again. That was one of the most stupid obvious things to do with Dinah I don't get why no one had done it before. I sure as hell never thought of it!

Sadly not feeling those BoP movie images though. Whether this is a "civilian" outfit or what she'll be kicking ass in, it doesn't feel like Dinah to me at all. Dinah is straight up biker brawler badass, not.....this. The rings (especially in her nose) feel really tone-deaf in terms of characterization I think (someone could jank that out of her face in a fight!) and the actress doesn't look "hard" enough for Dinah. She doesn't look like she's ever thrown a punch, much less taken one, and I like the idea that Dinah is beautiful but "road weary" like she's got a lot of miles on her soul. This girl is too....smooth?

The DCEU usually does a good job with casting (usually) so maybe this actress will crush the role. I dont think I'm familiar with her work (I dont recognize her anyway) but I lost faith in the DCEU a long time ago and this isn't making me question my decision. I mean, I wish them the best and I hope Canary shines in this film and for all I know this actress will be the "Chris Reeve" for the role. I just dont expect it, given the DCEU's history and these images. I do love that title though! Maybe they missed with Canary (maybe not?) but they definitely did right by Harley.

Anyway!

Okay guys, question. Dinah is one of the oldest female heroes still in publication. She's got ties to some of the biggest IP's at DC; JSA, JLA, Batman, Arrow, and she gets around the DCU more than just about anyone who isn't Nightwing. She's been involved in a number of major stories, if not the focus, and had her name on the cover of a number of titles. But she's never really reached that A-list status. What's holding her back (aside from DC's mismanagement I mean), and how do you fix it?
    Last edited by Ascended; 02-07-2019 at 09:10 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Ive gotten the impression they are going more with the Singer version of the character than the hand to hand combatant. It's sad, once upon a time, Canary was considered one of the top if not the top hand to hand combatant in the DCU. But like just about everything the New52 touched, she is less than a shadow of herself and the movie will only add to that. But then this is all speculation based on a single shot from an entire movie. The actress, the character and in fact the movie might turn out great. Just because it is pulled from the Suicide Squad movie doesn't mean it will necessarily be not so great...

The movie could be amazing. Who knows? I just dont trust the DCEU to do anything right except by mistake. Im not going to call any of this a failure based one a couple random images, but looking at DC's record I know where I'd put my bet.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.